In this paper, the bit-error-rates performance of impulse radio ultra-wideband (IR-UWB) wireless communication system based on time reversal technique is investigated in both single-input singleoutput and multiple-input single-output situations. Simulations indicate that the good result is obtained as we expect it and IR-UWB based on time reversal technique is very promising for high bit rates wireless communication applications.
1. Win, M. Z. and R. A. Scholtz, "Impulse radio: How it works," IEEE Commun. Lett., Vol. 2, No. 2, 36-38, 1998. doi:10.1109/4234.660796
2. Chen, F. C. and W. C. Chew, "Time-domain ultra-wideband microwave imaging radar system," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 17, 313-331, 2003. doi:10.1163/156939303322235842
3. Fan, Z., L. X. Ran, and J. A. Kong, "Source pulse optimizations for UWB radio systems," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, 1535-1550, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306779274309
4. Fink, M., "Time reversal of ultrasonic fields. I. Basic principles," IEEE Trans. Ultrason. Ferroelectr. Freq. Control., Vol. 39, No. 5, 555-566, 1992. doi:10.1109/58.156174
5. Chen, X., "Time-reversal Operator for a small sphere in electromagnetic fields," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, 1219-1230, 2007. doi:10.1163/156939307783134434
6. Win, M. Z. and R. A. Scholtz, "On the robustness of ultrawide bandwidth signals in dense multipath environments," IEEE Commun. Lett., Vol. 2, No. 2, 51-53, 1998. doi:10.1109/4234.660801
7. Qiu, R. C., A Generalized time domain multipath channel and its applications in ultra-wideband (UWB) receiver design: System performance analysis, Proc. IEEE Wireless Comm. Network Conf., Vol. 3, No. 6, 2312-2324, 2004.
8. Kyristi, P., G. Panicolaou, and A. Oprea, "MISO time reversal and delayspread compression for FWA channels at 5 GHz," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 3, No. 12, 96-99, 2004.
9. Xiao, S., J. Chen, B.-Z. Wang, and X.-F. Liu, "A Numerical study on time-reversal electromagnetic wave for indoor ultrawideband signal transmission," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 77, 329-342, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07082501
10. Strohmer, T., M. Emami, J. Hansen, G Papanicolaou, and A. J. Paulraj, Application of time-reversal with MMSE equalizer to UWB communictions, Proc. IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference, Vol. 5, No. 12, 3123-3127, 2004.
11. Nguyen, H. T., I. Z. Kovcs, and P. C. F. Eggers, "A time reversal transmission approach for multiuser UWB communications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 54, No. 11, 3216-3224, 2006. doi:10.1109/TAP.2006.883959
12. Qiu, R. C., C. M. Zhou, N. Guo, and J. Q. Zhang, "Time reversal with MISO for ultrawideband communications: Experimental results," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 5, No. 12, 269-275, 2006. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2006.875888
13. Benedetto, M. G. D. and G. Giancola, Understanding Ultra Wide Band Radio Fundamentals, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, 2004.
14. Foester, J., "Channel modeling sub-committee report final (doc:IEEE802-15-02/490r1-SG3a)," IEEE P802.15 Working Group for Wireless Personal Area Networks (WPANs), No. 2, 802-15, 2002.
15. Cramer, R. J.-M., R. A. Scholtz, and M. Z. Win, "Evaluation of an indoor ultra-wideband propagation channel (doc:IEEE802-15-02/286r0-SG3a)," IEEE P802.15 Working Group for Wireless Personal Area Networks (WPANs), No. 6, 802-15, 2002.
16. Zhou, L.-L., H.-B. Zhu, and N.-T. Zhang, "Iterative solution to the noyched waveform design in cognitive ultra-wideband radio system," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 75, 271-284, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07060903
17. Chen, C.-H., C.-H. Liu, C.-C. Chiu, and T.-M. Hu, "Ultrawide band channel caculation by SBR/IMAG techniques for indoor communication," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 1, 41-51, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306775777387
18. Soliman, M. S., T. Morimoto, and Z.-I. Kawasaki, "Threedimensioal localization system for impulsice noise sources using ultra-wdieband digital interferometer techniquie," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 4, 515-530, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306776117027
19. Candy, J. V., et al., "Wideband multichannel time-reversal processing for acoustic communications in highly reverberant environments," Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, Vol. 120, 838-851, 2006. doi:10.1121/1.2211588