A new integration technique based on use of Quasi Monte Carlo Integration (QMCI) technique is proposed for Method of Moments (MoM) solution of Integral equation for capacitance computation. The integral equation for unknown charge distribution over the capacitors is formulated. The solutions are obtained by MoM using the QMCI technique. It is observed that the proposed method is not only capable of dealing with the problem of singularity encountered in the Integral Equation efficiently but also provides accurate computation of the capacitances of parallel plate, cylindrical and spherical capacitors.
"Application of Quasi Monte Carlo Integration Technique in Efficient Capacitance Computation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,
Vol. 90, 309-322, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09011310
1. Harrington, R. F., Field Computation by Moment Methods, Macmillan, New York, 1968.
2. Su, D., D. M. Fu, and D. Yu, "Genetic algorithms and method of moments for the design of PIFAs," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 1, 9-18, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERL07110603
3. Mittra, R. and K. Du, "Characteristic basis function method for iteration-free solution of large method of moments problems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 6, 307-336, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB08031206
4. Khalaj-Amirhosseini, M., "Analysis of longitudinally inhomogeneous waveguides using the method of moments," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, PIER 74, 57-67, 2007.
5. Tong, M. S., "A stable integral equation solver for electromagnetic scattering by large scatterers with concave surface ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, 113-130, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07041506
6. Geyi, W., "New magnetic field integral equation for antenna system," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, PIER 63, 153-170, 2006.
7. HÄanninen, I., M. Taskinen, and J. Sarvas, "Singularity subtraction integral formulae for surface integral equations with RWG, rooftop and hybrid basis functions," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, 243-278, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER06051901
8. Nesterenko, M. V. and V. A. Katrich, "The asymptotic solution of an integral equation for magnetic current in a problem of waveguides coupling through narrow slots," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, PIER 57, 101-129, 2006.
9. Li, M. K. and W. C. Chew, "Applying divergence-free condition in solving the volume integral equation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, PIER 57, 311-333, 2006.
10. Hatamzadeh-Varmazyar, S. and M. Naser-Moghadasi, "An integral equation modeling of electromagnetic scattering from the surfaces of arbitrary resistance distribution," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 3, 157-172, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB07121404
11. Mishra, M. and N. Gupta, "Singularity treatment for integral equations in electromagnetic scattering using Monte Carlo integration technique," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 50, No. 6, 1619-1623, June 2008. doi:10.1002/mop.23457
12. Mishra, M. and N. Gupta, "Monte carlo integration technique for the analysis of electromagnetic scattering from conducting surfaces," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, PIER 79, 91-106, 2008.
13. Becker, A. A., The Boundary Element Method in Engineering, McGraw-Hill, London, 1992.
14. Niederreiter, H., Random Number Generation and Quasi-monte Carlo Methods, SIAM, Pennsylvania, 1992.
15. Press, W. H., S. A. Teukolsky, W. T. Vetterling, and B. P. Flannery, Numerical Recipes, 2nd Ed., Cambridge University Press, 1992.
16. Halton, J. H., "On the efficiency of certain quasi-random sequences of points in evaluating multi-dimensional integrals," Numer. Math., Vol. 2, 84-196, 1996.
17. Rosca, V. and V Leitao, "Quasi Monte Carlo mesh-free integration for meshless weak formulations," Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements, Vol. 32, 471-479, 2008. doi:10.1016/j.enganabound.2007.10.015
18. Chew, W. C. and L. Jiang, "A complete variational method for capacitance extractions," Progress In Electromagnetics Research , PIER 56, 19-32, 2006.
19. Liang, C. H., "Method of largest extended circle for the capacitance of arbitrarily shaped conducting plates," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 1, 51-60, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERL07112101
20. Legrand, X., A. Xemard, G. Fleury, P. Auriol, and C. A. Nucci, "A Quasi-Monte Carlo integration method applied to the computation of the Pollaczek integral," IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Vol. 23, 1527-1534, 2008. doi:10.1109/TPWRD.2007.909050
21. Zhao, J., "Singularity-treated quadrature-evaluated method of moments solver for 3-D capacitance extraction," Annual ACM IEEE Design Automation Conference Proceedings of the 37th Conference on Design Automation, 536-539, Los Angeles, California, United States, 2000.