This paper presents a novel power divider with filtering responses. By using quarter-wavelength resonators with a novel feeding structure, both power division and bandpass responses are obtained, and compact size is realized. Discriminating coupling is utilized to suppress the third harmonic to obtain wide stopband. The isolation resistor is connected at two ends of the input feed line, and good isolation is obtained. Two transmission zeros are generated at two edges of the passband, resulting in high selectivity. For demonstration, a filtering power divider is implemented. Comparisons of the measured and simulated results are presented to verify the theoretical predications.
1. Li, J. C., Y. L. Wu, Y. A. Liu, J. Y. Shen, S. L. Li, and C. P. Yu, "A generalized coupled-line dual-band Wilkinson power divider with extended ports," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 129, 197-214, 2012. doi:10.2528/PIER12050908
2. Liu, W. Q., F. Wei, and X. W. Shi, "A compact tri-band power divider based on triple-mode resonator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 138, 283-291, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIER13012601
3. Chang, L., C. Liao, L.-L. Chen, W. B. Lin, X. Zheng, and Y.-L. Wu, "Design of an ultra-wideband power divider via the coarse-grained parallel micro-genetic algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 124, 425-440, 2012. doi:10.2528/PIER11120517
4. Wu, Y. and Y. Liu, "A unequal coupled-line Wilkinson power divider for arbitrary terminated impedance," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 117, 181-194, 2011.
5. Gao, L. and X. Y. Zhang, "High selectivity dual-band bandpass filter using a quad-mode resonator with source-load coupling," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 23, 474-476, 2013. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2013.2274995
6. Li, J., S. S. Huang, and J. Z. Zhao, "Design of a compact and high selectivity tri-band bandpass filter using asymmetric stepped-impedance resonators (SIRs)," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 44, 81-86, 2014. doi:10.2528/PIERL13112502
7. Gao, L., X. Y. Zhang, B.-J. Hu, and Q. Xue, "Novel stub-loaded multi-mode resonators and their applications to various bandpass filters," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 62, 1162-1172, 2014. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2014.2314680
8. Tang, X. and K. Mouthaan, "Filtering integrated Wilkinson power dividers," Microw. Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 52, 2830-2833, 2010. doi:10.1002/mop.25605
9. Li, Y. C., Q. Xue, and X. Y. Zhang, "Single- and dual-band power divider integrated with bandpass filter," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 61, 69-76, 2013. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2012.2226600
10. Shao, J.-Y., S.-C. Huang, and Y.-H. Pang, "Wilkinson power divider incorporating quasi-elliptic filters for improved out-of-band rejection," Electronics Lett., Vol. 47, 1288-1289, 2011. doi:10.1049/el.2011.2766
11. Song, K., S. Hu, Y. Mo, Y. Fan, and C. Zhong, "Novel bandpass-response power divider with high frequency selectivity using centrally stub-loaded resonators," Microw. Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 55, 1560-1562, 2013. doi:10.1002/mop.27644
12. Zhang, X. Y., K.-X. Wang, and B.-J. Hu, "Compact filtering power divider with enhanced second-harmonic suppression," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 23, 483-485, 2013. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2013.2274993
13. Chen, C.-F., T.-Y. Huang, T.-M. Shen, and R.-B. Wu, "Design of miniaturized filtering power dividers for system-in-a-package," IEEE Trans. Compon. Packag. Manufact. Tech., Vol. 3, 1663-1672, 2013. doi:10.1109/TCPMT.2013.2254488
14. Song, K., X. Ren, F. Chen, and Y. Fan, "Ultrawideband notch-band power divider with bandpass response using defect microstrip structure," Microw. Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 56, 711-715, 2014. doi:10.1002/mop.28184
15. Gao, L. and X. Y. Zhang, "Novel 2 : 1 Wilkinson power divider integrated with bandpass filter," Microw. Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 55, 646-648, 2013. doi:10.1002/mop.27395
16. Deng, P.-H. and L.-C. Dai, "Unequal Wilkinson power dividers with favorable selectivity and high-isolation using coupled-line filter transformers," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 60, 1520-1529, 2012. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2012.2189409
17. Pozar, D. M., Microwave Engineering, 3rd Ed., John Wiley & Sons, 2005.
18. Li, L. and Z. F. Li, "Side-coupled shorted microstrip line for compact quasi-elliptic wideband bandpass filter design," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 20, 518-520, 2010. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2009.2038526
19. Zhang, X. Y. and Q. Xue, "Harmonic-suppressed bandpass filter based on discriminating coupling," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 19, 695-697, 2009. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2009.2032002