A completely automatically near-field mapping system is developed within IRSEEM (Research Institute for Electronic Embedded Systems) in order to determine electromagnetic field radiated by electronic systems. This test bench uses a 3D positioning system of the probe to make accurate measurements. The main element of this measurement tool is the probe. This paper presents a characterization of the open-ended coaxial probe which is used to measure the normal component of the electric field.
"Characterization of the Open-Ended Coaxial Probe Used for Near-Field Measurements in EMC Applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,
Vol. 60, 311-333, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER05112501
1. Haelvoet, K., S. Criel, F. Dobbelaere, L. Martens, P. De Laughe, and R. De Smedt, "Near-field scanner for the accurate characterization of electromagnetic fields in the close vicinity of electronic devices and systems," IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference, No. 6, 1119-1122, 1996.
2. Ostermann, T. and B. Deutschmann, "TEM-cell and surface scan to identify the electromagnetic emission of integrated circuits," 13th ACM Great Lakes Symposium on VLSI, No. 4, 76-79, 2003. doi:10.1145/764808.764829
3. Tankielun, A., P. Kralicek, U. Keller, E. Sicard, and B. Vrignon, "Influence of core optimisation and activity for electromagnetic near-field and conducted emissions of CESAME test chip," EMC Compo 2004 conference, No. 4, 95-100, 2004.
4. Baudry, D., L. Bouchelouk, A. Louis, and B. Mazari, "Near-field test bench for complete characterization of components radiated emission," EMC Compo 2004 Conference, No. 4, 85-89, 2004.
5. Baudry, D., F. Bicrel, L. Bouchelouk, A. Louis, B. Mazari, and P. Eudeline, "Near-field techniques for detecting EMI sources," IEEE Int. Symp. on EMC, No. 8, 11-13, 2004.
6. Baudry, D., A. Louis, and B. Mazari, "A study and improvement of open-ended coaxial probe used for near-field measurements," EMC Zurich Conference, No. 2, 2005.
7. Gao, Y. and I. Wolff, "Measurements of fields distributions and scattering parameters in multiconductor structures using an electric field probe," IEEE MTT-S Int. Microw. Symp. Digest, 1741-1744, 1997.
8. Dutta, S. K., C. P. Vlahacos, D. E. Steinhauer, A. S. Thanawalla, B. J. Feenstra, F. C. Wellstood, and S. M. Anlage, "Imaging microwave electric fields using a near-field scanning microwave microscope," Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 74, No. 1, 156-158, 1999. doi:10.1063/1.123137
9. Kazama, S. and K. I. Arai, "Adjacent electric field and magnetic field distribution," IEEE Int. Symp. on EMC, 395-400, 2002.
10. Laurin, J. J., Z. Ouardhiri, and J. Colinas, "Near-field imaging of radiated emission sources on printed-circuit boards," IEEE Int. Symp. on EMC, 368-373, 2001.
11. Combes, P. F. and R. Crampagne, "Circuits passifs hyperfr equences: guides d'ondes metalliques," E 1401, 2002.
12. Dahele, J. S. and A. L. Cullen, "Electric probe measurements on microstrip," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. MTT-28, No. 7, 752-755, 1980. doi:10.1109/TMTT.1980.1130162
13. Baudry, D., "Conception, validation et exploitation d'un dispositif de mesure de champs electromagnetiques proches. Application CEM," These, 2005.