A novel low-pass filter using complementary split ring resonators (CSRRs) for transmission zero control and sharp-rejection is presented. Three different CSRRs resonators cells are etched at the ground plane below a low impedance microstrip line for transmission zero control. A demonstration lowpass filter is designed, fabricated and measured. It agreed with the simulated results well.
1. Gu, J. and X. Sun, "Compact lowpass filter using spiral compact microstrip resonant cells," Electronic Letters, Vol. 41, No. 19, 2005. doi:10.1049/el:20052569
2. Lim, J.-S., C.-S. Kim, and D. Ahn, "Design of low-pass filters using defected ground structure," IEEE Trans. on MTT, Vol. 53, No. 8, 2005. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2005.852765
3. Fu, Y. Q. and N. C. Yuan, "Reflection phase and frequency bandgap characteristics of EBG structures with anisotropic periodicity," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 19, No. 14, 1897-1905, 2005. doi:10.1163/156939305775570576
4. Pendry, J. B., A. J. Holden, D. J. Robbins, and W. J. Stewart, "Magnetism from conductors and enhanced nonlinear phenomena," IEEE Trans. on MTT, Vol. 47, No. 11, 1999. doi:10.1109/22.798002
5. Burokur, S. N., M. Latrach, and S. Toutain, "Analysis and design of waveguides loaded with split-ring resonators," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 19, No. 11, 1407-1421, 2005. doi:10.1163/156939305775525864
6. Xu, W., L. W. Li, H. Y. Yao, T. S. Yeo, and Q. Wu, "Lefthanded material effects on waves modes and resonant frequencies: filled waveguide structures and substrate-loaded patch antennas," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 19, No. 15, 2033-2047, 2005. doi:10.1163/156939305775570459
7. Mandal, M. K., P. Mondal, and A. Chakrabarty, "Low insertion Loss, sharp-rejection and compact microstrip low-pass filters," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Component Letters, Vol. 16, No. 11.
8. Bonache, J., M. Gil, and J. Garcia-Garcia, "On the electrical characteristics of complementary metamaterial resonators," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Component Letters, Vol. 16, No. 10, 2006.