The diffraction of E-polarized plane waves by an impedance loaded parallel plate waveguide formed by a two-part impedance plane and a parallel half plane with different face impedances is investigated rigorously by using the Fourier transform technique in conjunction with the Mode Matching Method. This mixed method of formulation gives rise to a scalar Modified Wiener- Hopf equation, the solution of which contains infinitely many constants satisfying an infinite system of linear algebraic equations. A numerical solution of this system is obtained for various values of the surface impedances and waveguide height.
1. Buyukaksoy, A. and G. CÄ±nar, "Solution of a matrix Wiener- Hopf equation connected with the plane wave diffraction by an impedance loaded parallel plate waveguide," Math. Meth. Appl. Sci., Vol. 28, 1633-1645, 2005. doi:10.1002/mma.625
2. Buyukaksoy, A. and F. Birbir, "Analysis of impedance loaded parallel plate waveguide radiator," J. of Electromagn. Waves and Appl., Vol. 12, 1509-1526, 1998.
3. Buyukaksoy, A. and B. Polat, "Plane wave diffraction by a thick walled parallel plate impedance waveguide," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagat, Vol. 46, 1692-1699, 1998. doi:10.1109/8.736623
4. Cnar, G. and A. Buyukaksoy, "Diffraction by a set three impedance half-planes with the one amidst located in the opposite direction," Can. J. Phys. Vol. 80, Vol. '' Can. J. Phys. 80, 893-909, 2002. doi:10.1139/p02-039
5. Cnar, G. and A. Buyukaksoy, "Diffraction of a normally incident plane wave by three parallel half planes with different face impedances," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 52, No. 2, 478-486, 2004. doi:10.1109/TAP.2004.823893
6. Noble, B., Methods Based on the Wiener-Hopf Techniques, Pergamon Press, London, 1958.
7. Senior, T. B. A. and J. L. Volakis, Approximate Boundary Conditions in Electromagnetics, IEE Press, London, 1995.