A novel beveled triple band rejection UWB monopole radiator is presented. The reference UWB antenna incorporate a beveled radiator and partial ground structure for achieving UWB bandwidth from 2.73 to 11.05 GHz. For rejecting 3.78-4.36, 5.15-5.45, and 7.2-7.9 GHz for C, lower WLAN, and X-band applications, the reference UWB element is freighted with an inverted U-shaped slot etched into a radiating patch. A symmetrical split ring resonator pair (SSRRP) is proximate to microstrip feed, and a C-shaped parasitic stub is embedded on top of defected ground plane. The antenna is designed on an FR-4 substrate with 30 × 32.5 mm2 size, having a realized average gain of 3.72 dBi and is nearly stable across the entire UWB excluding at three rejected bands.
Venkata Naga Koteswara Rao Devana,
Avula Maheswara Rao,
"Design and Parametric Analysis of Beveled UWB Triple Band Rejection Antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M,
Vol. 84, 95-106, 2019. doi:10.2528/PIERM19071301
1. Report, "Revision of part 15 of the commission's rules regarding ultra-wideband transmission systems,", Federal Communications Commission, Washington, 2002. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2012.2234718
2. Li, T., H. Zhai, L. Li, C. Liang, and Y. Han, "Compact UWB antenna with tunable band-notched characteristic based on microstrip open-loop resonator," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 1584-1587, 2012. doi:10.1002/mop.31535
3. Hammache, B., A. Messai, I. Messaoudene, and T. A. Denidni, "A compact ultrawideband antenna with three C-shaped slots for notched band characteristics," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 61, 275-279, 2019. doi:10.1002/mop.26862
4. Emadian, S. R., C. Ghobadi, and J. Nourinia, "A novel compact dual band-notched slot antenna for ultrawideband applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 54, No. 6, 1365-1368, 2012. doi:10.2528/PIERC14061206
5. Jacob, S., A. O. Lindo, C. M. Nijas, C. K. Aanandan, and P. Mohanan, "Analysis of CPW-fed UWB antenna for WiMAX and WLAN band rejection," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 52, 83-92, 2014. doi:10.1002/mop.30787
6. Arshed, T. and F. A. Tahir, "A miniaturized triple band-notched UWB antenna," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 59, 2581-2586, 2017. doi:10.1109/TAP.2008.928815
7. Zhang, Y., W. Hong, C. Yu, Z.-Q. Kuai, Y.-D. Don, and J.-Y. Zhou, "Planar ultrawideband antennas with multiple notched bands based on etched slots on the patch and/or split ring resonators on the feed line," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, 3063-3068, 2008. doi:10.1002/mop.30511
8. Saha, C., P. Natani, L. A. Shaik, J. Y. Siddiqui, and Y. M. M. Antar, "Square/Hexagonal split ring resonator loaded exponentially tapered slot ultra wideband (UWB) antenna with frequency notch characteristics," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 59, 1241-1245, 2017. doi:10.1002/mop.30386
9. Boopathi Rani, R. and S. K. Pandey, "A CPW-fed circular patch antenna inspired by reduced ground plane and CSRR slot for UWB applications with notch band," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 59, 745-749, 2017. doi:10.2528/PIERC16052304
10. Jaglan, N., B. K. Kanaujia, S. D. Gupta, and S. Srivastava, "Triple band notched UWB antenna design using electromagnetic band gap structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 66, 139-147, 2016.
11. Hussain, N., M. Jeong, J. Park, S. Rhee, P. Kim, and N. Kim, "A compact size 2.9-23.5 GHz microstrip patch antenna with WLAN band-rejection," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, 1-7, 2019.
12. Bong, H.-U., N. Hussain, S.-Y. Rhee, S.-K. Gil, and N. Kim, "Design of an UWB antenna with two slits for 5G/WLAN-notched bands," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, 1-6, 2019.
13. Tang, Z.-J., J. Zhan, Z.-F. Xi, S.-G. Wu, and M. Li, "A compact triple band-notched UWB printed antenna with multistep patches integrated by multitype slots," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 59, 1-6, 2019. doi:10.1016/j.aeue.2017.08.043
14. Shankar Mewara, H., D. Jhanwar, M. Mohan Sharma, and J. Kumar Deegwal, "A printed monopole ellipzoidal UWB antenna with four band rejection characteristics," AEU-International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 83, 222-232, 2018. doi:10.1002/mop.29117
15. Islam, Md. M., M. T. Islam, Md. Samsuzzaman, and M. R. I. Faruque, "Five band-notched ultrawide band (UWB) antenna loaded with C-shaped slots," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 57, No. 6, 1470-1475, 2015. doi:10.3390/s19102262
16. Panduro, M. A., A. Reyna, and D. H. Covarrubias, "Non-uniform concentric rings design for ultrawideband arrays," Sensors, Vol. 19, 2262, 2019, doi:10.3390/s19102262.
17. Garza, L. A., M. A. Panduro, D. H. Covarrubias, and A. Reyna, "Multiobjective synthesis of steerable UWB circular antenna array considering energy patterns," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 2015, Article ID 789094, 9 pages, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2015/789094. doi:10.1002/mmce.21673
18. Biswal, S. P. and S. Das, "A compact printed ultra-wideband multiple-input multiple-output prototype with band-notch ability for WiMAX, LTEband43, and WLAN systems," International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, e21673, 2019. doi:10.1016/j.aeue.2017.06.003
19. Yadav, A., S. Agrawal, and R. P. Yadav, "SRR and S-shape slot loaded triple band notched UWB antenna," AEU-International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 79, 192-198, 2017.
20. Doddipalli, S. and A. Kothari, "Compact UWB antenna with integrated triple notch bands for WBAN applications," IEEE Access, 1-1, 2018, doi:10.1109/access.2018.2885248.
21. Huang, Y.-H., J.-L. Guo, L.-Y. Zhao, and Q.-Z. Liu, "Implement and investigation for a compact ultra-wideband antenna with triband notched characteristic," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 8-9, 1077-1084, 2009.
22. Shankar Mewara, H., J. Kumar Deegwal, and M. Mohan Sharma, "A slot resonators based quintuple band-notched Y-shaped planar monopole ultra-wideband antenna," AEU-International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 83, 470-478, 2017. doi:10.1155/2014/848062
23. Abdelhalim, C. and D. Farid, "A compact planar UWB antenna with triple controllable band-notched characteristics," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, 1-10, 2014. doi:10.1002/mop.31075
24. Kundu, S. and S. K. Jana, "Leaf-shaped CPW-fed UWB antenna with triple notch bands for ground penetrating radar applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 60, 930-936, 2018. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2014.2306812
25. Sarkar, D., K. V. Srivastava, and K. Saurav, "A compact microstrip-fed triple band-notched UWB monopole antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 13, 396-399, 2014.
26. Li, W. T., X. W. Shi, and Y. Q. Hei, "Novel planar UWB monopole antenna with triple band-notched characteristics," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 8, 1094-1099, 2009. doi:10.1002/mop.28922
27. Srivastava, S. D. and B. K. Kanaujia, "A compact triple band notch circular ring antenna for UWB applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 57, No. 3, 668-672, 2015. doi:10.2528/PIERL17050813
28. Elhabchi, M., M. N. Srif, and R. Touahni, "A tri-band-notched UWB planar monopole antenna using DGS and semi arc-shaped slot for WIMAX/WLAN/X-band rejection," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 70, 7-14, 2017.