A waveguide magic tee at W band is analyzed exactly and developed. The analysis approach is a combination of the mode expansion method and finite element method, which is based on the weak form of Helmholtz equation. Mode expansion instead of PML (Perfectly Matched Layers) is used to truncate the computing space of finite element. A magic tee at W band (75∼110 GHz) with the structure, which is easy for manufacture, is developed. Calculated results are presented and compared to those in experiments. Agreement has been observed. A sensitivity analysis is carried out, which shows the influence of the tolerance of manufacture on the performance of the magic tee. And the power carrying capacity of the designed magic tee is also evaluated.
"A Rigorous Analysis and Experimental Researches of Waveguide Magic Tee at W Band," ,
Vol. 60, 131-142, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER05112904
1. Sieverding, T. and F. Arndt, "Mo dal analysis of the magic tee," IEEE Microwave Guided Wave Lett., Vol. 3, No. 5, 150-152, 1993. doi:10.1109/75.217212
2. Ritter, J. and F. Arndt, "Efficien t FDTD/matrix-pencil method for the full-wave scattering parameter analysis of waveguiding structures," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 44, No. 12, 2450-2456, 1996. doi:10.1109/22.554577
3. Shen, Z. X., C. L. Law, and C. Qian, "Hybrid finite-elementmodal- expansion method for matched magic T-junction," IEEE Trans. Magnetics, Vol. 38, No. 3, 385-388, 2002. doi:10.1109/20.996103
4. Beyer, R. and U. Rosenberg, "CAD of magic tee with interior stepped post for high performance designs," IEEE-MTTS International Microwave Symposium Digest, Vol. 2, No. 6, 1207-1210, 2003.
5. Peterson, A. F. and S. P. Castillo, "A frequency-domain differential equation formulation for electromagnetic scattering from inhomogeneous cylinders," IEEE Trans. Antenna Propag., Vol. 37, 601-607, 1989. doi:10.1109/8.24188
6. Wu, H. and W. Dou, "Analysis of waveguide multi-ports discontinuities by the Helmholtz weak form and mode expansion," IEE Proc.-Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 151, No. 12, 530-536, 2004. doi:10.1049/ip-map:20040895
7. Stenger, E., M. Sarantos, E. Niehenke, H. Fudem, C. Schwerdt, F. Kuss, D. Strack, G. Hall, and J. Masti, "A miniature, MMIC one watt W-band solid-state transmitter," IEEE-MTTS International Microwave Symposium Digest, Vol. 2, No. 6, 431-434, 1997.
8. Jin, J. M., The Finite element Method of Electromagnetism, Xi'dian University Press, Xi'an, 2001.