In this paper, a hybrid method combining equivalence principle algorithm with physical optics is proposed to solve the radiation problem of antenna mounted on electrically large platform. It is based on domain decomposition method which is a scheme for multi-scale problems. Equivalence principle algorithm can simulate antenna accurately, and physical optics is an asymptotical method to obtain current distribution on the electrically large platform. Continuity of currents is considered when the conductor on the platform is decomposed into two parts by the equivalence surface. In addition, a preconditioning for the hybridization of equivalence principle algorithm and physical optics is discussed. Numerical results demonstrate the feasibility of the hybrid method.
Jun Ou Yang,
"Analysis of Multi-Scale Problem About Antenna Mounted on Electrically Large Platform by Using Connected Epa-PO," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,
Vol. 126, 169-183, 2012. doi:10.2528/PIER12011303
1. Wu, P., J. Pei, and G. Liang, "A novel super thin planar car antenna," IEEE International Conference on Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technology, 377-379, 2010. doi:10.1109/ICMMT.2010.5524972
2. Hsu, H.-T., F.-Y. Kuo, and H.-T. Chou, "Convergence study of current sampling profiles for antenna design in the presence of electrically large and complex platforms using fit-UTD hybridization approach ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 99, 195-209, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09092404
3. Byun, G., C. Seo, B. J. Jang, and H. Choo, "Design of aircraft on-glass antennas using a coupled feed structure," IEEE Trans. Antenn. Propag., No. 99, Jan. 2012.
4. Wang, X., M. Zhang, and S.-J. Wang, "Practicability analysis and application of PBG structure on cylindrical conformal microstrip antenna and array," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 115, 495-507, 2011.
5. Zhao, X. W., X. J. Dang, Y. Zhang, and C. H. Liang, "The multilevel fast multipole algorithm for EMC analysis of multiple antennas on electrically large platforms," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 69, 161-176, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER06121003
6. Xia, L., C.-F. Wang, L.-W. Li, P.-S. Kooi, and M.-S. Leong, "Resonant behaviours of microstrip antenna in multilayered media: An efficient full-wave analysis," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 31, 55-67, 2011.
7. Lim, C.-P., "Method of moments analysis of electrically large thin square and rectangular loop antennas: Near-and-far-zone field," Progress in Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 34, 117-141, 2001. doi:10.2528/PIER01042402
8. Trujillo-Romero, C. J., L. Leija, and A. Vera, "FEM modeling for performance evaluation of an electromagnetic oncology deep hyperthermia applicator when using monopole inverted T, and plate antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 120, 99-125, 2011.
9. Lei, J.-Z., C.-H. Liang, W. Ding, and Y. Zhang, "EMC analysis of antennas mounted on electrically large platforms with parallel FDTD method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 84, 205-220, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER08071303
10. Peng, Z., X.-C. Wang, and J.-F. Lee, "Integral equation based domain decomposition method for solving electromagnetic wave scattering from non-penetrable objects ," IEEE Trans. Antenn. Propag., Vol. 59, No. 9, Sep. 2011.
11. Peng, Z., X.-C. Wang, F.-R. Lei, and J.-F. Lee, "Integral equation based domain decomposition method for electromagnetic wave scattering problems," IEEE EMTS/URSI, 624-627, Aug. 2010.
12. Lu, Z.-Q., X. An, and W. Hong, "Substructure DDM with vector FEM for 3-D electromagnetic scattering problems," Microwave Conference Proceedings, Vol. 3, 3, 2005.
13. Liu, P. and Y.-Q. Jin, "The finite-element method with domain decomposition for electromagnetic bistatic scattering from the comprehensive model of a ship on and a target above a large-scale rough sea surface," IEEE Trans. Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 42, No. 5, May 2004. doi:10.1109/TGRS.2004.830066
14. Li, M.-K. and W. C. Chew, "Wave-field interaction with complex structures using equivalence principle algorithm," IEEE Trans. Antenn. Propag., Vol. 55, No. 1, 130-138, Jan. 2007. doi:10.1109/TAP.2006.888453
15. Sun, L.-E., M.-K. Li, and W. C. Chew, "Applying the low frequency technique to the equivalence principle algorithm," Antenna and Propagation Society International Symposium, 1-4, 2009.
16. Li, M.-K. and W. C. Chew, "A domain decomposition scheme based on equivalence theorem," Micro. Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 48, No. 9, 1853-1857, Sep. 2006. doi:10.1002/mop.21777
17. Shao, H., J. Hu, Z. Nie, G. Han, and S. He, "Hybrid tangential equivalence principle algorithm with MLFMA for analysis of array structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 113, 127-141, 2011.
18. Yla-Oijala, P. and M. Taskinen, "Solving electromagnetic scattering by large and complex structures with surface equivalence principle algorithm," Waves in Random and Complex Media, Vol. 19, No. 1, Feb. 2009. doi:10.1080/17455030802585365
19. Yla-Oijala, P. and M. Taskinen, "Solving electromagnetic scattering by multiple targets with surface equivalence principle algorithm," 3rd European Conference on Antenna and Propagation, 88-92, Mar. 2009.
20. Li, M.-K. and W. C. Chew, "Multiscale simulation of complex structures using equivalence principle algorithm with high-order field point sampling scheme," IEEE Trans. Antenn. Propag., Vol. 56, No. 8, 2389-2397, Aug. 2008. doi:10.1109/TAP.2008.926785
21. Li, M.-K. and W. C. Chew, "Using tap basis to implement the equivalence principle algorithm for domain decomposition in integral equations," Micro. Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 48, No. 11, 2218-2222, Nov. 2006. doi:10.1002/mop.21933
22. Zong, X. Z., Z. P. Nie, S. Yan, and S. Q. He, "Application of the PE-basis function in hybrid MOM-PO methods," IEEE Antenna and Propagation Society International Symposium, 1-4, 2008.
23. Zhao, X.-W., Y. Zhang, and H.-W. Zhang, "Parallel MOM-PO method with out-of-core technique for analysis of complex arrays on electrically large platforms ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 108, 1-21, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER10072108
24. Hu, B., X. Xu, M. He, and Y. Zheng, "More accurate hybrid PO-MOM analysis for an electrically large antenna-radome structure," Process In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 92, 255-265, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09022301
25. Jin, Z., K. Zhao, P. H. Pathak, J. Zou, and J.-F. Lee, "A hybrid FEM-DDM-PO method for electrically large objects," IEEE Antenna and Propagation Society International Symposium, 5909-5912, Dec. 2007.
26. Zhang, K. Z., J. Zhang, J. Ouyang, and F. Yang, "A novel hybrid method with equivalence principle algorithm and physical optics for antenna problem on electrically large platform," IEEE AP-S/URSI, 2530-2532, 2011.