In this paper 8000 rpm generators with the magnetic cores made of amorphous low-coercivity material and electrotechnical steel were designed. The sizes of the magnetic cores of generators were calculated analytically. Computer simulations of the generators under study were carried out to obtain a complete pattern of the magnetic field distribution in the magnetic cores and to estimate the generator losses. Experimental models of the generators were also made, which were studied at no load and with load. A special bench with a torque sensor was used for experimental studies.
1. Wang, Z., et al., "Development of a permanent magnet motor utilizing amorphous wound cores," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 46, No. 2, 570-573, Feb. 2010. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2009.2033350
2. Wang, Z., et al., "Development of an axial gap motor with amorphous metal cores," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 47, No. 3, 1293-1299, May/Jun. 2011. doi:10.1109/TIA.2011.2127430
3., , Patent DE 102012207508 A1 Stator fur eine elektrische Maschine und Verfahren zum Herstellen eines Stators fur eine elektrische Maschine/Manfred R¨uhrig, applicant Siemens Aktiengesellschaft.07.05.2012.
4. Ismagilov, F. R., V. E. Vavilov, D. V. Gusakov, and O. Jing, "High-speed generator with toothcoil winding, permanent magnets and new design of a stator magnetic core made from amorphous alloy," 2018 25th International Workshop on Electric Drives: Optimization in Control of Electric Drives, DOI: 10.1109/IWED.2018.8321395, 2018.
5. Ismagilov, F. R., I. K. Khayrullin, V. Y. Vavilov, V. I. Bekuzin, and V. V. Ayguzina, "Minimization of energy losses in ultra-high-speed electrical rotating machines," Elektrotehniski Vestnik/Electrotechnical Review, Vol. 84, No. 1–2, 56-60, 2017.
6. Ismagilov, F., V. Vavilov, V. Bekuzin, V. Ayguzina, and N. Uzhegov, "Multidisciplinary design of ultra-high speed electric machines," IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, DOI: 10.1109/TEC.2018.2803146, 2018.
7. Tang, R., W. Tong, and X. Han, "Overview on amorphous alloy electrical machines and their key technologies," Chinese Journal of Electrical Engineering, Vol. 2, No. 1, 1-12, DOI: 10.23919/CJEE.2016.7933111, Jun. 2016.