In this paper, we consider the resistances and inductances extraction from finite conducting metals. To remedy the weakness of volume integral equation, we extend the usage of a surface integral equation method from analyzing finite conducting rectangular wire strip to analyzing arbitrarily shaped geometry. Moreover the multilevel Green function method (MLGFIM) with a complexity of O(N) is employed to accelerate the matrix-vector multiplications in iterations. The numerical results shows the efficacy of the proposed method.
2. Tang, W., X. He, T. Pan, and Y. L. Chow, "Synthetic asymptote formulas of equivalent circuit components of square spiral inductors," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 2, 215-226, 2006.
3. Zheng, Q. and H. Zeng, "Multipole theory analysis of 3D magnetostatic fields," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 3, 389-397, 2006.
4. Babic, S. I. and C. Akyel, "New mutual inductance calculation of the magnetically coupled coils: Thin disk coil-thin wall solenoid," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 10, 1281-1290, 2006.
5. Morsey, J. D., V. I. Okhmatovski, and A. C. Cangellaris, "Finite-thickness conductor models for full-wave analysis of interconnects with a fast integral equation method," IEEE Trans. Advaced-packaging, Vol. 27, No. 1, 24-33, 2004.
6. Wang, H. G. and P. Zhao, "Combining multilevel Green's function interpolation method with volume loop bases for inductance extraction problems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 80, 225-239, 2008.
7. Rokhlin, V., "Rapid solution of integral equation of classical potential theory," J. Comput. Phys., Vol. 60, 187-207, 1985.
8. Lu, C. C. and W. C. Chew, "A multilevel algorithm for solving boundary integral equations of wave scattering," Microw. Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 7, 466-470, 1994.
9. Song, J. M., C. C. Lu, W. C. Chew, and S. W. Lee, "Fast illinois solver code (FISC)," IEEE Antennas Propag. Mag., Vol. 48, 27-34, 1998.
10. Sarkar, T. K., E. Arvas, and S. M. Rao, "Application of FFT and the conjugate gradient method for the solution of electromagnetic radiation from electrically large and small conducting bodies," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 34, 635-640, 1986.
11. Zhao, L., T. J. Cui, and W.-D. Li, "An efficient algorithm for EM scattering by electrically large dielectric objects using MR-QEB iterative scheme and CG-FFT method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 67, 341-355, 2007.
12. Phillips, J. R. and J. K. White, "A precorrected-FFT method for electrostatic analysis of complicated 3-D structures," IEEE Trans. Comput.-aided Des. Integr. Circuits Syst., Vol. 16, 1059-1072, 1997.
13. Chan, C. H., C.-M. Lin, L. Tsang, and Y. F. Leung, "A sparse matrix/canonical grid method for analyzing microstrip structures," IEICE Trans. Electron., Vol. E80-C, No. 11, 1354-1359, 1996.
14. Bleszynski, E., M. Bleszynski, and T. Jaroszewicz, "AIM: Adaptive integral method for solving large-scale electromagnetic scattering and radiation problems," Radio Sci., Vol. 31, 1225-1251, 1996.
15. Wang, H. G., C. H. Chan, and L. Tsang, "A new multilevel Green's function interpolation method for large scale low frequency EM simulations," IEEE Trans. Comput.-aided Des. Integr. Circuits Syst., Vol. 24, No. 9, 1427-1443, 2005.
16. Wang, H. G. and C. H. Chan, "The implementation of multilevel Green's function interpolation method for full-wave electromagnetic problems," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 55, No. 5, 1348-1358, 2007.
17. Wang, H. G., C. H. Chan, L. Tsang, and K. F. Chan, "Mixture effective permittivity simulations using IMLMQRF method on preconditioned EFIE," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 57, 285-310, 2006.
18. Medgyesi-Mitschang, L. N. and J. M. Putnam, "Integral equation formulations for imperfectly conducting scatters," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 33, No. 2, 206-214, 1985.
19. Arbor, A., "A note on impedance boundary conditions," Can. J. Phys., Vol. 40, 663-666, 1962.
20. Gilberg, R. F. and B. A. Forouzan, Data Structures: A Pseudocode Approach with C++, Thomson Asia Pte Ltd and PPTPH, 2002.
21. Pozar, D. M., Microwave Engineering, 2nd Ed., Wiley, 1998.
22. Qian, Z. G., W. C. Chew, and R. Suaya, "Generalized impedance boundary condition for conductor modeling in surface integral equation," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 55, No. 11, 2354-2364, 2007.
23. Zhao, J. S. and W. C. Chew, "Integral equation solution of Maxwell's equations from zero frequency to microwave frequencies," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 48, No. 10, 1635-1645, 2000.
24. Cui, T. J. and W. C. Chew, "Accurate analysis of wire structures from very-low frequency to microwave frequency," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 50, No. 3, 301-307, 2002.
25. Li, M.-K. and W. C. Chew, "Applying divergence-free condition in solving the volume integral equation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 57, 311-333, 2006.
26. Rao, S. M., D. R. Wilton, and A. W. Glisson, "Electromagnetic scattering by surfaces of arbitrary shape," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 30, No. 3, 409-418, 1982.
27. Hussein, K. F. A., "Fast computational algorithm for EFIE applied to arbitrarily-shaped conducting surfaces," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 68, 339-357, 2007.
28. Hanninen, I., M. Taskinen, and J. Sarvas, "Singularity subtraction integral formulae for surface integral equations with RWG, ROOFTOP and hybrid basis functions," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 63, 243-278, 2006.
29. Kamon, M., M. J. Tsuk, and J. K. White, "FASTHENRY: A multipole accelerated 3-D inductance extraction program," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 42, No. 9, 1750-1758, 1994.