Rigorous electrodynamic analysis is proposed to estimate the surface current density on the perfectly conducting chiral elements in the diffraction problems. It is reduced to the solution of the integral singular equations. The diffraction of plane electromagnetic wave on the cylindrical open ring is considered as an example.
1. Prohorov, A. M., Encyclopedic Dictionary of Physics, Bol'shaja Rossijskaja Jenciklopedija, Moscow, 1995.
2. Vol'kenshtejn, M. V., Molecular Optics, Nauka, Moscow-Leningrad, 1951.
3. Lindell, I. V., A. H. Sihvola, S. A. Tretyakov, and A. J. Viitanen, Electromagnetic Waves in Chiral and Bi-isotropic Media, Artech House, London, 1994.
4. Laktakia, A., V. K. Varadan, and V. V. Varadan, Time-harmonic Electromagnetic Fields in Chiral Media. Lecture Notes in Physics, Springer-Verlag, Berlin-Heidelberg-Boston, 1989.
5. Neganov, V. A., "Chiral metastructures on basis of plain flat metallic open rings," Physics of Waves Propagation and Radio Systems, Vol. 11, No. 3, 104-119, 2008.
6. Neganov, V. A., E. I. Prjanikov, and D. P. Tabakov, "Di®raction plane H-polarization electromagnetic wave on perfectly conducting open ring," Physics of Waves Propagation and Radio Systems, Vol. 11, No. 1, 22-29, 2008.
7. Neganov, V. A., Physical Regularization of Ill-posed Problems of the Electrodynamics , Sajns-Press, Moscow, 2008.
8. Sazonov, D. M., Antennas and Microwave Devices, Vysshaja Shkola, Moscow, 1988.
9. Markov, G. T. and A. F. Chaplin, "Excitation of Electromagnetic Waves," Jenergija, Moscow-Leningrad, 1976.
10. Nikol'skij, V. V. and T. I. Nikol'skaja, "Electrodynamics and Propagation of the Waves," Nauka, Moscow, 1989.
11. Neganov, V. A., O. V. Osipov, S. B. Raevskij, and G. P. Jarovoj, "Electrodynamics and Propagation of the Waves," Radio i svjaz', Moscow, 2005.
12. Neganov, V. A. and A. A. Sarychev, "Calculation of field of plane electromagnetic wave reflected by perfectly conductive metal strip on dielectric cylinder," Physics of Waves Propagation and Radio Systems, Vol. 10, No. 1, 95-103, 2007.