A new design of a circularly polarized planar magneto-electric dipole antenna is proposed and presented. This antenna consists of dual horizontal T-shaped electric dipole and an inverted U-shaped feed line. The antenna possesses 21.1% impedance bandwidth, from 8.9 GHz-11.0 GHz, provides 3-dB axial ratio bandwidth of 9.52% ranging 10.0 GHz-11.0 GHz, exhibits stable omnidirectional radiation pattern with almost equal E-plane and H-plane radiation patterns and provides a peak gain of 6.2 dBi. Due to its good electrical characteristics and radiation parameters, the antenna is suitable for satellite and RADAR communication in X-band.
1. Luk, K. M. and H. Wong, "Complementary wideband antennas,", US No. 7843389, Nov. 30, 2010.
2. Luk, K. M. and H. Wong, "A new wideband unidirectional antenna element," Int. J. Microw. Opt. Technol., Vol. 1, No. 1, 34-44, 2006.
3. Wu, B. Q. and K. M. Luk, "A magneto-electric dipole with a modified ground plane," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 8, 627-629, 2009.
4. An, W., K. Lau, S. Li, and Q. Xue, "Wideband E-shaped dipole antenna with staircase-shaped feeding strip," Electron Lett., Vol. 46, 1583-1584, Nov. 24, 2010. doi:10.1109/TAP.2012.2207689
5. Ge, L. and K. M. Luk, "A wideband magneto-electric dipole antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 60, 4987-4991, Nov. 11, 2012.
6. Feng, B., W. Hong, S. Li, W. An, and S. Yin, "A dual-wideband double-layer magneto-electric dipole antenna with a modified horned reflector for 2G/3G/LTE applications," Int. J. Antennas Propag., article ID 509589, 2013. doi:10.1109/TAP.2012.2214998
7. Xue, Q., S. W. Liao, and J. H. Xu, "A differentially-driven dual-polarized magneto-electric dipole antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 61, 425-430, Jan. 1, 2013.
8. Li, M. and K. M. Luk, "A differential-fed magneto-electric dipole antenna for ultra-wideband applications," IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation (APSURSI), 1482-1485, Jul. 2011. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2013.2252321
9. Tang, C. and Q. Xue, "Vertical planar printed unidirectional antenna," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 12, 368-371, 2013.
10. Ng, K. B., H. Wong, K. K. So, C. H. Chan, and K. M. Luk, "60 GHz plated through hole printed magneto-electric dipole antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 60, 3129-3136, Jul. 7, 2012. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2014.2335752
11. Wang, E. C. and L. Y. Shi, "An improved wideband dipole antenna for global navigation satellite system," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 13, 1305-1308, 2014. doi:10.1049/el.2014.0812
12. Liang, W., Y.-C. Jiao, J. Li, and T. Ni, "Circularly polarized ME dipole antenna," Electron Lett., Vol. 50, No. 14, 2014. doi:10.1109/MAP.2015.2397091
13. Li, M. and K. M. Luk, "Wideband ME dipole antenna with dual polarization and circular polarization," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 57, No. 1, 110-119, 2015.