The principal result of this work is the existence of coupled magnon-plasmon surface polaritons, i.e., nonradiative spin-electromagnetic surface waves on the lateral surface of a superlattice that consists of the alternating layers of GaAs-AlGaAs quantum well system and ferromagnetic insulator. Dispersion relations for the waves are considered at quantum Hall-effect conditions when a static quantizing magnetic field is perpendicular to the quantum well plane.
1. Wy, J. W., et al., "Magnetoplasma surface waves on the lateral surface of a semiconductor superlattice," Solid State Communications, Vol. 58, 795-798, 1986. doi:10.1016/0038-1098(86)90771-4
2. Tselis, A. C. and J. J. Quinn, "Retardation effects and transverse collective excitations in semiconductor superlattice," Phys. Rev., Vol. B29, 2021-2027, 1986.
3. Tarkhanyan, R. G., "Interface polaritons and complete transmission of electromagnetic waves across an antiferromagnet-semiconductor layer structure," Sov. Phys. Solid State, Vol. 32(7), 1115-1121, 1990; Fiz. Tverd. Tela., Vol. 32, 1913–1924, 1990.
4. Tarkhanyan, R. G., "Propagation of surface polaritons and total electromagnetic wave transmission through the layered structures," International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, Vol. 15, No. 4, 1994.
5. Tarkhanyan, R. G., "Coupled surface polaritons on the lateral surfaces of ferrite/semiconductor superlattice," Lithuanian J. of Physics, Vol. 35, 587-590, 1995.
6. Von Klitzing, K., G. Dorda, and M. Pepper, "Realization of a resistance standard based on fundamental constants," Phys. Rev. Letters, Vol. 45, 494-497, 1980. doi:10.1103/PhysRevLett.45.494
7. Uzunoglu, N. K., J. L. Tsalamengas, and J. G. Fikioris, "The modal spectrum of a grounded gyromagnetic slab with a perpendicular or parallel axis of magnetization," Radio Science, Vol. 19, 429-439, 1984. doi:10.1029/RS019i001p00429
8. Tarkhanyan, R. G., "Volume and surface spin-electromagnetic waves in superlattices at quantum Hall conditions," Semiconductor Microelectronics Proceedings of the Second National Conference, 87-91, Yerevan, 1999.