This paper presents single and dual notch ultra-wideband bandpass filters (UWB BPFs) to mitigate interference with coexisting wireless communication systems in ultra-wideband (UWB). The single and dual notch UWB BPF is developed by using signal interaction concept loaded with stub loaded resonator. The stub loaded resonator creates notches in the passband to avoid the interference with coexisting wireless communication systems. The notch frequency can be placed at the points of interest within passband by selecting a proper length of stub loaded resonator. Transmission zeros are introduced to enhance the selectivity of stopband. It presents UWB BPF with single notch at the frequency of 6.5 GHz and dual notch at the frequencies of 6.3 GHz and 8.0 GHz. The circuit size of proposed filters is 6 mm x 6 mm and 6 mm x 6 mm. The proposed filters exhibit good performance in terms of compact size, good fractional bandwidth and sharp selectivity. All the filters are simulated and fabricated on a Rogers R03010 substrate with relative permittivity of 10.2 and thickness of 1.28 mm. There is good agreement between simulated and measured results.
"Design and Analysis of Compact Single and Dual Notch Ultra Wideband Bandpass Filter," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M,
Vol. 75, 91-102, 2018. doi:10.2528/PIERM18080705
1. Mahttei, G., L. Young, and E. M. T. Jones, Microwave Filters, Impedance Matching Networks and Coupling Structure, Artech House, Norwood, MA, 1980.
2. Federal Communications Commission, "Revision of part 15 of the commission’s rules regarding ultra-wideband transmission systems,", Tech. Rep., ET-Docket 98153, FCC02-48, Apr. 2002.
3. Zhu, L., S. Sun, and W. Menzel, "Ultra-wideband (UWB) bandpass filters using multiple-mode resonator," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 15, No. 11, 796-798, Nov. 2005.
4. Feng, W., W. Che, and Q. Xue, "Compact ultra-wideband bandpass filters with narrow notched bands based on a ring resonator," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 7, No. 12, 961-969, Sept. 17, 2013. doi:10.1049/iet-map.2013.0061
5. Sarkar, P., R. Ghatak, M. Pal, and D. R. Poddar, "High-selective compact UWB bandpass filter with dual notch bands," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 24, No. 7, 448-450, Jul. 2014. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2014.2316214
6. Deng, H. W., Y. Zhao, Y. He, S. L. Jia, and M. Wang, "Compact dual-notched balanced UWB BPF with folded triple-mode slotline resonator," Electronics Letters, Vol. 50, No. 6, 447-449, Mar. 13, 2014. doi:10.1049/el.2013.4263
7. Lee, C. H., C. I. G. Hsu, and C. J. Chen, "Band-notched balanced UWB BPF with stepped-impedance slotline multi-mode resonator," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 22, No. 4, 182-184, Apr. 2012. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2012.2188019
8. Mirzaee, M. and B. S. Virdee, "UWB bandpass filter with notch-band based on transversal signal-interaction concepts," Electronics Letters, Vol. 49, No. 6, 399-401, Mar. 14, 2013. doi:10.1049/el.2012.4203
9. Hong, J. S. and M. J. Lancaster, Microwave Filters for RF/Microwave Applications, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 2001. doi:10.1002/0471221619
10. Sarkar, P., B. V. Koti Reddy, M. Pal, and R. Ghatak, "UWB bandpass filter with broad notch band and ultra-wide upper stopband," IEEE MTT-S International Microwave and RF Conference, 1-3, New Delhi, 2013.
11. Pirani, S., J. Nourinia, and C. Ghobadi, "Band-notched UWB BPF design using parasitic coupled line," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 20, No. 8, 444-446, Aug. 2010. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2010.2049830
12. Xu, W., W. Kang, and C. Miao, "Compact UWB bandpass filter with a notched band using radial stub loaded resonator," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 22, No. 7, 351-353, Jul. 2012. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2012.2201930
13. Xu, J., W. Kang, C. Miao, and W. Wu, "Sharp rejection UWB bandpass filter with notched band," Electronics Letters, Vol. 48, No. 16, 1005-1006, Aug. 2, 2012. doi:10.1049/el.2012.0610
14. Li, J., C. Ding, F. Wei, and X. Wei Shi, "Compact UWB BPF with notch band based on SW-HMSIW," Electronics Letters, Vol. 51, No. 17, 1338-1339, Aug. 20, 2015. doi:10.1049/el.2015.0449
15. Song, Y., G. M. Yang, and W. Geyi, "Compact UWB bandpass filter with dual notched bands using defected ground structures," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 24, No. 4, 230-232, Apr. 2014. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2013.2296291
16. Luo, X., J. G. Ma, K. S. Yeo, and E. P. Li, "Compact ultra-wideband (UWB) bandpass filter with ultra-narrow dual- and quad-notched bands," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 59, No. 6, 1509-1519, Jun. 2011. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2011.2116800
17. Sarkar, P., R. Ghatak, M. Pal, and D. R. Poddar, "Compact UWB bandpass filter with dual notch bands using open circuited stubs," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 22, No. 9, 453-455, Sep. 2012. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2012.2210395
18. Zhao, J., J. Wang, G. Zhang, and J. L. Li, "Compact microstrip UWB bandpass filter with dual notched bands using E-shaped resonator," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 23, No. 12, 638-640, Dec. 2013. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2013.2283873