In this paper, a quad-band notch characteristics ultra-wideband (UWB) antenna for Wi-MAX, L-WLAN, U-WLAN, and C-band applications is presented. The initial UWB antenna bandwidth is achieved in the 2 to 12.5 GHz frequency band by using the partial ground method. Spiral lossy resonator (SLR) slots are loaded into the UWB ground structure to achieve quad-band notch characteristics. Each SLRS circuit is accountable for a single notch characteristic by losing EM power at the notch frequency. A quad-band notch is accomplished in this antenna for WiMAX (3.24 to 3.56 GHz), L-WLAN (4.76 to 5.34 GHz), U-WLAN (5.58 to 5.91 GHz), and C-band (7.37 to 7.71 GHz) by loading four SLR slots circuits into the UWB antenna. The proposed antenna is engraved on a Rogers RO4003C (3.55) substrate having an overall volume of 50*40*1.524 mm3. The proposed antenna's performance has been verified through simulation and experiments.
1. Wu, L., Y. Xia, and X. Cao, "Design of compact quad-band notched UWB-MIMO antenna," Wireless Personal Communications, Vol. 98, No. 1, 225-236, 2018. doi:10.1007/s11277-017-4865-0
2. Li, J., H. Chen, J.Wang, S. Li, X. Yin, and H. Zhao, "Ultrawideband antipodal tapered slot antenna with reflectionless notched band," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 21, No. 3, 431-435, 2022. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2021.3124333
3. Abbas, A., N. Hussain, J. Lee, S. G. Park, and N. Kim, "Triple rectangular notch UWB antenna using EBG and SRR," IEEE Access, Vol. 9, 2508-2515, 2020.
4. Mohamadzade, B., R. B. V. B. Simorangkir, R. M. Hashmi, Y. Chao-Oger, M. Zhadobov, and R. Sauleau, "A conformal band-notched ultrawideband antenna with monopole-like radiation characteristics," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 19, No. 1, 203-207, 2019. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2019.2958036
5. Sarkar, D., K. V. Srivastava, and K. Saurav, "A compact microstrip-fed triple band-notched UWB monopole antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 13, 396-399, 2014. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2014.2306812
6. Xu, J.-M., C.-Z. Du, G.-Y. Jin, K.-J. Li, W.-Q. Zheng, and Z.-L. Zhao, "A coplanar feed quad-band notched UWB antenna," 2019 International Workshop on Electromagnetics: Applications and Student Innovation Competition (iWEM), 1-2, IEEE, 2019.
7. Abbas, S. M., Y. Ranga, A. K. Verma, and K. P. Esselle, "A simple ultra wideband printed monopole antenna with high band rejection and wide radiation patterns," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 62, No. 9, 4816-4820, 2014. doi:10.1109/TAP.2014.2330585
8. Rekha, V. S. D., P. Pardhasaradhi, B. T. P. Madhav, and Y. U. Devi, "Dual band notched orthogonal 4-element MIMO antenna with isolation for UWB applications," IEEE Access, Vol. 8, 145871-145880, 2020. doi:10.1109/ACCESS.2020.3015020
9. Sharma, I. B., F. L. Lohar, R. K. Maddila, A. Deshpande, and M. M. Sharma, "Tri-band microstrip patch antenna for C, X, and Ku band applications," Optical and Wireless Technologies, 567-574, Springer, Singapore, 2018.
10. Cai, Y.-Z., H.-C. Yang, and L.-Y. Cai, "Wideband monopole antenna with three band-notched characteristics," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 13, 607-610, 2014.
11. Lohar, F. L., I. B. Sharma, V. Katewa, and M. M. Sharma, "T-shaped tri-band antenna based on characteristic mode analysis for satellite applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 115, 65-81, 2021. doi:10.2528/PIERC21072203
12. Kingsly, S., D. Thangarasu, M. Kanagasabai, M. Gulam Nabi Alsath, S. K. Palaniswamy, T. R. Rao, S. Subbaraj, Y. P. Selvam, P. Sambandam, and G. Ganesan, "Tunable band-notched high selective UWB filtering monopole antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 67, No. 8, 5658-5661, 2019. doi:10.1109/TAP.2019.2920997
13. Zhang, X., S. U. Rahman, Q. Cao, I. Gil, and M. I. Khan, "A novel SWB antenna with triple band-notches based on elliptical slot and rectangular split ring resonators," Electronics, Vol. 8, No. 2, 202, 2019. doi:10.3390/electronics8020202
14. Doddipalli, S. and A. Kothari, "Compact UWB antenna with integrated triple notch bands for WBAN applications," IEEE Access, Vol. 7, 183-190, 2018.
15. Kodali, R. R., P. Siddaiah, and M. N. Giriprasad, "Design of quad band operational UWB antenna with triple notch bands using meander line slot," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 109, 63-73, 2022.
16. Balanis, C. A., Antenna Theory: Analysis and Design, John Wiley & Sons, 2015.