This paper establishes the extension of the method of auxiliary sources EMAS for the purpose of modeling the electromagnetic scattering response by jacket cylindrical structures constituted by a finite number of dielectric eccentric cylindrical inclusions embedded in a host dielectric one. Appropriate boundary conditions mixed with judicious decomposed domains leads to the prediction of the backscattering cross section. The algorithm also integrates the global electromagnetic coupling between the inclusions. The EMAS is validated by varying the inner cylinders repartitions and fine-tuning the electric permittivity according to different geometries. The EMAS level of accuracy compared with the indirect matching mode method IMM reveals a good agreement between the numerical computation results.
"Scattering by Jacket Structures Analysis via the Extended Method of Auxiliary Sources Emas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M,
Vol. 9, 199-214, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIERM09101102
1. Ruck, G. T., D. E. Barrick, W. D. Stuart, and C. K. Krichbaum, Radar Cross Section Handbook, Plenum Press, New York, 1970.
2. Bussey, H. B. and J. H. Richmond, "Scattering by a lossy dielectric circular cylindrical multilayers: Numerical values," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 23, 723-725, 1975. doi:10.1109/TAP.1975.1141146
3. Kishk, A. A., R. P. Parrikar, and A. Z. Elsherbeni, "Electromagnetic scattering from an eccentric multilayered circular cylinder ," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 40, 295-303, 1992. doi:10.1109/8.135472
4. Stratigaki, L. G., M. P. Ioannidou, and D. P. Chrissoulidis, "Scattering from a dielectric cylinder with multiple eccentric cylindrical dielectric inclusions," IEEE Proc. Microw. Antannas Propag., Vol. 143, No. 6, 505-511, 1996.
5. Yasumoto, K., Electromagnetic Theory and Applications for Photonic Crystals, Chapter 1, Taylor and Francis Group, 2006.
7. Fikioris, G., "On two types of convergence in the method of auxiliary sources," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 54, No. 7, July 2006.
8. Anastassiu, H., "Error estimation of the method of auxiliary sources (MAS) for scattering from an impedance circular cylinder," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 52, 109-128, 2005. doi:10.2528/PIER04072101
9. Kaklamani, D. I., "Aspects of the method of auxiliary sources (MAS) in computational electromagnetic," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 44, No. 3, June 2002.
10. Hichem, N. and T. Aguili, "Analysis of scattering from a finite linear array of dielectric cylinders using the method of auxiliary sources," PIERS Proceeding, 743-746, Beijing, China, March 23--27, 2009.
11. Hichem, N. and T. Aguili, "Analysis of two-dimensional scattering by a periodic array of conducting cylinders using the method of auxiliary sources," PIERS Online, Vol. 4, No. 5, 521-525, 2008. doi:10.2529/PIERS071219122321
12. Hichem, N. and T. Aguili, "Modeling the electromagnetic scattering from a dielectrically filled groove using the method of auxiliary sources," PIERS Proceeding, 858-860, Beijing, China, March 23--27, 2009.
13. Hichem, N. and T. Aguili, "Scatering by multilayered structures using the extended method of auxiliary sources," Progress In Electromagnetic Research B, Vol. 15, 133-150, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIERB09042307
14. Senior, T. B. A. and J. L. Volakis, Approximate Boundary Conditions in Electromagnetics, Institution of Engineering and Technology, March 1, 1995.
15. Li, C. and Z. Shen, "Electromagnetic scattering by a conducting cylinder coated with metamaterials," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 42, 91-105, 2003. doi:10.2528/PIER03012901
16. Toyama, H., K. Yasumoto, and T. Iwasaki, "Electromagnetic scattering from a dielectric cylinder with multiple eccentric cylindrical inclusions," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 40, 113-129, 2003. doi:10.2528/PIER02062102
17. Harrington, R. F., Time Harmonic Electromagnetic Fields, 2nd edition, 130, 202, 232, Wiley Interscience, August 30, 2001.
18. Elsherbeni, A. Z. and A. A. Kishk, "Modeling of cylindrical objects by circular dielectric and conducting cylinders," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 40, No. 1, January 1992. doi:10.1109/8.123363
19. Anastassiu, H. T. and D. I. Kaklamani, "Electromagnetic scattering analysis of coated conductors with edges using the method of auxiliary sources (MAS) in conjunction with the standard impedance boundary condition (SIBC)," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 50, No. 1, January 2002. doi:10.1109/8.992562
20. Avdikos, G. K. and H. T. Anastassiu, "Computational cost estimations for three methods of applied electromagnetics (MoM, MAS, MMAS)," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 47, No. 1, February 2002.