A new transversal coupling network is proposed to design of multiple-band bandstop filters. The resonators in the proposed transversal coupling network have a few of center frequencies and some of them have similar or the same resonating frequency to realize multiple-band bandstop suppression, which are applied to reject pulse signals or bandwidth signals in broadband technique applications. A triple-band bandstop filter is designed by adopting substrate integrated waveguide to demonstrate the feasibility of this proposed network.
1. Han, S. H., X. L. Wang, and Y. Fan, "Improved generalized admittance matrix technique and its applications to rigorous analysis of millimeter-wave devices in rectangular waveguide," International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, Vol. 27, No. 10, 1391-1402, 2006.
2. Ni, D., et al., "Synthesis and design of compact microwave filters with direct source-load coupling," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 13, 1875-1885, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306779292147
3. Jin, L., C. L. Ruan, and L. Y. Chun, "Design E-plane bandpass filter based on EM-ANN model," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 8, 1061-1069, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306776930259
4. Zhang, J. J., J.-Z. Gu, B. Cui, and X.-W. Sunc, "Compact and harmonic suppression open-loop resonator bandpass filter with trisection SIR," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 69, 93-100, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER06120702
5. Amari, S., U. Rosenberg, and R. B. Wu, "In-line pseudoelliptic band-reject filters with nonresonating nodes and/or phase shifts," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 54, No. 1, 428-436, 2006. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2005.860494
6. Levy, R., R. V. Snyder, and S. Sanghoon, "Bandstop filters with extended upper passbands," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 54, No. 6, 2503-2515, 2006. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2006.875804
7. Jhuang, H. K., C. H. Lee, and C. I. G. Hsu, "Design of compact microstrip dual-band bandpass filters with lambda/4 steppedimpedance resonators," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 49, No. 1, 164-168, 2007. doi:10.1002/mop.22094
8. Mokhtaari, M., J. Bornemann, and S. Amari, Couplingmatrix design of dual/triple-band uni-planar filters, Microwave Symposium Digest, No. 6, 515-518, 2006.
9. Joshi, H. and W. J. Chappell, "Dual-band lumped-element bandpass filter," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 54, No. 12, 4169-4177, 2006. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2006.885576
10. Uchida, H., et al., "Dual-band-rejection filter for distortion reduction in RF transmitters," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 52, No. 11, 2550-2556, 2004. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2004.837161
11. Rambabu, K., et al., "Design of multiple-stopband filters for interference suppression in UWB applications," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 54, No. 8, 3333-3338, 2006. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2006.877813
12. Cameron, R. J., "Advanced coupling matrix synthesis techniques for microwave filters," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 51, No. 1, 1-10, 2003. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2002.806937
13. Amari, S. and U. Rosenberg, "Direct synthesis of a new class of bandstop filters," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 52, No. 2, 607-616, 2004. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2003.821939
14. Wu, R. B., S. Amari, and U. Rosenberg, "Cross-coupled microstrip band reject filters with non-resonating nodes," IEEE Trans. Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 15, No. 9, 585-587, 2005. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2005.855377
15. Cameron, R. J., M. Yu, and Y. Wang, "Direct-coupled microwave filters with single and dual stopbands," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 53, No. 11, 3288-3297, 2005. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2005.859032
16. Uchimura, H., T. Takenoshita, and M. Fuji, "Development of a lamined waveguide," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 46, No. 12, 2438-2443, 1998. doi:10.1109/22.739232
17. Pilote, A. J., K. A. Leahy, B. A. Flanik, and K. A. Zaki, "Waveguide filters having a layered dielectric structure," U.A. Patent, No. 5382931, 1995.
18. Bray, J. R. and L. Roy, Resonant frequencies of post-wall waveguide cavities, Proc. Inst. Elect. Eng., Vol. 150, No. 10, 365-268, 2003.
19. Matthaei, G. L., L. Young, and E. M. T. Jones, Microwave Filters Impedance-matching and Coupling Structure, Mcgraw-Hill, New York, 1964.
20. El Sabbagh, M. A., H.-T. Hus, K. A. Zaki, P. Pramanick, and T. Dolan, "Stripline transition to ridge waveguide bandpass filters," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 40, 29-53, 2003. doi:10.2528/PIER02080503
21. Shen, T. and K. A. Zaki, "Length reduction of evanescent-mode ridge waveguide bandpass filters," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 40, 71-90, 2003. doi:10.2528/PIER02082206