A kind of microstrip array double-antenna (MADA) and its corresponding radar front-end are presented in this paper. The double-antenna comprises two individual 4-patch arrays which are coplanar in a round substrate with 25mm diameter and are used as receiver antenna and transmitter antenna respectively in 36 GHz radar front-end. Both simulation and test results of the antenna are exhibited, which shows better isolation between two arrays below âˆ’42 dB in a wide band. Test results of radar front-end with MADA are also presented, from which we can see perfect performance the system has. With improvement of radar system, a more compact MADA with 18.6mm diameter is designed, fabricated and measured, which shows a good response.
"Microstrip Array Double-Antenna (Mada) Technology Applied in Millimeter Wave Compact Radar Front-End," ,
Vol. 66, 125-136, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER06110902
1. Ding, L.-F. and F.-L. Geng, Principle of Radar, Xidian University Press, Xian, China, 2002.
2. Robertson, I. D. and S. Lucyszyn, RFIC and MMIC Design and Technology, The Institute of Electrical Engineers, London, United Kingdom, 2001.
3. Zhong, S.-S., Microstrip Antenna Theory and Applications, Xidian University Press, Xian, China, 1991.
4. Tessmann, A., S. Kudszus, T. Feltgen, M. Riessle, C. Sklarczyk, and W. H. Haydl, "Compact single-chip W-band FMCW radar modules for commercial high-resolution sensor applications," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 50, No. 12, 2995-3001, 2002. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2002.805162
5. Saed, M. A., "Reconfigurable broadband microstrip antenna fed by a coplanar waveguide," Process In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 55, 227-239, 2005. doi:10.2528/PIER05031601
6. Eldek, A. A., A. Z. Elsherbeni, and C. E. Smith, "Rectangular slot antenna with patch stub for ultra wideband applications and phased array systems," Process In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 53, 227-237, 2005. doi:10.2528/PIER04092701
7. Wang, C., "A low cost 24-GHz FMCW radar for automobile application," 35th European Microwave Conference, No. 10, 24, 2005.