An analytical solution is presented for the electromagnetic scattering from a perfect electromagnetic conducting circular cylinder, embedded in the dielectric half-space. The solution utilizes the spectral (plane wave) representations of the fields and accounts for all the multiple interactions between the buried circular cylinder and the dielectric interface separating the two half spaces.
"Electromagnetic Scattering from a Perfect Electromagnetic Conductor Cylinder Buried in a Dielectric Half-Space," ,
Vol. 78, 25-38, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER07081601
1. D'Yakonov, B. P., "The diffraction of electromagnetic waves by a circular cylinder in a homogeneous half space," Bull. Acad. Sci. U.S.S.R., 950-955, 1959.
2. Howard, J. A. Q., "The electromagnetic fields of a subterranean cylindrical inhomogeneity excited by a line source," Geophys., Vol. 37, No. 6, 975-984, 1972. doi:10.1190/1.1440320
3. Ogunade, S. O., "Electromagnetic response of an embeded cylinder for line current excitation," Geophys., Vol. 46, No. 1, 45-52, 1981. doi:10.1190/1.1441138
4. Mahmoud, S. F., S. M. Ali, and J. R. Wait, "Electromagnetic scattering from a buried cylindrical inhomogeneity inside a lossy earth," Radio Sci., Vol. 16, No. 6, 1285-1298, 1981. doi:10.1029/RS016i006p01285
5. Hongo, K. and A. Hamamura, "Asymptotic solutions for the scattered field of plane wave by s cylindrical obstacle buried in a dielectric half-space," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 34, No. 11, 1306-1312, 1986. doi:10.1109/TAP.1986.1143755
6. Naqvi, Q. A., A. A. Rizvi, and Z. Yaqoob, "Corrections to asymptotic solutions for the scattered fields of plane wave by a cylindrical obstacle buried in a dielectric half-space," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 48, No. 5, 2000. doi:10.1109/TAP.2000.855508
7. Naqvi, Q. A. and A. A. Rizvi, "Scattering from a cylindrical object buried in a geometry withparallel plane interfaces," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 27, 19-35, 2000. doi:10.2528/PIER98120902
8. Naqvi, Q. A., A. A. Rizvi, and Z. Yaqoob, "Scattering of electromagnetic waves from a deeply buried circular cylinder," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 27, 37-59, 2000. doi:10.2528/PIER99061401
9. Naqvi, Q. A. and A. A. Rizvi, "Low contrast circular cylinder buried in a grounded dielectric layer," J. Electromagn. Waves and Appl., Vol. 12, 1527-1536, 1998.
10. Hill, D. A., "Electromagnetic scattering by buried object of low contrast," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 26, 195-203, 1988.
11. Lawrence, D. E. and K. Sarabandi, "Electromagnetic scattering from a dielectric cylinder buried beneatha slightly roughsurface," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 50, No. 10, 1368-1376, 2002. doi:10.1109/TAP.2002.802160
12. Borghi, R., F. Frezza, F. Gori, M. Santarsiero, and G. Schettini, "Plane wave scattering by a perfectly conducting cylinder near a plane surface: Cylindrical wave approach," J. Opt. Am. A, Vol. 13, No. 3, 483-493, 1996.
13. Borghi, R., F. Gori, F. Frezza, and G. Schettini, "Plane wave scattering by a dielectric cylinder parallel to a general reflecting flat surface," J. Opt. Soc. Aer., Vol. 14, No. 7, 1500-1504, 1997. doi:10.1364/JOSAA.14.001500
14. Borghi, R., F. Frezza, G. Schettini, and M. Santarsiero, "Numerical study of reflection of cylindrical waves of arbitrary order by a generic planner interface," J. Electromagn. Waves and Appl., Vol. 13, 27-50, 1999.
15. Budko, N. V. and P. M. van den Berg, "Characterization of a two dimensional subsurface object withan effective scattering model," IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sensing, Vol. 37, No. 9, 2585-2596, 1999. doi:10.1109/36.789653
16. Butler, C. M., X. B. Xu, and A. W. Glisson, "Current induced on a conducting cylinder near the planer interface between two semi infinite half spaces," IEEE Trans. Antennas. Propagat., Vol. AP- 33, No. 6, 616-124, 1985. doi:10.1109/TAP.1985.1143648
17. Xu, X. B. and C. M. Butler, "Current induced by TE excitation on a conducting cylinder located near the planer interface between two semi infinite half-spaces," IEEE Trans. Antennas. Propagat., Vol. AP-34, 880-890, 1986.
18. Young, J. W. and J. C. Bertrand, "Multiple scattering by two cylinders," J. Acoust. Soc. of Amer., Vol. 58, 1190-1195, 1975. doi:10.1121/1.380792
19. Hongo, K., "Multiple scattering by two conducting cylinders," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. AP-26, 748-751, 1978. doi:10.1109/TAP.1978.1141929
20. Ragheb, H. A. and M. Hamid, "Scattering by N parallel conducting circular cylinders," Int. J. Electron., Vol. 59, No. 1, 407-421, 1985. doi:10.1080/00207218508920712
21. Elsherbeni, A. Z. and M. Hamid, "Scattering by parallel conducting circular cylinders," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. AP-35, 355-358, 1987. doi:10.1109/TAP.1987.1144098
22. Elsherbeni, A. Z. and A. Kishk, "Modeling of cylindrical objects by circular cylinders," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 40, No. 1, 96-99, 1992. doi:10.1109/8.123363
23. Yin, W. Y., L. W. Li, and M. S. Leong, "Scattering from multiple bianisotropic cylinders and their modeling of cylindrical objects of arbitrary cross-section," Progress In Elecgtromagnetics Research, Vol. 27, 159-184, 2000. doi:10.2528/PIER99091302
24. Yousif, H. A. and S. Kohler, "Scattering by two penetrable cylinders at oblique incidence. I. The analytical solution," J. Opt. Soc. Am. Ser. A, Vol. 5, No. 7, 1085-1096, 1988.
25. Yousif, H. A. and S. Kohler, "Scattering by two penetrable cylinders at oblique incidence. II. Numerical examples," J. Opt. Soc. Am. Ser. A, Vol. 5, No. 7, 1097-1104, 1988.
27. Henin, B. H., A. Z. Elsherbeni, and M. H. Al Sharkawy, "Oblique incidence plane wave scattering from an array of circular dielectric cylinders," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 68, 261-279, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER06083102