In this paper, a new method for calculating transient electromagnetic responses of AC/DC power system with external electromagnetic pulse interference is proposed. An input-output model of three-phase bridge rectifier is presented for the transient calculation. In order to study the effect of the external electromagnetic pulse on the system, the field-to-line coupling model is introduced, and finite-difference time-domain method is adopted. Thus, the modeling method utilizes the analysis methods of the electric circuits and electromagnetic fields synthetically to deal with the coupled field-circuit problems. The model and algorithm are validated by comparing the calculation results with the experiment ones. Finally, the effects of some circuit parameters on transient responses are discussed. The method proposed in this paper lays the foundation for further researches on the transient electromagnetic performance of independent electrical power systems containing power electronics.
"A New Method for Calculating Transient Electromagnetic Responses of ac
/DC Power System with External Electromagnetic Pulse Interference," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M,
Vol. 13, 245-260, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIERM10061804
1. Taylor, C., R. Satterwhite, and C. Harrison, "The response of a terminated two-wire transmission line excited by a nonuniform electromagnetic field ," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 13, No. 6, 987-989, 1965. doi:10.1109/TAP.1965.1138574
2. Agrawal, A. K. and H. J. Price, "Transient response of multiconductor transmission lines excited by a nonuniform electromagnetic field," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 22, No. 2, 119-129, 1980. doi:10.1109/TEMC.1980.303824
3. Rachidi, F., "Formulation of the field-to-transmission line coupling equations in terms of magnetic excitation field," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 35, No. 3, 404-407, 1997. doi:10.1109/15.277316
4. Wang, Z.-Z., Y.-W. Li, B.-X. Lu, F. Zhang, and B. Yi, "Study on numerical method of transient electromagnetic field coupling to secondary cable in substations ," Proceedings of the CSEE, Vol. 28, No. 3, 107-111, 2008 (in Chinese).
5. Ren, H.-M., B.-H. Zhou, T.-B. Yu, and Z.Wang, "Coupling effects of LEMP on aerial multiconductor power lines," High Pow. Las. Particle Beams, Vol. 17, No. 10, 1539-1543, 2005 (in Chinese).
6. Xie, H., J. Wang, R. Fan, and Y. Liu, "Study of loss effect of transmission lines and validity of a SPICE model in electromagnetic topology," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 90, 89-103, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER08121605
7. Zhang, H., J.-H. Wang, and W.-Y. Liang, "Study on the applicability of extracted distributed circuit parameters of nonuniform transmission lines by equivalent circuit method," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 5-6, 839-848, 2008. doi:10.1163/156939308784159444
8. Tesche, F. M., M. V. Ianoz, and T. Karlsson, EMC Analysis Methods and Computational Models, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1996.
9. Huang, C.-C., "Analysis of multiconductor transmission lines with nonlinear terminations in frequency domain," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 19, No. 8, 1069-1083, 2005. doi:10.1163/156939305775526142
10. Tesche, F. M., "On the analysis of a transmission line with nonlinear terminations using the time-dependent BLT equation," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 49, No. 2, 427-433, 2007. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2007.897141
11. Xie, L. and Y.-Z. Lei, "Transient response of a multiconductor transmission line with nonlinear terminations excited by an electric dipole ," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 51, No. 3, 805-810, 2009. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2009.2023327
12. Xie, H., J. Wang, D. Sun, R. Fan, and Y. Liu, "Spice simulation and experimental study of transmission lines with TVSs excited by EMP," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 24, No. 2-3, 401-411, 2010. doi:10.1163/156939310790735543
13. Martinez, J. A. and F. Castro-Aranda, "Lightning performance analysis of overhead transmission lines using EMTP," IEEE Trans. Pow. Deliv., Vol. 20, No. 3, 2200-2210, 2005. doi:10.1109/TPWRD.2005.848454
14. Rahimian, M. S., S. H. H. Sadeghi, and R. Moini, "LEMP coupling with medium voltage overhead lines and its effects on low voltage networks with power electronic devices ," 3rd International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, 115-118, Beijing, 2002.
15. Dommel, H. W., EMTP Theory Book, China WaterPower Press, Beijing, 1991.
16. Paul, C. R., Analysis of Multiconductor Transmission Line, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1994.