In this paper, we introduce a new method: support vector regression (SVR) method to modeling low temperature co-fired ceramic (LTCC) multilayer interconnect. SVR bases on structural risk minimization (SRM) principle, which leads to good generalization ability. A LTCC based stripline-to-stripline interconnect used as example to verify the proposed method. Experiment results show that the developed SVR model perform a good predictive ability in analyzing the electrical performance.
1. Bermani, E., S. Caorsi, and M. Raffetto, "An inverse scattering approach based on a neural network technique for the detection of dielectric cylinders buried in a lossy half-space," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 26, 67-87, 2000. doi:10.2528/PIER99052001
2. Jin, L., C. L. Ruan, and L. Y. Chun, "Design E-plane bandpass filter based on EM-ANN model," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 8, 1061-1069, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306776930259
3. Lee, Y. and D. S. Filipovic, "ANN based electromagnetic models for the design of RF MEMS switches," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 15, 823-825, 2005. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2005.859001
4. Chen, K., C. Ho, and H. Shiau, "Application of support vector regression in forecasting international tourism demand," Tourism Management Research, Vol. 4, 81-97, 2004.
5. Vapnik, V., The Nature of Statistical Learning Theory, Springer- Verlag, New York, 1995.
6. Wei, C., J. O. Chong, and S. S. Keerthi, "An improved conjugate gradient scheme to the solution of least squares SVM," IEEE Trans. Neural Network, Vol. 6, 498-501, 2005.
7. Shevade, S. K., S. S. Keerthi, C. Bhattacharyya, and K. R. K. Murthy, "Improvements to the SMO algorithm for SVM regression," IEEE Trans. Neural Network, Vol. 11, 1188-1193, 2000. doi:10.1109/72.870050
8. Bermani, E., A. Boni, A. Kerhet, and A. Massa, "Kernels evaluation of SVM based estimatiors for inverse scattering problems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 53, 167-188, 2005. doi:10.2528/PIER04090801
9. Scholkopf, B., A. J. Smola, R. Williamson, and P. Bartlett, "New support vector algorithms," NeuroCoLT2TechnicalReportsSeries:NC2-TR-1998-031, 2-031, 1998.
10. Chang, C. C. and C. J. Lin, "LIBSVM: a library for support vector machines," System documention, 2004.
11. Scheaffer, R. and J. Mcclave, Statistics for Engineers, Duxbury Press, Boston, 1982.