A novel dual-band bandpass filter with meander-loop resonator and complement split-ring resonator (CSRR) defected ground structure (DGS) is proposed in this letter. Microstrip meanderloop resonator and CSRR DGS are operated for respective passbands. Several finite attenuation poles in stopbands are realized to improve the selectivity of the proposed bandpass filter and isolation between the two passbands. Compact size,dual band and high selectivity characteristics are realized by this type of filter structure. The filter is evaluated by experiment and simulation with very good agreement.
"Design of Novel Dual-Band Bandpass Filter with Microstrip Meander-Loop Resonator and CSRR DGS," ,
Vol. 78, 17-24, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER07090301
1. Zhao, G., F.-S. Zhang, Y. Song, Zi-Bin Weng, and Y.-C. Jiao, "Compact ring monopole antenna with double meander lines for 2.4/5 GHz dual-band operation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 72, 187-194, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07031405
2. Levy, R., "Generalized rational function approximation in finite intervals using Zolotarev functions," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. MTT-18, No. 12, 1052-1064, 1970. doi:10.1109/TMTT.1970.1127411
4. Miyake, et al., "A miniaturized monolithic dual band filter using ceramic lamination technique for dual-mode portable telephones," IEEE MTT-S Int. Dig., 789-792, 1997.
5. Fan, J.-W., C.-H. Liang, and X.-W. Dai, "Design of cross-coupled dual-band filter with equal-length split-ring resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 75, 285-293, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07060904
6. Dai, X.-W., C.-H. Liang, B. Wu, and J. Fan, "No vel dual-band bandpass filter design using microstrip open-loop resonators," Journal of ElectroMagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 2, 219-225, 2008.
7. Hong, J.-S. and M. J. Lancaster, "Microstrip triangular patch resonator filters," IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, Vol. 1, No. 6, 331-334, 2000.
8. Görur, A., "Description of coupling between degenerate modes of a dual-mode microstrip loop resonator using a novel perturbation arrangement and its dual-mode bandpass filter applications," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 52, No. 2, 671-677, 2004. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2003.822033
9. Amari, S., "Commen ts on Description of coupling between degenerate modes of a dual-mode microstrip loop resonator using a novel perturbation arrangement and its dual-mode bandpass filter applications," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 52, No. 9, 2190-2192, 2004. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2004.834157
10. Park, J. I., C. S. Kim, J. Kim, et al."Mo deling of a photonic band gap and its application for the low-pass filter design," Asia Pacific Microwave Conference, 1999.
11. Gay-Balmaz, P . and F. Martin, "Electromagnetic resonances in individual and coupled split-ring resonators," J. Appl. Phys., Vol. 92, 2929-2936, 2002. doi:10.1063/1.1497452
12. Bonache, J., I. Gil, J. Garcia-Garcia, and F. Martin, "No vel microstrip bandpass filters based on complementary split-ring resonators," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 54, 265-271, 2006. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2005.861664
13. Bonache, J., I. GilJ. Garcia-Garcia, and F. Martin, "Complementary split ring resonators for microstrip diplexer design," Electron. Lett., Vol. 41, 2005. doi:10.1049/el:20050895
14. Xiao, J. K. and Y. Li, "No vel compact microstrip square ring bandpass filters," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 13, 1817-1826, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306779292156
15. Wu, B., B. Li, T. Su, and C.-H. Liang, "Equiv alent-circuit analysis and lowpass filter design of spit-ring resonator DGS," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 14, 1943-1943, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306779322765
16. Xiao, J.-K., S.-W. Ma, S. Zhang, and Y. Li, "No vel compact split ring stepped-impedance resonator (SIR) bandpass filters with transmission zeros," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 3, 329-339, 2007. doi:10.1163/156939307779367369
17. Sharma, R., T. Chakravarty, S. Bhooshan, and A. B. Bhattacharyya, "Design of a novel 3 db microstrip backward wave coupler using defected ground structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 65, 261-273, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER06100502
18. Kazerooni, M. and A. Cheldavi, "Sim ulation,analysis,design and applications of array defected microstrip structure (ADMS) filters using rigorously coupled multi-strip (RCMS) method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 63, 193-207, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER06052803
19. Khalaj-Amirhosseini, M., "Micr owave filters using waveguides filled by multi-layer dielectric," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 66, 105-110, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER06102502