In this paper a novel numerical optimization technique for antenna configurations is introduced. This algorithm is inspired from colonizing weeds, which is shown to be very robust and adaptive to changes in the environment. Thus, capturing their properties would lead to a powerful optimization algorithm. The feasibility, efficiency and effectiveness of the proposed algorithm for optimization of antenna problems are examined by a set of antenna configurations. The obtained results are compared with a particle swarm optimization technique which is widely used in antenna optimization. Numerical results show that there is a good agreement between the corresponding results.
2. Lu, Y.Q.and J.Y.Li, "Optimization of broadband top-load antenna using micro-genetic algorithm," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 6, 793-801, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306776143370
3. Mahanti, G.K., N.P athak, and P.Mahan ti, "Synthesis of thinned linear antenna arrays with fixed sidelobe level using realcoded genetic algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 75, 319-328, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07061304
4. Mahanti, G.K., A.Chakrabart y, and S.Das, "Phase-only and amplitude-phase only synthesis of dual-beam pattern linear antenna arrays using floating-point genetic algorithms," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 68, 247-259, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER06072301
5. Sijher, T.S.and A.A.Kishk, "Antenna modeling by infinitesimal dipoles using genetic algorithms," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 52, 225-254, 2005. doi:10.2528/PIER04081801
7. Lee, K.C.and J.Y.Jhang, "Application of particle swarm algorithm to the optimization of unequally spaced antenna arrays," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 14, 2001-2012, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306779322747
8. Chen, T. B., Y. L. Dong, Y.-C. Jiao, and F.-S. Zhang, "Synthesizes of circular antenna array using crossed particle swarm optimization algorithm," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 13, 1785-1795, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306779292273