The open-sleeve antenna is analyzed using the method of moment. Emphasis is given to the analysis of the VSWR of the antenna. The multi-band characteristic of the sleeve antenna are investigated. The 1st and the 3rd frequency bands come from the driven dipole, and the 2nd frequency band is due to the length of parasitic elements and the distance between the driven element and the parasitic elements. Some useful results are presented and discussed in this paper.
1. Staff of the Radio Research Laboratory Harvard University, Very High Frequency Techniques, Very High Frequency Techniques, 119-137, 119-137, McGraw-Hill Book Company Inc., New York and London, 1947.
2. King, R. W. P., The Theory of Linear Antenna, Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA, 1956.
4. Poggio, A. J. and P. E. Mayes, "Pattern bandwidth optimization of the sleeve monopole antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, Vol. AP-14, No. 9, 643-645, 1966. doi:10.1109/TAP.1966.1138764
5. King, H. E. and J. L. Wong, "An experiment study of balun-fes open-sleeve dipole in front of a metallic reflector," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, Vol. AP-20, No. 3, 201-204, 1972. doi:10.1109/TAP.1972.1140159
6. Wunsch, A. D., "Fourier series treatment of the sleeve monopole antennas," IEE Proc. H, Vol. 135, 217-225, 1988.
7. Shen, Z. and R. H. MacPhie, "Rigorous evaluation of the input impedance of a sleeve monopole by modal-expansion method," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation Vol. 44, Vol. '' IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation 44, No. 12, 1584-1591, 1996. doi:10.1109/8.546244
8. Guo, J., Y. Ji, and Q. Liu, "Sleeve monopole antenna at the center of a circular ground plane," Microwave and Optical Technol. Lett., Vol. 38, No. 4, 341-343, 2003. doi:10.1002/mop.11055
9. Ali, M., M. Okoniewski, M. A. Stuchly, and S. S. Stuchly, "Dual- frequency strip-sleeve monopole for laptop computers," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, Vol. 47, No. 2, 317-323, 1999. doi:10.1109/8.761072
10. Rogers, S. D. and C. M. Butler, "An efficient curved-wire integral equation solution technique," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, Vol. 49, No. 1, 70-79, 2001. doi:10.1109/8.910532