In this research, a fast approach of method of moments (MoM) for analyzing 3-D dielectric body is proposed. The unknown polarization current in dielectric body is expanded into rectangular blocks with overlapping volume sinusoidal basis functions. To accelerate the matrix-solving CPU time in MoM, the multi-region iterative method, where the overlapping blocks are used as the iteration units, is applied to solving the matrix equation in the MoM. Some numerical results are given to show that the CPU time for solving unknown currents can be reduced effectively by multi-region iterative method.
"Analysis of Dielectric Body by Using Volume Integral Equation Combined with Multi-Region Iterative Method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M,
Vol. 5, 161-169, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERM08113002
1. Karimullah, K., K. M. Chen, and D. P. Nyquist, "Electromagnetic coupling between a thin-wire antenna and a neighboring biological body: Theory and experiment ," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 28, No. 11, 1218-1225, Nov. 1980.
2. Ofuji, Y., D. Koizumi, Q. Chen, and K. Sawaya, "Method of moments for dielectric scatters by using block modeling with Galerkin's method," IEEE Antennas Propag. Soc. Symp., Vol. 4, 2314-2317, 2000.
3. Yoshikawa, Y., H. Miyashita, I. Chiba, and S. Makino, "Integral degree reduction of impedance matrix elements in polarization current moment method," IEICE Trans. Elec., Vol. J86-B, No. 9, 1721-1730, Sep. 2003 (Japanese edition)..
4. Zhai, H. Q., Q. W. Yuan, Q. Chen, and K.Sawaya, "Analytical expressions of self/mutual impedance between volume sinusoidal monopoles," IEICE Technical Report A·P2007, University of Fukui, Japan, 2007.
5. Rokhlin, V., "Rapid solution of integral equations of scattering theory in two dimensions ," J. Comput. Phys., Vol. 36, No. 2, 414-439, Feb. 1990. doi:10.1016/0021-9991(90)90107-C
6. Zhao, L., T. J. Cui, and W. Li, "An efficient algorithm for EM scattering by electrically large dielectric objects using MR-QEB iterative scheme and CG-FFT method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 67, 341-355, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER06121902
7. Shafai, L., "Aprogressiv e numerical method and its application to large field problems in antennas and electromagnetic scattering," Canadian Electrical Engineering Journal, No. 2, 867-877, 1997.
8. Ye, Q. and L. Shafai, "Performance of the progressive numerical method and its comparison with the modified spatial decomposition technique in solving large scattering problems," IEE Proc. Microwave Antennas Propag., Vol. 145, No. 1, 169-173, 1998. doi:10.1049/ip-map:19981656
9. Chen, Q., Q. W. Yuan, and K. Sawaya, "Fast algorithm for solving matrix equation in MoM analysis of large-scale array antennas," IEICE Trans. Commun., Vol. E85-B, No. 11, 2482-2488, Nov. 2002.
10. Zhai, H. and C. Liang, "Afast wideband analysis of radiation and scattering problems by impedance-matrix interpolation combined with progressive numerical method," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 43, No. 1, Oct. 2004.
11. Brennan, C., P. Cullen, and M. Condon, "A novel solution of the three dimensional electric field integral equation," IEEE Antennas and Propag., Vol. 52, 2781-2784, Oct. 2004. doi:10.1109/TAP.2004.834405
12. Chen, Q., Q. Yuan, and K. Sawaya, "Convergence of SOR in MoM analysis of array antenna," IEICE Transactions on Communications, Vol. E88-B, No. 5, 2220-2223, May 2005. doi:10.1093/ietcom/e88-b.5.2220
13. Al Sharkawy, M., V. Demir, and A. Z. Elsherbeni, "The iterative multi-region algorithm using a hybrid finite difference frequency domain and method of moments techniques," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 57, 19-32, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER05071001