This paper presents an electronically tunable dual-band filtering power divider (TDFPD) with tuning diodes sharing technique. Two dual-mode tunable resonators (DMTRs) are embedded into a conventional power divider to achieve dual-band tunable bandpass filtering response. The two bands of the proposed TDFPD can be tuned independently. Tuning diodes sharing technique is utilized to reduce the number of tunable diodes. A prototype has been designed and fabricated to validate the proposed design as shown by the good agreement between the measured and simulated results. The measurement shows that the center frequencies of the lower and upper bands can be independently tuned from 1.31 to 1.62 GHz and 2.92 to 3.30 GHz, respectively. Within the passbands, isolation between the two output ports is higher than 16 dB with small phase and magnitude imbalance.
"An Electronically Tunable Dual-Band Filtering Power Divider with Tuning Diodes Sharing Technique," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M,
Vol. 65, 187-195, 2018. doi:10.2528/PIERM18010937
1. Schuster, C., A. Wiens, F. Schmidt, M. Nickel, M. Schubler, R. Jakoby, and H. Maune, "Performance analysis of reconfigurable bandpass filters with continuously tunable center frequency and bandwidth," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 65, No. 11, 4572-4583, Nov. 2017. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2017.2742479
2. Leggieri, A., D. Passi, D. Gagliesi, and F. D. Paolo, "Analysis and design of a gaas monolithic tunable polyphase filter in s/c bands," J. Microw. Optoelectron. Electromagn. Appl., Vol. 14, No. 1, 14-27, Jun. 2015. doi:10.1590/2179-10742015v14i1423
3. Gómez-García, R., D. Psychogiou, and D. Peroulis, "Fully-tunable filtering power dividers exploiting dynamic transmission-zero allocation," IET Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 11, No. 3, 378-385, Feb. 2017. doi:10.1049/iet-map.2016.0358
4. Feng, W., Y. Shang, W. Che, R. Gomez-Garcia, and Q. Xue, "Multifunctional reconfigurable filter using transversal signal-interaction concepts," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 27, No. 11, 980-982, Nov. 2017. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2017.2750022
5. Zhao, X., K. Song, Y. Zhu, and Y. Fan, "Wideband four-way filtering power divider with isolation performance using three parallel-coupled lines," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 27, No. 9, 800-802, Sep. 2017. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2017.2735240
6. Chen, F. J., L. S. Wu, L. F. Qiu, and J. F. Mao, "A four-way microstrip filtering power divider with frequency-dependent couplings," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 63, No. 10, 3494-3504, Oct. 2015. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2015.2457426
7. Gao, L., X. Y. Zhang, and Q. Xue, "Compact tunable filtering power divider with constant absolute bandwidth," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 63, No. 10, 3505-3513, Oct. 2015. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2015.2454731
8. Chi, P. L. and T. Yang, "A 1.3-2.08 GHz filtering power divider with bandwidth control and high in-band isolation," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 26, No. 6, 407-409, Jun. 2016. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2016.2561620
10. Lee, B., B. Koh, S. Nam, T. H. Lee, and J. Lee, "Frequency-tunable filtering power divider with new topology," IEEE Trans. Compon. Packag. Manuf. Technol., Vol. 7, No. 7, 1151-1162, Jul. 2017. doi:10.1109/TCPMT.2017.2708723
11. Wong, K. W., R. R. Mansour, and G. Weale, "Reconfigurable bandstop and bandpass filters with wideband balun using IPD technology for frequency agile applications," IEEE Trans. Compon. Packag. Manuf. Technol., Vol. 7, No. 4, 610-620, Apr. 2017. doi:10.1109/TCPMT.2017.2667580
12. Zhu, C., J. Xu, W. Kang, and W. Wu, "Microstrip switchable filtering power divider with three operating modes," Electron. Lett., Vol. 52, No. 25, 2046-2048, Dec. 2016. doi:10.1049/el.2016.3170
13. Lu, Y., G. Dai, Y. Wang, T. Liu, and J. Huang, "Dual-band filtering power divider with capacitor-loaded centrally coupled-line resonators," IET Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 11, No. 1, 36-41, Jan. 2017. doi:10.1049/iet-map.2016.0217
14. Psychogiou, D., R. Gómez-García, and D. Peroulis, "Fully adaptive multiband bandstop filtering sections and their application to multifunctional components," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 64, No. 12, 4405-4418, Dec. 2016. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2016.2618396
15. Psychogiou, D., R. Gómez-García, A. C. Guyette, and D. Peroulis, "Reconfigurable single/multiband filtering power divider based on quasi-bandpass sections," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 26, No. 9, 684-686, Dec. 2016. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2016.2597264
16. Pozar, D. M., Microwave Engineering, 4th Ed., John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2009.
17. Moura, L. and I. Darwazeh, Introduction to Linear Circuit Analysis and Modelling: From DC to RF, 1st Ed., Elsevier, London, UK, 2005.