In order to eliminate the negative influence of the rotational phase component (RPC) of target prominent scattering centres on the performance of Doppler centroid tracking (DCT) method, a coherent phase compensation method is proposed. The coherence of echo pulses sampled directly in intermediate frequency (IF) is firstly analyzed and proved. Based on the coherence property, the proposed approach improves the translational phase component (TPC) estimation accuracy of DCT. Compared to the modified Doppler centroid tracking (MDCT) algorithm, the proposed method achieves better phase compensation performance with simpler operations. Both the theoretical analysis and experimental results based on the real ISAR data prove the effectiveness and efficiency of the presented strategy.
1. Park, S. H., J. H. Lee, and K. T. Kim, "Performance analysis of the scenario-based construction method for real target ISAR recognition," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 128, 137-151, 2012.
2. Kaya, A. and M. Kartal, Point scatterer model for RCS prediction using ISAR measurements, Proceedings of 4th International Conference on Recent Advances in Space Technologies, 422-425, 2009.
3. Park, J. I. and K. T. Kim, "A comparative study on ISAR imaging algorithms for radar target identification," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 108, 155-175, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER10071901
4. Park, S.-H., M.-G. Joo, and K.-T. Kim, "Construction of ISAR training database for automatic target recognition," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 25, No. 11-12, 1493-1503, 2011. doi:10.1163/156939311797164909
5. Felguera-Martin, D., J.-T. Gonzalez-Partida, and M. Burgos-Garcia, "Interferometric ISAR imaging on maritime target applications: Simulation of realistic targets and dynamics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 132, 571-586, 2012.
6. Park, S.-H., J.-H. Lee, and K.-T. Kim, "Performance analysis of the scenario-based construction method for real target ISAR recognition," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 128, 137-151, 2012.
7. He, X. Y., X. B. Wang, X. Y. Zhou, B. Zhao, and T. J. Cui, "Fast ISAR image simulation of targets at arbitrary aspect angles using a novel SBR method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 28, 129-142, 2011.
8. Liu, C. L., X. Z. Gao, W. D. Jiang, and X. Li, "Interferometric ISAR three-dimensional imaging using one antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 21, 33-45, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIERM11070803
9. Peng, S. B., J. Xu, Y. N. Peng, and J. B. Xiang, "Parametric inverse synthetic aperture radar manoeuvring target motion compensation based on particle swarm optimiser ," IET Radar, Sonar and Navigation, Vol. 5, No. 3, 305-314, 2011. doi:10.1049/iet-rsn.2010.0175
10. Nel, W., E. Giusti, M. Martorella, and M. Y. Abdul Gaffar, A time domain phase-gradient based ISAR autofocus algorithm, Proceedings of 2011 IEEE CIE International Conference on Radar, 541-544, 2011.
11. Liu, J. H., X. Li, S. Xu, and Z. Zhuang, "ISAR imaging of non-uniform rotation targets with limited pulses via compressed sensing," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 41, 285-305, 2012.
12. Choi, G.-G., S.-H. Park, H.-T. Kim, and K.-T. Kim, "ISAR imaging of multiple targets based on particle swarm optimization and hough transform," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 14-15, 1825-1834, 2009. doi:10.1163/156939309789932322
13. Wehner, D. R., High-resolution Radar, 2nd Ed., Artech House, London, 1995.
14. Ye, C. M., J. Xu, Y. N. Peng, and X. T. Wang, "Performance analysis of Doppler centroid tracking for ISAR autofocusing," Acta Electronica Sinica, Vol. 37, No. 6, 1324-1328, 2009.
15. Zhu, Z. D., X. H. Qiu, and Z. S. She, "ISAR motion compensation using modified Doppler centroid tracking method," Acta Electronica Sinica, Vol. 25, No. 3, 65-69, 1997.
16. Lin, Q. Q., P. F. Tang, and Z. P. Chen, "Design and implementation of direct IF sampling and high-speed storage system for wideband radar ," Journal of Radars, Vol. 1, No. 3, 283-291, 2012. doi:10.3724/SP.J.1300.2012.20054
17. Krichene, H. A., M. J. Pekala, M. D. Sharp, K. C. Lauritzen, D. G. Lucarelli, and I. J. Wang, Compressive sensing and stretch processing, Proceedins of 2011 IEEE Radar Conference (RADAR), 362-367, 2011.
18. Yeh, L., K. T. Wong, and H. S. Mir, "Viable/inviable polynomial-phase modulations for `stretch processing'," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 48, No. 1, 923-926, 2012. doi:10.1109/TAES.2012.6129680
19. Prichett, M. J. and C. C. Chen, "Principle of inverse synthetic aperture radar (ISAR) imaging," IEEE Electronics and Aerospace Systems Conference, EASCON, 340-345, 1980.
20. Wahl, D. E., P. H. Eichel, D. C. Ghiglia, and C. V. Jakowatz, "Phase gradient autofocus --- A robust tool for high resolution SAR phase correction," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronics Systems, Vol. 30, No. 3, 827-834, 1994. doi:10.1109/7.303752
21. Van Rossum, W. L., M. P. G. Otten, and R. J. P. Vanbree., "Extended PGA for range migration algorithms," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 42, No. 2, 478-487, 2006. doi:10.1109/TAES.2006.1642565
22. Bao, Z., M. D. Xing, and T. Wang, Radar Imaging Approaches, Publishing House of Electronics Industry, Beijing, 2005.
23. Li, X., G. S. Liu, and J. L. Ni, "Auto-focusing of ISAR images based on entropy minimization," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 35, No. 4, 1240-1252, 1999. doi:10.1109/7.805442
24. Jeong, H. R., H. T. Kim, and K. T. Kim, "Application of subarray averaging and entropy minimization algorithm to stepped-frequency ISAR autofocus," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 56, No. 4, 1144-1154, 2008. doi:10.1109/TAP.2008.919208
25. Cao, P., M. D. Xing, G. C. Sun, Y. C. Li, and Z. Bao, "Minimum entropy via subspace for ISAR autofocus," IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, Vol. 7, No. 1, 205-209, 2010. doi:10.1109/LGRS.2009.2031658
26. Lin, J. Z., W. X. Li, Y. Zhang, and Z. P. Chen, "A method for range alignment based on coherent echoes by wideband radar," Proceedings of IEEE 3rd International Conference on Signal Processing Systems, 552-555, 2011.