A broadband circularly polarized antenna array is proposed in this paper. The array consists of four sequentially rotated feed groove-backed strip antennas. Compact size (46 mm × 46 mm × 1.6 mm), wide impedance bandwidth (4.62-9.92 GHz), and wide 3 dB axial ratio bandwidth (4.48-8.52 GHz) can be observed. The measured peak gain is 7.5 dBi at 8.2 GHz, and good agreement between the simulated and measured results can be achieved.
1. Lai, H. W., K. M. Mak, and K. F. Chan, "Novel aperture-coupled microstrip-line feed for circularly polarized patch antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 144, 1-9, 2014. doi:10.2528/PIER13101803
2. Kumar, C., M. I. Pasha, and D. Guha, "Defected ground structure integrated microstrip array antenna for improved radiation properties," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 16, 310-312, 2017. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2016.2574638
3. Zhou, W., J. Liu, and Y. Long, "A broadband and high-gain planar complementary Yagi array antenna with circular polarization," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 65, No. 3, 1446-1451, March 2017. doi:10.1109/TAP.2016.2647688
4. Ta, S. X. and I. Park, "Compact wideband circularly polarized patch antenna array using metasurface," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 16, 1932-1936, 2017. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2017.2689161
5. Rafii, V., J. Nourinia, C. Ghobadi, J. Pourahmadazar, and B. S. Virdee, "Broadband circularly polarized slot antenna array using sequentially rotated technique for C-band applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 12, 128-131, 2013. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2013.2237744
6. Chen, X., L. Yang, J. Zhao, and G. Fu, "High-efficiency compact circularly polarized microstrip antenna with wide beamwidth for airborne communication," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, 1518-1521, 2016. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2016.2517068
7. Fu, S., S. Fang, Z. Wang, and X. Li, "Broadband circularly polarized slot antenna array fed by asymmetric CPW for L-band applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 8, 1014-1016, 2009.
8. Feng, C. and F. Zhang, "A low-cost broadband circularly polarized antenna with integrated feeding network," 2018 IEEE MTT-S International Wireless Symposium (IWS), 1-4, Chengdu, 2018.
9. Nourinia, J., C. Ghobadi, and M. Majidzadeh, "Targeting wideband circular polarization: An efficient 2 × 2 sequentially-phase-fed rotated array antenna," Radioengineering, Vol. 27, 79-84, 2018.
10. Ta, S. X. and I. Park, "Metasurface-based circularly polarized patch array antenna using sequential phase feed," 2017 International Workshop on Antenna Technology: Small Antennas, Innovative Structures, and Applications (iWAT), 24-25, Athens, 2017. doi:10.1109/IWAT.2017.7915287
11. Ding, K., C. Gao, T. Yu, D. Qu, and B. Zhang, "Gain-improved broadband circularly polarized antenna array with parasitic patches," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 16, 1468-1471, 2017. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2016.2646400
12. Bisharat, D. J., S. Liao, and Q. Xue, "Wideband unidirectional circularly polarized antenna with L-shaped radiator structure," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 16, 12-15, 2017. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2016.2552228