For the principle that intermittent sampling and repeater jamming (ISRJ) is obtained by discontinuous sampling of radar signal in time domain, a novel random redundancy (RR) waveform based on multiple input multiple output (MIMO) radar and multi-carrier phase code (MCPC) radar signal is proposed, namely RR-MCPC signal. From the point of waveform design, chaotic sequences are used to encode each chip in time domain for the signal with a multi-carrier phase code multiphase coding structure. Moreover, some chips are randomly arranged with equal amount of redundant coding in time-frequency domain. In MIMO radar, the subcarriers of radar signal are divided into multiple channels for transmission, and then the received signal is processed in each channel. Ensure that the intermittent sampling, whether in time domain or frequency domain, will sample redundant information in a channel. So it cannot match the matched filter. Therefore, the RR processing makes the signal have the characteristics of anti-ISRJ, which can availably restrain the interference of ISRJ false target. The results show that the signal-jamming ratio (SJR) improvement factor of RR-MCPC signal after pulse compression is optimized by 2.47-2.69 dB compared with the multi-carrier phase code signal under the typical parameters expressed in this paper.
"Research on Random Redundant Multi-Carrier Phase Code Signal Against ISRJ Based on MIMO Radar," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M,
Vol. 110, 97-107, 2022. doi:10.2528/PIERM21092201
1. Majd, M. N., M. Radmard, M. M. Chitgarha, et al. "Diversity-multiplexing tradeoff in MIMO radars," IET Radar, Sonar & Navigation, Vol. 11, No. 4, 691-700, 2017. doi:10.1049/iet-rsn.2016.0278
2. Xiong, J., W. Q. Wang, C. Cui, et al. "Cognitive FDA-MIMO radar for LPI transmit beamforming," IET Radar, Sonar & Navigation, Vol. 11, No. 10, 1574-1580, 2017. doi:10.1049/iet-rsn.2016.0551
3. Feng, D. J., H. M. Tao, Y. Yang, et al. "Jamming de-chirping radar using interrupted-sampling repeater," Science China Information Sciences, Vol. 54, No. 10, 2138-2146, 2011. doi:10.1007/s11432-011-4431-4
4. Lu, Y. and S. Li, "CFAR detection of DRFM deception jamming based on singular spectrum analysis," 2017 IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing, Communications and Computing (ICSPCC), 1-6, Xiamen, China, 2017.
5. Zhou, C., Q. Liu, et al. "Parameter estimation and suppression for DRFM-based interrupted sampling repeater jammer," IET Radar, Sonar & Navigation, 56-63, 2018. doi:10.1049/iet-rsn.2017.0114
6. Hao, H., M. Pan, S. Gong, et al. "Estimating and calibrating the response of multiple wideband digital radio frequency memories in a hardware-in-the-loop system using shuffled frog leaping algorithm," IET Radar, Sonar & Navigation, Vol. 10, No. 5, 827-833, 2016. doi:10.1049/iet-rsn.2014.0242
7. Zhong, S., X. Huang, H. Wang, et al. "Anti-intermittent sampling repeater jamming waveform design based on immune genetics," 2019 IEEE International Conference on Power, Intelligent Computing and Systems (ICPICS), 553-559, Shenyang, China, 2019.
8. Zhou, C., Z. Tang, Z. Zhu, et al. "Anti-interrupted sampling repeater jamming waveform design method," Dianzi Yu Xinxi Xuebao/Journal of Electronics and Information Technology, Vol. 40, No. 9, 2198-2205, 2018.
9. Yu, M., S. Dong, X. Duan, et al. "A novel interference suppression method for interrupted sampling repeater jamming based on singular spectrum entropy function," Sensors, Vol. 19, No. 1, 136-157, 2019. doi:10.3390/s19010136
10. Chen, J., S. Xu, J. Zou, et al. "Interrupted-sampling repeater jamming suppression based on stacked bidirectional gated recurrent unit network and infinite training," IEEE Access, 107428-107437, 2019. doi:10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2932793
11. Zhou, K., D. Li, Y. Su, et al. "Joint design of transmit waveform and mismatch filter in the presence of interrupted sampling repeater jamming," IEEE Signal Processing Letters, Vol. 27, 1610-1614, 2020. doi:10.1109/LSP.2020.3021667
12. Ren, Z., M. Jiang, and L. Zhang, "Orthogonal phase-frequency coded signal in a pulse against interrupted sampling repeater jamming," The Journal of Engineering, 7573-7576, 2019. doi:10.1049/joe.2019.0500
13. Li, J., X. Luo, X. Duan, et al. "A novel radar waveform design for anti-interrupted sampling repeater jamming via time-frequency random coded method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 98, 89-99, 2020. doi:10.2528/PIERM20072302
14. Huan, S., G. Dai, G. Luo, et al. "Bayesian compress sensing based countermeasure scheme against the interrupted sampling repeater jamming," Sensors, Vol. 19, No. 15, 3279-3285, 2019. doi:10.3390/s19153279
15. Wei, Z., L. Zhen, B. Peng, et al. "ECCM scheme against interrupted sampling repeater jammer based on parameter-adjusted waveform design," Sensors, Vol. 18, No. 4, 1141-1157, 2018. doi:10.3390/s18041141
16. Zhang, J., M. U. Huqiang, S. Wen, et al. "Anti interrupted-sampling repeater jamming method based on stepped LFM waveform," Systems Engineering and Electronics, 2019.
17. Liu, Q. L., Z. Liu, Qi-Xiang F.U., et al. "A DRFM-based repeater jammer with interrupted sampling," Radar & Ecm, 2007.
18. Ciuonzo, D., A. Aubry, and V. Carotenuto, "Rician MIMO channel- and jamming-aware decision fusion," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 65, No. 99, 3866-3880, 2017. doi:10.1109/TSP.2017.2686375
19. Devaney, A. J., "Time reversal imaging of obscured targets from multistatic data," IEEE Transactions on Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 53, No. 5, 1600-1610, 2005. doi:10.1109/TAP.2005.846723
20. Ciuonzo, D., G. Romano, and R. Solimene, "Performance analysis of time-reversal MUSIC," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 63, No. 10, 2650-2662, 2015. doi:10.1109/TSP.2015.2417507
21. Chahrour, H., S. Rajan, R. Dansereau, et al. "Hybrid beamforming for interference mitigation in MIMO radar," 2018 IEEE Radar Conference (Radar Conf. 18), 1005-1009, IEEE, Oklahoma City, OK, USA, 2018.
22. Gui, R. and W. Q. Wang, "Constant modulus waveforms with restraining spectral interferences for cognitive MIMO radar," 2017 IEEE Radar Conference (Radar Conf. 17), 0335-0339, IEEE, Seattle, WA, USA, 2017.
23. Chernyak, V., "On signal detection with mainlobe cancellation interference in Multisite Radar Systems and MIMO radars," 2015 European Radar Conference (EuRAD), 137-140, Paris, France, 2015. doi:10.1109/EuRAD.2015.7346256
24. Aittomaki, T. and V. Koivunen, "Mismatched filter design and interference mitigation for MIMO radars," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 65, No. 2, 454-466, 2017. doi:10.1109/TSP.2016.2620960
25. He, M. and C. Huang, "Self-interference cancellation for full-duplex massive MIMO OFDM with single RF chain," IEEE Wireless Communication Letters, Vol. 99, 26-29, 2019.
26. Fishler, E., A. Haimovich, R. Blum, D. Chizhik, L. Cimini, and R. Valenzuela, "MIMO radar: An idea whose time has come," Proceedings of the 2004 IEEE Radar Conference (IEEE Cat. No. 04CH37509), 71-78, April 2004, doi: 10.1109/NRC.2004.1316398.
27. Tang, L., Y. Zhu, and Q. Fu, "Designing waveform sets with good correlation and stopband properties for MIMO radar via the gradient-based method," Sensors, 999-1020, 2017. doi:10.3390/s17050999
28. Deng, H., "Polyphase code design for orthogonal netted radar systems," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., Vol. 52, 3126-3135, 2004. doi:10.1109/TSP.2004.836530
29. Yang, Y., R. S. Blum, and Z. S. He, "MIMO radar waveform design via alternating projection," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., Vol. 58, 1440-1445, 2010. doi:10.1109/TSP.2009.2033314