A research of a quasi-optical Bessel-Gauss resonator (QOBGR) at millimeter (MM) and submillimeter (SubMM) wavebands is presented in this paper. The design is based on the quasi-optical theory and technique. The iterative Stratton-Chu formula (ISCF) algorithm is employed to analyze the output characteristics of the cavity, including the resonant modes, phases, power losses and phase shifts. Analysis of the results demonstrates that the present design of the QOBGR can support zero order or any high order mode of the pseudo Bessel-Gauss beam. At the output plane the intensity distributions of these modes are modulated by a Gauss-shaped envelope, and their phase patterns have an approximate block-like profile. Tolerance analysis for the designed QOBGR is also done. Lastly, a comparison of resonating modes is made between QOBR (quasi-optical Bessel resonator) and QOBGR when both are configured with the same geometric parameters.
5. Bagini, V., , F. Frezza, M. Santarsiero, G. Schettini, and G. Schirripa Spagnolo, "Generalized Bessel-Gauss beams," J. of Modern Optics, Vol. 43, No. 6, 1155-1166, 1996.
6. Wu, , F., , Y. Chen, and D. Guo, , "Nanosecond pulsed Bessel-Gauss beam generated directly from a Nd:YAG axicon-based resonator," Appl. Opt., Vol. 46, No. 22, 4943-4947, 2007. doi:10.1364/AO.46.004943
7. Elijah, , Y. S. Y. , J. R. S. Colin, and , "Tight focusing of radially polarized Gaussian and Bessel-Gauss beams," Opt. Lett., Vol. 32, No. 23, 3417-3419, 2007. doi:10.1364/OL.32.003417
8. Grunwald, , R., et al., "Ultrashort-pulsed truncated polychromatic Bessel-Gauss beams," Opt. Express,, Vol. 16, No. 2, 1089, 2008. doi:10.1364/OE.16.001077
9. Winnerl, , S., , B. Zimmermann, F. Peter, H. Schneider, and M. Helm, "Terahertz Bessel-Gauss beams of radial and azimuthal polarization from microstructured photoconductive antennas," Opt. Express, Vol. 17, No. 3, 1571-1576, 2009. doi:10.1364/OE.17.001571
10. Sabaeiana, , M. , H. Nadgarana, and , "Bessel-Gauss beams: Investigations of thermal e®ects on their generation," Optics Commun., Vol. 281, No. 4, 672-678, 2008. doi:10.1016/j.optcom.2007.10.028
11. Yu, , Y. Z. , W. B. Dou, and , "Generation of pseudo-Bessel beams at THz frequencies by use of binary axicons," Opt. Express, , Vol. 17, No. 2, 888-893, 2009.. doi:10.1364/OE.17.000888
13. Rogel-Salazar, , J., , G. H. C. New, and S. Chavez-Cerda, "Bessel-Gauss beam optical resonator," Opt. Commun., Vol. 190, No. 1--6, 117-122, 2001. doi:10.1016/S0030-4018(01)01075-6
14. Gutierrez-Vega, , J. C., , R. Rodriguez-Masegosa, and S. Chavez-Cerda, "Bessel-Gauss resonator with spherical output mirror: Geometrical and wave-optics analysis," J. Opt. Soc. Am. A, Vol. 20, No. 11, 2113-2122, 2003. doi:10.1364/JOSAA.20.002113
15. Ling, , D. X., , J. C. Li, and J. R. Chen, , "Analysis of eigenfelds in the axicon-based Bessel-Gauss resonator by the transfer-matrix method," J. Opt. Soc. Am. A, Vol. 23, No. 4, 912-918, , 2006. doi:10.1364/JOSAA.23.000912
16. Litvina, , I. A. , A. Forbes, and , "Bessel-Gauss resonator with internal amplitude filter," Opt. Commun., Vol. 281, No. 9, 2385-2392, 2008. doi:10.1016/j.optcom.2007.12.052
17. Yu, , Y. Z., , W. B. Dou, and , "Quasi-optical Bessel resonator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 93, 205-219, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09042902
18. Anatol, N. K., , E. G. Katranji, and A. A. Ryzhevich, , "Axicon-based Bessel resonator: Analytical description and experiment," J. Opt. Soc. Am. A, Vol. 18, No. 8, 1986-1992, 2001. doi:10.1364/JOSAA.18.001986
19. Mishra, M. and W. P. Hong, "Investigation on propagation characteristics of super-Gaussian beam in highly non-local medium," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, No. 31, 175-188, 2011.
20. Sun, , X. M., , H. H.Wang, and H. Y. Zhang, "Scattering of Gaussian beam by a spheroidal particle," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 128, 539-555, 2012.
21. Tao, , R., , L. Si, Y. Ma, P. Zhou, and Z. Liu, "Relay propagation of partially coherent cosh-Gaussian beams in non-Kolmogorov turbulence," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 131, , 495-515, 2012.
22. Tsangaris, , C. L., , G. H. C. New, and J. Rogel-Salazar, "Unstable Bessel beam resonator," Optics Commun., , Vol. 223, No. 4--6, 233-238, 2003. doi:10.1016/S0030-4018(03)01681-X
23. Hernandez-Aranda, , R. I., S. Chavez-Cerda, and J. C. Gutierrez-, "Theory of the unstable Bessel resonator," J. Opt. Soc. Am. A, Vol. 22, , No. 9, 1909-1917, 2005. doi:10.1364/JOSAA.22.001909
25. Stratton, J. A., , "Electromagnetic Theory," McGraw-Hill,, 1941.
26. Jang, , B.-J., , S. Lee, and H. Yoon, "HF-band wireless power transfer system: Concept, issues, and design," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 124, 211-231, 2012. doi:10.2528/PIER11120511
27. Zhou, , Y., "Microwave imaging based on wideband range profiles," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 19, 57-65, 2010.
28. Tan, , W. X., W. Hong, Y. P. Wang, and Y. R. Wu, "A novel spherical-wave three-dimensional imaging algorithm for microwave cylindrical scanning geometries," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 111, 43-70, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIER10100307
29. An, , D.-X., , Z.-M. Zhou, X.-T. Huang, and T. Jin, "A novel imaging approach for high resolution squinted spotlight SAR based on the deramping-based technique and azimuth NLCS principle," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 123, 485-508, 2012. doi:10.2528/PIER11112110
30. Xu, S., L. Yang, L. Huang, and H. S. Chen, "Experimental measurement method to determine the permittivity of extra thin materials using resonant metamaterials," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 120, 327-337, 2012..