In this paper an efficient technique for the determination of the resonances of elliptic Substrate Integrated Waveguide (SIW) resonators is presented. The method is based on the implementation of Support Vector Regression Machines trained using a fast algorithm for the computation of the resonant frequencies of SIW structures. Results for resonators with a wide range of parameters will be presented. A comparison with results obtained with Multi Layer Perceptron Artificial Neural Network and with full wave simulations will show the effectiveness of the proposed approach.
Domenico De Carlo,
"Support Vector Regression Machines to Evaluate Resonant Frequency of Elliptic Substrate Integrate Waveguide Resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,
Vol. 83, 107-118, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER08041803
1. Deslandes, D. and K. Wu, "Integrated microstrip an rectangular waveguide in planar form," IEEE Microwaves Wilreless Comp. Lett., Vol. 11, No. 2, 68-70, 2001. doi:10.1109/7260.914305
2. Deslandes, D. and K. Wu, "Single substrate integration technique of planar circuits and waveguide filters," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 51, No. 2, 165-171, 2003.
3. Sotoodeh, Z., B. Biglarbegian, F. Hodjat-Kashani, and H. Ameri, "A novel bandpass waveguide filter structure on SIW technology," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 2, 141-148, 2008.
4. Ghorbaninejad, H. and M. Khalaj-Amirhosseini, "Compact bandpass filters utilizing dielectric filled waveguides," Progress In Electromagnetic research B, Vol. 7, 105-115, 2008.
5. Tang, H. J., W. Hong, Z. C. Hao, J. X. Chen, and K. Wu, "Optimal design of compact millimetre-wave SIW circular cavity filters," IEEE Electronic Letters, Vol. 15, No. 19, 1068-1069, 2005. doi:10.1049/el:20052251
6. Qin, P. Y., C. H. Liang, B. Wu, and T. L. Su, "Novel dual-mode bandpass filter with transmission zeros using substrate integrated waveguide cavity," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 5-6, 723-730, 2008. doi:10.1163/156939308784159417
7. Higham, N., Accuracy and Stability of Numerical Algorithms, 2nd Ed., SIAM, 2002.
8. Angiulli, G., "On the computation of nonlinear eigenvalues in electromagnetic problems," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 4, 527-532, 2007. doi:10.1163/156939307780616838
9. Amendola, G., G. Angiulli, E. Arnieri, and L. Boccia, "Analysis and characterization of circular substrate integrated resonators," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 18, No. 2, 239-241, 2008. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2008.918872
10. Angiulli, G., M. Cacciola, and M. Versaci, "Microwave devices and antennas modelling by support vector regression machines," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 43, No. 4, 1589-1592, 2007. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2007.892480
11. Yang, Z. Q., T. L. Yang, Y. L. Liu, and S. H. L. Han, "MIM capacitor modeling by support vector regression," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 1, 61-67, 2008. doi:10.1163/156939308783122788
12. Xu, Y. L., Y. L. Guo, R. L. Xu, and Y. L. Wu, "Modeling of SIC MESFETs by using support vector machine regression," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 11, 1489-1498, 2007.
13. Xu, Y. L., Y. L. Guo, R. L. Xu, and Y. L. Wu, "An support vector regression based nonlinear modeling method for SIC Mesfet," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 2, 103-114, 2008.
14. Barrile, V., M. Cacciola, Francesco C. Morabito, and M. Versaci, "TEC measurements through GPS and artificial intelligence," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 9, 1211-1220, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306777442962
15. Angiulli, G., M. Cacciola, and V. Barrile, "SAR imagery classification using multi class support vector machines," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 19, No. 14, 1865-1872, 2005. doi:10.1163/156939305775570558
16. Ranjkesh, N. and M. Shahabadi, "Loss mechanisms in SIW and MSIW," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 4, 299-309, 2008.
17. Che, W. Q., C. X. Li., D. P. Wang, L. Xu, and Y. L. Chow, "Investigation on the ohmic conductor losses in substrate-integrated waveguide and equivalent rectangular waveguide," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 6, 769-780, 2007. doi:10.1163/156939307780749101
18. Tsang, L., I. H. Chen, C. C. Huang, and V. Jandhyala, "Modeling of multiple scattering among vias in planar waveguides using Foldy Lax equations," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 31, 201-208, 2001. doi:10.1002/mop.1398
19. Arnieri, E. and G. Amendola, "Analysis of substrate integrated waveguide structures based on the parallel plate waveguide Green's function," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., accepted for publication.
20. Golub, G. and C. Van Loan, Matrix Computation, The John Hopkins University Press, 1996.
21. Press, W. H., B. P. Flannery, S. A. Teukolsky, and W. T. Vetterling, Numerical Recipes in Fortran: The Art of the Scientific Computing, Cambridge University Press, 1992.
22. Cortes, C. and V. Vapnik, "Support vector network," Machine Learning, Vol. 20, 273-297, 1997.
23. Angiulli, G. and M. Versaci, "Resonant frequency evaluation of microstrip antennas using a neural-fuzzy approach," IEEE Transaction on Magnetics, Vol. 39, No. 3, 1333-1336, 2003. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2003.810172
24. Gunn, S. R., Support vector machines for classification and regression, ISIS Technical Report, 1998.
25. Cristianini, N. and J. Shawe-Taylor, An Introduction to Support Vector Machines, Cambridge University Press, London, 2000.