The goal of the present paper is two folded. The first, the methodological one, is the complementation of well established in diffraction theory of gratings C method with certain elements of spectral theory and the development of interactive numerical algorithm that made feed back conjunction between diffraction and spectral problems. As a natural result the second goal appeared: the appearing of such tool for numerical experiments resulted in profound qualitative and quantitative study of rather peculiar phenomena in resonant scattering from periodic surface. Special attention has been paid to the investigation of electromagnetic waves diffraction from periodic boundaries of material with single and double negative parameters.
"C-Method: Several Aspects of Spectral Theory of Gratings," ,
Vol. 59, 113-149, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER05050901
1. Petit, R. (ed.), Electromagnetic Theory of Gratings, Springer- Verlag, Heidelberg, 1980.
2. Galishnikova, T. N. and A. S. Il'insky, Numerical Methods in Diffraction Problems, Moscow, Publishing House of Moscow State University, 1987.
3. Colton, D. and R. Kress, Integral Equation Methods in Scattering Theory, Wiley, 1983.
4. Shestopalov, V. P., Yu. A. Tuchkin, A. Ye. Poyedinchuk, and Yu. K. Sirenko, "Novel methods of solving of direct and inverse problems of diffraction theory," Analytical Regularization of Boundary Value Problems in Electromagnetics, 1997.
5. Shestopalov, V. P., Method of Rieman-Hilbert Problem in Theory of Electromagnetic Wave Diffraction and Propagation, Vol. 59, Publishing House of Kharkov University, Kharkov, 1971.
6. Shestopalov, V. P., L. N. Litvinenko, S. A. Masalov, and V. G. Sologub, Wave Diffraction by Gratings, Publ. of Kharkov National University, Kharkov, 1973.
7. Shestopalov, V. P. and Yu. K. Sirenko, Dynamic Theory of Gratings, Kiyev, Naukova Dumka, 1989.
8. Bass, F. G. and I. M. Fuks, Wave Scattering by Statistical ly Rough Surface, Moscow, Nauka, 1972.
9. Popov, E. and M. Neviere, "Grating theory: new equations in Fourier space leading to fast converging results for TM polarization," J. Opt. Soc. Am. A, Vol. 17, 1773-1784, 2000.
10. Chandezon, J., D. Maystre, and G. Raoult, "A new theoretical method for diffraction gratings and its numerical application," J. Optics, Vol. 11, 235-241, 1980. doi:10.1088/0150-536X/11/4/005
11. Chandezon, J., M. T. Depuis, G. Cornet, and D. Maystre, "Multicoated gratings: a differential formalism applicable in the entire optical region," Journal of Optical Society of Am., Vol. 72, 839-846, 1982.
12. Plumey, J-P., G. Granet, and J. Chandezon, "Differential covariant formalism for solving Maxwell's equations in curvilinear coordinates: oblique scattering from lossy periodic surfaces," IEEE Trans. On Antennas and Propag., Vol. 43, 835-842, 1995. doi:10.1109/8.402203
13. Granet, G., J-P. Plumey, and J. Chandezon, "Some topics in extending the C method to multilayer-coated gratings of different profiles," Pure Appl. Opt., Vol. 5, 141-155, 1996. doi:10.1088/0963-9659/5/2/002
14. Plumey, J-P., B. Guizal, and J. Chandezon, "Coordinate transformation method as applied to asymmetric gratings with vertical facets," Journal of Optical Society of Am. A, Vol. 14, No. 3, 610-617, 1997.
15. Li, L., J. Chandezon, G. Granet, and J-P. Plumey, "A rigorous and efficient grating analysis method made easy for optical engineers," Appl. Opt., Vol. 38, 304-313, 1999.
16. Chandezon, J., A. Ye. Poyedinchuk, Yu. A. Tuchkin, and N. P. Yashina, "Mathematical modeling of electromagnetic wave scattering by wavy periodic boundary between two media," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 38, 130-143, 2002.
17. Sveshnikov, A. G., Incomplete Galerkin Method, 1076-1079, Doklady Akademy Nauk SSSR, 236, 1977.
18. Vasilenko, Yu. N., A. S. Il'insky, and Yu. Ya. Kharlanov, "Model of lens antenna of waveguides with irregular cross section," Radiotekhnika I Electronica, Vol. 42, 295-301, 1997.
19. Yasuura, K. and Y. Okuno, "Numerical analysis of diffraction 148 Poyedinchuk et al. from a grating by the mode matching method with a smoothing procedure," Journal of Optical Society of Am. A, Vol. 72, 1012-1025, 1982.
20. Popovidi-Zaridze, R. S. and Z. S. Tsverikmozashvili, "Numerical investigation of diffraction problems by means of modified method of non-orthogonal series," Jurnal Vychislitel'noy Matematiki i Matematicheskoy Fiziki, Vol. 17, 384-393, 1977.
21. Babich, V. I. and V. S. Buldyrev, Asymptotical Methods in Diffraction Theory, Nauka, Moscow, 1972.
22. Borovikov, V. A. and B. Ye. Kinber, Geometrical Theory of Diffraction, Sviaz, Moscow, 1978.
23. Vainshtein, L. A., Electromagnetic Waves, Sovetskoye Radio Publishing House, Moscow, 1957.
24. Bliokh, K. Yu. and Yu. P. Bliokh, "What are left-handed media and what is interesting about them," Uspehi Fizicheskih Nauk, Vol. 174, No. 4, 2004.
25. Mittra, R. and S. W. Lee, Analytical Technique in the Theory of Guided Waves, The Macmillan Company, 1971.
26. Andersen, J. B. and V. V. Solodukhov, "Field behavior near a dielectric wedge," IEEE Transaction on Antennas and Propag., Vol. 26, 598-602, 1978. doi:10.1109/TAP.1978.1141899
27. Yanushauskas, A. I., Multiple Trigonometric Series, Nauka Publishing House, Novosibirsk, 1986.
28. Hormander, L., The Analysis of Linear Partial Differential Operators, Vol 1: Distribution theory and Fourier analysis, Springer, 1983.
29. Tuchkin, Yu. A., "Analytical regularization of one class of integral equation in diffraction theory," Doklady Akademii Nauk Ukrainy, Vol. 10, 345-350, 1998.
30. Poyedinchuk, A. Ye., V. P. Shestopalov, and N. P. Yashina, "Spectral theory of coaxial waveguide resonators," USSR. Computer Mathematics and Mathematical Physics, Vol. 26.552-562, 552-562, 1986.
31. Pochanina, I. E. and N. P. Yashina, "Electromagnetic properties of open waveguide resonators," Electromagnetics, Vol. 13, 325-341, 1993.
32. Poyedinchuk, Ye., Yu. A. Tuchkin, and V. P. Shestopalov, "Regularization of spectral problems of wave scattering on unclosed screens," Doklady Acad. Nauk SSSR, Vol. 295, 1358-1362, 1987.
33. Veselago, V. G., "Electrodynamics of materials with both negative ε and μ," Uspekhi Fizicheskih Nauk., Vol. 2, 517-526, 1967.
34. Felbacq, D. and A. Moreau, "Direct evidence of negative refraction at media with negative ε and μ," J. Opt. A: Pure Appl. Opt., Vol. 5, 9, 2003. doi:10.1088/1464-4258/5/3/102
35. Maystre, D. and S. Enoch, "Perfect lenses made with left-handed materials: Alice's mirror?," J. Opt. Soc. Am. A, Vol. 21, 122-1312004, 1312.
36. Traub, J. F., Iterative Methods for the Solution of Equations, Prentice-Hall, 1964.
37. Wilkinson, J. H., The Algebraic Eigenvalue Problem, Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1965.
38. Wilkinson, J. H. and C. Reinch, Handbook for Automatic Computation, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1971.
39. Melezhik, P. N., A. Ye. Poyedinchuk, Yu. A. Tuchkin, and V. P. Shestopalov, "About analytical origins of eigen mode coupling," Soviet Doklady, Vol. 300, 456-463, 1988.
40. Bespyatih, Yu. I., I. Ye. Dikshtaine, and D. I. Ermakov, "Surface polaritons on the boundary between composite media with a dispersion of permittivity and permeability," Padiotechnika & Electronica, Vol. 48, 449-458, 2003.
41. Chandezon, J., G. Granet, A. Poyedinchuk, and N. Yashina, "Rigorous model for the materials with negative permittivity and permeability electromagnetic study," PIERS 2004, Vol. '' S 2004.
42. Yashina, N., A. Poyedinchuck, S. Panin, G. Granet, and M. Ney, "FS periodic coatings made of metamaterials: numerical synthesis and optimization," APMC 2004, 15-18, 2004.