Agricultural waste is produced at agricultural premises as a result of an agricultural activity. Agriculture residue is made up of organic compounds from the living plants like rice straw, oil palm empty fruit bunch, sugarcane bagasse, coconut shell, banana leaves and others. This research has highlighted their eco-friendly nature and high microwave absorption properties, developing a new and improved form of pyramidal absorbers including high carbon content coal in it. Software simulation is done using CST Microwave studio. Samples are developed using a new technique by adding cobalt as an accelerator, and its performance is analyzed in terms of its reflection loss performance using free space measurement method in the frequency range of 8.2 to 12.4 GHz.
1. Smythe, B., S. Casserly, and D. Arakaki, "Organic-based microwave frequency absorbers using corn stover," USA Antennas and Propagation Society, International Syposium Proceedings, 920-921, 2011.
2. Fernandes, E. R. K., C. Marangoni, S. H. W. Medeiros, O. Souza, and N. Sellin, "Slow pyrolysis of banana culture waste: Leaves and pseudostem," 3rd International Conference on Industrial and Hazardous Waste Management, 2012.
3. Mezan, M. S., M. F. B. A. Malek, M. S. Jusoh, F. S. Abdullah, and N. A. M. Affendi, "Reflection loss performance and performance assessment of pyramidal microwave absorber using agriculture waste," PIERS Proceedings, 142-145, Guangzhou, China, August 25-28, 2014.
4. Malek, F., P. J. Soh, A. A. H. Azremi, and H. Nornikman, "Reflection loss performance of hexagonal base pyramid microwave absorber using agricultural waste material," Loughborough Antennas & Propagation Conference, 2010.
5. Malek, M. F. B. A., E. M. Cheng, O. Nadiah, H. Nornikman, M. Ahmed, M. Z. A. Abdul Aziz, A. R. Osman, P. J. Soh, A. A. A.-H. Azremi, A. Hasnain, and M. N. Taib, "Rubber tire dust-rice husk pyramidal microwave absorber," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 117, 449-477, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIER11040801
6. Hasnain, A., M. I. Imran, Z. S. Rohaiza, S. Roslan, A. A. Takiyuddin, A. Rusnani, and A. A. Azremiasia, "Preliminary development of mini anechoic chamber," Pacific Conference on Applies Electromagnetic Proceedings, 2007.
7. Raja, R., P. Kuppusamy, and S. Neogi, "Influence of curing agents on gelation and exotherm behaviour of anunsaturated polyester resin," Indian Academy of Sciences, 1217-1224, 2013.
8. Nornikman, H., P. J. Soh, and A. A. H. Azremi, "Performance of different polygonal microwave absorber designs using novel material," The 2009 International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation (ISAP), Bangkok, Thailand, October 20-23, 2009.