For the application of K connector (K103F) at Ka-band, many problems exist, due to the complex method of installation. In this paper, the test fixture is simplified, and the performance of this section is improved with the Electromagnetic bandgap (EBG) structure. Simulation results are presented for the connection structure with EBG; plots of the input reflection of geometrical and physical parameters are reported and commented on.
"Analysis of the Connection Between k
Connector and Microstrip with Electromagnetic Bandgap (EBG) Structures," ,
Vol. 73, 239-247, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07040801
1. Joannopoulos, J. D., R. D. Meade, and J. N. Winn, Photonic Crystals: Molding the Flow of Light, Princeton University Press, NJ, 1995.
2. Coccioli, R., F. R. Yang, K. P. Ma, and T. Itoh, "Aperture-coupled patch antenna on UC-PBG substrate," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 47, No. 11, 2123-2130, 1999. doi:10.1109/22.798008
3. Gonzalo, R., P. Maaget, and M. Sorolla, "Enhanced patch-antenna performance by suppressing surface waves using photonic-bandgap substrates," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 47, No. 11, 2131-2138, 1999. doi:10.1109/22.798009
4. Rahmat-Samii, Y. and H. Mosallaei, Electromagnetic bandgap structures: Classification, characterization and applications, Proc. Inst. Elect. Eng-ICAP Symp., No. 4, 560-564, 2001.
5. Maagt, P. D., R. Gonzalo, Y. C. Vardaxoglou, and J.- M. Baracco, "Electromagnetic bandgapan tennas and components for microwave and (Sub) millimeter wave applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 51, No. 10, 2667-2677, 2003. doi:10.1109/TAP.2003.817566
6. Yang, F. and Y. Rahmat-Samii, "Microstripan tennas integrated with electromagnetic band-gap(EBG) structures: A low mutual coupling design for array applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 51, No. 10, 2939-2949, 2003.
7. Lee, Y. J., J. Yeo, R. Mittra, and W. S. Park, "Application of Electromagnetic Bandgap(EBG) superstrates with controllable defects for a class of patch antennas as spatial angular filters," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 53, No. 1, 224-235, 2005. doi:10.1109/TAP.2004.840521
8. Zhu, S. and R. Langley, "Dual-band wearable antennas over EBG substrate," Electronics Letters, Vol. 43, No. 3, 2007. doi:10.1049/el:20073151
9. Euler, T. and J. Papapolymerou, "Silicon micromachined EBG resonator and two-pole filter with improved performance characteristics," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 13 No. 9, No. Vol. 13 9, 373-375, 2003. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2003.817132
10. Kong, Y. W. and S. T. Chew, "EBG-based dual mode resonator filter," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 14, No. 3, 124-126, 2004. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2003.822570
11. Huang, S. Y. and Y. H. Lee, "Tapered dual-plane compact electromagnetic bandgapmicrostripfilter structures," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 53, No. 9, 2656-2664, 2005. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2005.854212
12. Karim, M. F., A.-Q. Liu, A. Alphones, X. J. Zhang, and A. B. Yu, CPW band-stopfilter using unloaded and loaded EBG structures, IEE Proc.-Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 152, No. 6, 434-440, 2005.
13. Gao, C., Z. N. Chen, Y. Y. Wang, N. Yang, and X. M. Qing, "Study and suppression of ripples in passbands of series/parallel loaded EBG filters," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 54, No. 4, 1519-1526, 2006. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2006.871925
14. Anzellotti, E., F. Bilotti, and L. Vegni, "Broad-band tuning of an AIA amplifier using 1-D PBG transmission lines," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 17 No. 4, No. Vol. 17 4, 1, 2003.
15. Fu, Y. and N. Yuan, "Accurate analysis of electromagnetic bandgapmaterials using moment methods," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 19, No. 5, 2005. doi:10.1163/1569393053305026
16. Li, B., L. Li, and C.-H. Liang, "The rectangular waveguide board wall slot array antenna with EBG structure," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 19, No. 13, 2005.
17. Yang F., V. Demir, D. A. Elsherbeni, A. Z. Elsherbeni, and A. A. Eldek, "Enhancement of printed dipole antennas characteristics using semi-EBG ground plane," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 8, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306776930330
18. Anritsu, K., V Connector Tips, 93-103, 93-103, Anritsu Company, 2003.