A hybrid method is introduced for analysis of the H-plane waveguide discontinuities. It combines multimode contour integral and mode matching techniques. The process is based on dividing the circuit structure into key building blocks and finding the multimode scattering matrix of each block individually. The multimode scattering matrix of the whole structure can be found by cascading these blocks. Also contour integral method is developed for analysis of multi-media circuits. Therefore, it is possible to analyze H-plane waveguide filters with dielectric resonators using this method. The accuracy and run time of the purposed method is compared with those reported in literatures and/or Ansoft HFSS software.
"A Hybrid Multimode Contour Integral Method for Analysis of the h
-Plane Waveguide Discontinuties," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,
Vol. 81, 167-182, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER07122601
1. Jia, H., K. Yoshtomi, and K. Yasumoto, "Rigorous analysis of rectangular waveguide junctions by Fourier transform technique," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 20, 263-282, 1998. doi:10.2528/PIER98032600
2. Jia, H., K. Yoshtomi, and K. Yasumoto, "Rigorous analysis of E-/H-plane junctions in rectangular waveguides using Fourier transform technique," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 21, 273-292, 1999. doi:10.2528/PIER98081701
3. El Sabbagh, M. and K. Zaki, "Modeling of rectangular waveguide junctions containing cylindrical posts," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 33, 299-331, 2001. doi:10.2528/PIER01022603
4. Lilonga-Boyenga, D., C. N. Mabika, and G. Okoumou- Moko, "Rigorous analysis of uniaxial discontinuities microwave components using a new multimodal variational formulation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 2, 61-71, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB07102403
5. Steban, H., S. Cogollos, V. E. Boria, A. San Blas, and M. Ferrando, "A new hybrid mode-matching/numerical method for the analysis of arbitrarily shaped inductive obstacles and discontinuities in rectangular waveguides," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 50, No. 4, 1219-1224, 2002. doi:10.1109/22.993428
6. Morro, J. V., P. S. Pacheco, H. E. Gonzalez, V. E. Boria, C. Bachiller, M. Taroncher, S. Cogollos, and B. Gimeno, "Fast automated design of waveguide filters using aggressive space mapping with a new segmentation strategy and a hybrid optimization algorithm," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 53, No. 4, 1130-1142, 2005. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2005.845685
7. Xiang, Z. and Y. Lu, "An effective hybrid method for electromagnetic scattering from inhomogeneous objects," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 17, 305-321, 1997. doi:10.2528/PIER97050200
8. Wu, K. L., G. Y. Delisle, D. G. Fang, and M. Lecours, "Coupled finite element and boundary element methods in electromagnetic scattering," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 02, 113-132, 1990.
9. Nie, X.-C., Y.-B. Gan, N. Yuan, C.-F. Wang, and L.-W. Li, "An efficient hybrid method for analysis of slot arrays enclosed by a large radome," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 2, 249-264, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306775777215
10. Fikioris, J. G. and A. N. Magoulas, "Scattering from axisymmetric scatterers: A hybrid method of solving Maus's equation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 25, 131-165, 2000. doi:10.2528/PIER99051701
11. Liu, H.-X., H. Zhai, L. Li, and C.-H. Liang, "A progressive numerical method combined with MoM for a fast analysis of large waveguide slot antenna array," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 20, No. 2, 183-192, 2006.
12. Mittal, A., K. K. Gupta, G. P. Srivastava, P. K. Singhal, R. D. Gupta, and P. C. Sharma, "Contour integral analysis of planar components," J. Microwaves and Optoelectronics, Vol. 3, No. 3, 58-72, 2003.
13. Okoshi, T. and T. Miyoshi, "The planar circuit — An approach to microwave integrated circuitry," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 20, No. 4, 245-252, 1972. doi:10.1109/TMTT.1972.1127730
14. Okoshi, T., Planar Circuits for Microwaves and Lightwaves, Springer-Verlag, 1985.
15. Itoh, T. and Ed., Numerical Techniques for Microwave and Millimeter-Wave Passive Structures, Wiley, 1989.
16. Okoshi, T. and S. Kitazawa, "Computer analysis of shortboundary planar circuits," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 23, No. 3, 299-306, 1975. doi:10.1109/TMTT.1975.1128551
17. Hashemi, A. and A. Banai, "Analysis of H-plane waveguide discontinuities using hybrid multimode contour integral and mode matching techniques," 2007 SBMO/IEEE MTT-S (IMOC2007), 840-843, 2007.
18. Hiraoka, T. and J. P. Hsu, "Equivalent network for H-plane rectangular waveguide circuits and its practical application for analysis of circuit performance and field behavior," Int. J. RF and Microwave CAE, Vol. 14, No. 3, 210-226, 2004. doi:10.1002/mmce.20005
19. Hashemi, A. and A. Banai, "Analysis of waveguide filters with dielectric resonators using multimode contour integral method," 2007 IEEE MTT-S (APMC2007), 2083-2086, 2007.
20. Bachiller, C., H. Esteban, V. E. Boria, J. V. Morro, L. J. Rogla, M. Taroncher, and A. Belenguer, "Efficient CAD tool of directcoupled- cavities filters with dielectric resonators," 2005 IEEE APS, Vol. 1B, 578-581, 2007.
21. Qiu, Z.-J., X.-Y. Hou, X. Li, and J.-D. Xu, "On the condition number of matrices from various hybrid vector FEM-BEM formulations for 3-D scattering," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 13, 1797-1806, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306779292138
22. Bachiller, C., H. Esteban, V. E. Boria, J. V. Morro, M. Taroncher, and B. Gimeno, "CAD of evanescent mode waveguide filters with circular dielectric resonators," 2006 IEEE AP-S, 1567-1570, 2006.