A novel microstrip slot antenna for UWB (Ultra Wideband) applications is proposed. A square ring slot antenna is filledb y an H shape slot as a parasitic element. This structure is fed by a single microstrip line with a fork like-tuning stub. Experiments are carriedout to investigate its return loss, its radiation andits time domain behavior, which exhibit good radiation pattern and impedance bandwidth over the entire band of frequency. Time domain consideration also exhibits that this antenna can be used with short pulses. Extended from the proposed antenna, one advanced bandnotched( 5.5-7 GHz) design is also presentedas a desirable feature for UWB applications.
1. Chair, R., A. A. Kishk, and andK. F. Lee, "Ultrawide-bandcoplanar waveguide-fed rectangular slot antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Lett., 2004.
2. Sze, J. and K. Wong, "Bandwidth enhancement of a microstripline- fedprin tedwid e-slot antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 49, No. 7, 1020-1024, 2001. doi:10.1109/8.933480
3. Behdad, N. and K. Sarabandi, "A wide-band slot antenna design employing a fictitious short circuit concept," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 53, No. 1, 475-482, 2005. doi:10.1109/TAP.2004.838778
4. Kharakhili, F. G., M. Fardis, G. Dadashzadeh, A. Ahmadi, and andN. Hojjat, "Circular slot with a novel circular microstrip open endedmicrostrip feedfor UWB applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 68, 161-167, 2007.
5. Sadat, S., M. Fardis, F. Geran, and G. Dadashzadeh, "A compact microstrip square-ring slot antenna for UWB applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 67, 173-179, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER06082901
6. Chair, R., A. A. Kishk, K. F. Lee, C. E. Smith, and andD. Kajfez, "Microstrip line andCPW fedultra widebandslot antennas with U-shapedtuning stub andreflector," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 56, 163-182, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER05060701