This paper describes an original approach for determining independent loops needed for mesh-current analysis in order to solve circuit equation system arising in inductive Partial Element Equivalent Circuit (PEEC) approach. Based on the combined used of several simple algorithms, it considerably speed-up the loops search and enables the building of an associated matrix system with an improved condition number. The approach is so well-suited for large degrees of freedom problems, saving significantly memory and decreasing the time of resolution.
"An Independent Loops Search Algorithm for Solving Inductive Peec Large Problems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M,
Vol. 23, 53-63, 2012. doi:10.2528/PIERM11111503
1. Ruehli, A. E., "Equivalent circuit models for three dimensional multiconductor systems," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., Vol. 22, No. 3, 216-221, Mar. 1974. doi:10.1109/TMTT.1974.1128204
2. Ardon, V., J. Aime, O. Chadebec, E. Clavel, J.-M. Guichon, and E. Vialardi, "EMC modeling of an industrial variable speed drive with an adapted PEEC method," IEEE Trans. Mag., Vol. 46, No. 8, 2892-2898, 2010. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2010.2043420
3. Kamon, M. and J. R. Philips, "Preconditioning techniques for constrained vector potential integral equations, with application to 3-D magnetoquasistatic analysis of electronic packages," Proceedings of the Colorado Conference on Iterative Methods, Apr. 1994.
4. Pillage, L. T., et al. Electronic Circuit and System Simulation Methods, 371-381, McGraw-Hill Inc., 1995.
5. Rong, A., A. C. Cangellaris, and L. Dong, "A novel graph partitioning technique for enhancing the computational effciency of the loop-tree generalized PEEC modeling of 3D interconnects," IEEE 14th Topical Meeting on Elect. Performance of Electron. Packaging, 253-256, 2005. doi:10.1109/EPEP.2005.1563751
6. Antonini, G., D. Frigioni, and G. Miscione, "Hybrid formulation of the equation systems of the 3-D PEEC model based on graph algorithms," IEEE Trans. Circuits and Syst. - I: Reg. Papers, Vol. 57, No. 1, Jan. 2010.
7. Nguyen, T.-S., J.-M. Guichon, O. Chadebec, P. Labie, and J.- L. Coulomb, "Ships magnetic anomaly computation with integral equation and fast multipole method," IEEE Trans. Mag., Vol. 47, No. 5, 1414-1417, 2011. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2010.2091626
8. Nguyen, T.-S., J.-M. Guichon, O. Chadebec, G. Meunier, and T. Le-Duc, "Inner-outer preconditioning strategy for 3D inductance extraction coupling with fast multipole method," Proceedings of International Conference on Computation in Electromagnetics, Apr. 2011.