Two kinds of band-notched ultra wide-band slot antennas are proposed. Printed on a dielectric substrate of FR4with relative permittivity of 4.4 and fed by a 50Ω microstrip line, the proposed antennas introduce semicircular annular strips to reject the frequency band (5.15-5.85 GHz) limited by IEEE802.11a. The parameters which affect the performance of the antennas in terms of its frequency domain characteristics are investigated in this paper.
"Two Novel Band-Notched UWB Slot Antennas Fed by Microstrip Line," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,
Vol. 78, 209-218, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER07091201
1. Fontana, R. J., "Recent system applications of short-pulse ultrawideband (UWB) technology," IEEE Trans. MTT, Vol. 52, No. 9, 2087-2104, 2004. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2004.834186
2. Eldek, A. A., "Numerical analysis of a small ultra-wideband microstrip-fed tap monopole antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 66, 199-212, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER06112703
3. Liu, W. C. and C. F. Hsu, "CPW-fed notched monopole antenna for umts/imt-2000/WLAN applications," J. of Electromagn. Waves and Appl., Vol. 21, No. 6, 841-851, 2007. doi:10.1163/156939307780749138
4. Gao, S. and A. Sambell, "A simple broadband printed antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 60, 119-130, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER05092603
5. Joardar, S. and A. B. Bhattacharya, "Two new ultrawideband dual polarized antenna-feeds using planar log periodic antenna and innovative frequency independent reflectors," J. of Electromagn. Waves and Appl., Vol. 20, No. 11, 1465-1479, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306779274318
6. Chen, X. and K. Huang, "Wideband properties of fractal bowtie dipoles," J. of Electromagn. Waves and Appl., Vol. 20, No. 11, 1511-1518, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306779274345
7. Shams, K. M. and M. Ali, "A planar inductively coupled bow-tie slot antenna for WLAN application," J. of Electromagn. Waves and Appl., Vol. 20, No. 7, 861-871, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306776149879
8. Zhou, H. J., Q. Z. Liu, J. F. Li, and J. L. Guo, "A swallow-tailed wideband planar monopole antenna with semi-elliptical base," J. of Electromagn. Waves and Appl., Vol. 21, No. 9, 1257-1264, 2007.
9. Kim, K.-H. and S.-O. Park, "Analysis of the small band-rejected antenna with the parasitic strip for UWB," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 54, No. 6, 1688-1692, 2006. doi:10.1109/TAP.2006.875911
10. Cho, Y. J., K. H. Kim, D. H. Choi, S. S. Lee, and S.- O. Park, "A miniature UWB planar monopole antenna with 5- GHz band-rejection filter and the time-domain characteristics," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 54, No. 5, 1453-1460, 2006. doi:10.1109/TAP.2006.874354
11. Ma, T.-G. and S.-J. Wu, "A new band-notched U-shape folded monopole antenna for UWB applications," Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium 2006, 9-14, 2006.
12. Kim, K.-H., Y.-J. Cho, S.-H. Hwang, and S.-O. Park, "Bandnotched UWB planar monopole antenna with two parasitic patches," Electronics Letters, Vol. 41, No. 14, 783-785, 2005. doi:10.1049/el:20051090
13. Nakamura, T. and H. Iwasaki, "Planar monopole antenna having a band-notched characteristic for UWB," Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium 2006, 4641-4644, 2006.
14. Kerkhoff, A. and H. Ling, "A parametric study of band-notched UWB planar monopole antennas," Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium 2004, Vol. 2, 20-25, 2004.
15. Lin, Y.-C. and K.-J. Hung, "Compact ultrawideband rectangular aperture antenna and band-notched designs," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 54, No. 11, 3075-3081, 2006. doi:10.1109/TAP.2006.883982