A broadband circularly polarized antenna array is proposed in this paper. The array consists of four sequentially rotated feed groove-backed strip antennas. Compact size (46 mm × 46 mm × 1.6 mm), wide impedance bandwidth (4.62-9.92 GHz), and wide 3 dB axial ratio bandwidth (4.48-8.52 GHz) can be observed. The measured peak gain is 7.5 dBi at 8.2 GHz, and good agreement between the simulated and measured results can be achieved.
"Design of a Broadband Circularly Polarized Antenna Array," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M,
Vol. 82, 195-203, 2019. doi:10.2528/PIERM19041405
1. Lai, H. W., K. M. Mak, and K. F. Chan, "Novel aperture-coupled microstrip-line feed for circularly polarized patch antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 144, 1-9, 2014. doi:10.2528/PIER13101803
2. Kumar, C., M. I. Pasha, and D. Guha, "Defected ground structure integrated microstrip array antenna for improved radiation properties," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 16, 310-312, 2017. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2016.2574638
3. Zhou, W., J. Liu, and Y. Long, "A broadband and high-gain planar complementary Yagi array antenna with circular polarization," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 65, No. 3, 1446-1451, March 2017. doi:10.1109/TAP.2016.2647688
4. Ta, S. X. and I. Park, "Compact wideband circularly polarized patch antenna array using metasurface," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 16, 1932-1936, 2017. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2017.2689161
5. Rafii, V., J. Nourinia, C. Ghobadi, J. Pourahmadazar, and B. S. Virdee, "Broadband circularly polarized slot antenna array using sequentially rotated technique for C-band applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 12, 128-131, 2013. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2013.2237744
6. Chen, X., L. Yang, J. Zhao, and G. Fu, "High-efficiency compact circularly polarized microstrip antenna with wide beamwidth for airborne communication," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, 1518-1521, 2016. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2016.2517068
7. Fu, S., S. Fang, Z. Wang, and X. Li, "Broadband circularly polarized slot antenna array fed by asymmetric CPW for L-band applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 8, 1014-1016, 2009.
8. Feng, C. and F. Zhang, "A low-cost broadband circularly polarized antenna with integrated feeding network," 2018 IEEE MTT-S International Wireless Symposium (IWS), 1-4, Chengdu, 2018.
9. Nourinia, J., C. Ghobadi, and M. Majidzadeh, "Targeting wideband circular polarization: An efficient 2 × 2 sequentially-phase-fed rotated array antenna," Radioengineering, Vol. 27, 79-84, 2018.
10. Ta, S. X. and I. Park, "Metasurface-based circularly polarized patch array antenna using sequential phase feed," 2017 International Workshop on Antenna Technology: Small Antennas, Innovative Structures, and Applications (iWAT), 24-25, Athens, 2017. doi:10.1109/IWAT.2017.7915287
11. Ding, K., C. Gao, T. Yu, D. Qu, and B. Zhang, "Gain-improved broadband circularly polarized antenna array with parasitic patches," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 16, 1468-1471, 2017. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2016.2646400
12. Bisharat, D. J., S. Liao, and Q. Xue, "Wideband unidirectional circularly polarized antenna with L-shaped radiator structure," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 16, 12-15, 2017. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2016.2552228