A new coplanar waveguide (CPW) fed ultra-wideband (UWB) antenna with band notched characteristic is proposed in this paper. In order to achieve sharp and controllable notch-band characteristic, one pair of half-wave-length stubs and slits is introduced inside the tapered slot and circular patch, respectively, on the basis of a UWB antenna. Simulated and measured results show that the antenna has a reflection coefficient (S11) less than -10 dB in the range of 3.0 to 11 GHz, which can meet the requirements of a UWB communication system. It shows a good notch characteristic in 5.0~5.8 GHz, which can covers the operating band of wireless local area network (WLAN) well. The antenna has a stable gain and good radiation characteristics in the pass band. It is simple in structure and easy in fabrication. Moreover, it has broad application prospects.
"A New UWB Antenna with Band-Notched Characteristic," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M,
Vol. 74, 201-209, 2018. doi:10.2528/PIERM18081002
1. Liu, X.-L., Y.-Z. Yin, P.-G. Liu, J.-H. Wang, and B. Xu, "A CPW-fed dual-notched UWB antenna with a pair of bended dual-shape parasitic branches," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 136, 623-634, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIER12122507
2. Zaker, R., Ch. Ghobadi, and J. Nourinia, "A modified microstrip-fed two-step tapered monopole antenna for UWB and WLAN applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 77, 137-148, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07080701
3. Zhang, G.-M., J.-S. Hong, and B.-Z. Wang, "Two novel band-notched UWB slot antennas fed by microstrip line," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 78, 209-218, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER07091201
4. Zhu, F., S. Gao, A. T.-S. Ho, C.-H. See, R.-A. Abd-Alhameed, J. Li, and J. Xu, "Design and analysis of planar ultra-wideband antenna with dual band-notched function," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 127, 523-536, 2012. doi:10.2528/PIER12033105
5. Valagiannopoulos, C.-A., "High selectivity and controllability of a parallel-plate component with a filled rectangular ridge," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 136, 497-511, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIER11062603
6. Chang, T.-N. and J.-H. Jiang, "Enhance gain and bandwidth of circularly polarized microstrip patch antenna using gap-coupled method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 96, 127-139, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09081010
7. Fikioris, G. and C.-A. Valagiannopoulos, "Input admittances arising from explicit solutions to integral equations for infinite-length dipole antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 55, 285-306, 2005. doi:10.2528/PIER05031701
8. Alkanhal, M. A.-S., "Composite compact triple-band microstrip antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 93, 221-236, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09050407
9. Valagiannopoulos, M. A.-S., "On examining the influence of a thin dielectric strip posed across the diameter of a penetrable radiating cylinder," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 3, 203-214, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERC08042906
10. Wu, Z.-H., F. Wei, X.-W. Shi, and W.-T. Li, "A compact quad band-notched UWB monopole antenna loaded one lateral L-shaped slot," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 139, 303-315, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIER13022714
11. Li, C.-M. and L.-H. Ye, "Improved dual band-notched UWB slot antenna with controllable notched bandwidths," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 115, 477-493, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIER11030304
12. Shi, R.-H., X. Xu, and J. Dong, "Design and study of a dual band-notched UWB antenna," Journal of Electronics & Information Technology, Vol. 36, 482-487, 2015.
13. Kelly, J.-R., P.-S. Hall, and P. Gardner, "Band-notched UWB antenna incorporating a microstrip open-loop resonator," IEEE Transactions Antennas propagation letters, Vol. 59, 3045-3048, 2011. doi:10.1109/TAP.2011.2152326
14. Jiang, W. and W.-Q. Che, "A novel UWB antenna with dual notched bands for WIMAX and WLAN applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 293-296, 2012. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2012.2190490
16. Azim, R. and M. -T. Islam, "Compact planar UWB antenna with band notched characteristics for WLAN and Dsrc," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 133, 391-406, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIER12090601
17. Li, W.-M., T. Ni, T. Quan, and Y.-C. Jiao, "A compact CPWfed UWB antenna with band notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 26, 79-85, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIERL11080202
18. Lin, Y.-F., J.-G. Wang, and H.-Z. Zhao, "A new band-notched antenna," Piezoelectrics & Acoustooptics, Vol. 37, 477-480, 2015.
19. Chen, D. and C.-H. Cheng, "A novel compact ultra-wideband wide slot antenna with via holes," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 94, 343-349, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09062306
20. Lin, Y.-C. and K.-J. Hung, "Compact uitrawideband rectangular aperture antenna and bandnotched designs," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 54, 3075-3081, 2006. doi:10.1109/TAP.2006.883982
22. Zhang, Y.-P. and C.-M. Li, "Design of small band-notched UWB slot antenna," Electronics Letters, Vol. 51, 1727-1728, 2015. doi:10.1049/el.2015.1321
23. Zheng, Z.-A., Q.-X. Chu, and Z.-H. Tu, "Compact band-rejected ultra- wideband slot antennas inserting with λ/2 and λ/4 resonators," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 59, 390-397, 2011. doi:10.1109/TAP.2010.2096399
24. Jiang, W. and W.-Q. Che, "A novel UWB antenna with dual notched bands for WIMAX and WLAN applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 293-296, 2012. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2012.2190490
25. Chu, Q.-X. and Y.-Y. Yang, "A small plane UWB band-notched antenna," Journal of South China University of Technology, Vol. 36, 77-81, 2008.
26. Cao, X.-Y., J.-L. Zhang, and H.-Z. Yang, "New small size ulrta-wideband antenna having two frequency bands notch function," Chinese Journal of Radio Science, Vol. 29, 548-551, 2014.