A very compact low temperature co-fired ceramic (LTCC) dual-band filter is designed based on the proposed novel cross-coupling structure in this paper. A six-pole dual-band filter with four transmission zeros is synthesized using an analytical procedure. By incorporating the proposed novel cross-coupling structure and analyzing the coupling characteristic, the dual-band filter is realized with canonical topology in multilayer LTCC. It is demonstrated by the simulation and experiment that the proposed dual-band filter has both compact size and good selectivity.
"Design of Compact Dual-Band Filter in Multilayer LTCC with Cross Coupling," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,
Vol. 135, 515-525, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIER12102308
1. Lee, , J., , M. S. Uhmand, and I. B. Yom, , "A dual-passband filter of canonical structure for satellite applications," IEEE Microwave Wireless Components Letters, , Vol. 14, 271-273, 2004.. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2004.828026
2. Chen, , X.-P., , K. Wu, and Z. L. Li, , "Dual-band and triple-band substrate integrated waveguide filters with Chebyshev and quasi-elliptic responses," IEEE Transaction on Microwave Theory and Techniques,, Vol. 5, 2569-2578, 2007. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2007.909603
3. Zhang, , Q.-L., W.-Y. Yin, S. He, and L.-S. Wu, , "Evanescent-mode substrate integrated waveguide (SIW) fiters implemented with complimentary split ring resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 111, 419-432, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIER10110307
4. Jedrzejewski, , A., , N. Leszczynska, L. Szydlowski, and M. Mrozowski, "Zero-pole approach to computer aided design of in-line SIW ¯lters with transmission zeros," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,, Vol. 131, 533-533, 2012.
5. Xu, , L.-J., , J. P. Wang, Y.-X. Guo, and W. Wu, , "Double-folded substrate integrated waveguide band-pass filter with transmission zeros in LTCC," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 27, No. 1, 1-8, 2012.
6. Wang, , Z., , X. Zeng, and B. Yan, , "A millimeter-wave E-plane band-pass filter using multilayer low temperature co-fired ceramic (LTCC) technology," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications,, Vol. 24, No. 1, 71-79, 2010. doi:10.1163/156939310790322091
7. Chin, , K. S., C. H. Chen, and C. C. Chang, , "LTCC vertically-stacked cross-coupled band-pass filter for LMDS band application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 22, 123-135, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIERC11051101
8. Xu, , Z.-Q., , Y. Shi, B. C. Yang, P. Wang, and Z. Tian, "Compact second-order LTCC substrate integrated waveguide filter with two transmission zeros," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications,, Vol. 26, No. 5--6, 795-805, 2012. doi:10.1080/09205071.2012.710808
9. Xu, , M. J., , Z. Q. Xu, K. Chen, B. Fu, and J. X. Liao, "Multilayer substrate integrated hexagonal cavity (SIHC) filter with mixed coupling (MC)," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 27, No. 2, 1-9, 2012.
10. Chen, , B. J., T. M. Shen, and R. B. Wu, "Dual-band vertically stacked laminated waveguide filter design in LTCC technology," IEEE Transaction on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 57, 1554-1562, 2009. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2009.2020833
11. Zhou, , C. X., , Y. X. Guo, and S. L. Yan, , "Dual-band UWB filter with LTCC technology," Electronics Letters, Vol. 47, No. 22, 1230-1232, 2011. doi:10.1049/el.2011.2963
12. Tamura, , M., , T. Yang, and T. Itoh, , "Very compact and low-profile LTCC unbalanced to balanced fiters with hybrid resonators," IEEE Transaction on Microwave Theory and Techniques, , Vol. 59, 1925, 2011. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2011.2141678
13. Wu, , C. Y., and A chip antenna in via-, "A chip antenna in via-free LTCC with symmetric structure for Bluetooth applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 26, No. 10, 1350-1357, 2012. doi:10.1080/09205071.2012.699418
14. Xia, , L., , R. M. Xu, and B. Yan, , "LTCC interconnect modeling by support vector regression," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 69, 67-75, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER06120503
15. Wang, Z., P. Li, and R. Xu, "A compact X-band receiver front-end module based on low temperature co-fired ceramic technology," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 92, 167-180, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09040701
16. Zhang, , Y., K. A. Zaki, and , "Analytical synthesis of generalized multi-band microwave filters," IEEE/MTT-S International Mi-crowave Symposium, 870-876, 2007.
17. Cameron, , R. J., , "General coupling matrix synthesis methods for Chebyshev filtering functions," IEEE Transaction on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 47, 433-442, 1999. doi:10.1109/22.754877
18. Cassivi, , Y., , L. Perregrini, P. Arcioni, M. Bressan, K. Wu, and G. Conciauro, "Dispersion characteristics of substrate integrated rectangular waveguide ," IEEE Microwave Wireless Components Letters , Vol. 12, 333-335, 2002. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2002.803188
19. Hong, , J. S. and Microstrip Filter for RF/Micro-, Microstrip Filter for RF/Micro-wave Applications, Wiley, New York, 2001.. doi:10.1002/0471221619
20. Zhou, , C. X., , Y. X. Guo, and S. L. Yan, "Effcient design of SIW ¯lters with knowledge-embedded space mapping technique," Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, Vol. 22, No. 5, 603-609, 2012. doi:10.1002/mmce.20617