A hybrid empirical-neural (HEN) model, to account for a loading effect of arbitrary raised dielectric slab in a microwave cylindrical metallic cavity, is presented. It is based on combination of an approximate model, as a rough empirical knowledge holder, and multi-layer perceptrons (MLP) neural network. In comparison with the model based only on MLP network, more accurate and efficient resonant frequencies calculation is achieved.
"Hybrid Empirical-Neural Model of Loaded Microwave Cylindrical Cavity," ,
Vol. 83, 257-277, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER08051503
1. Chan, T. V. C. T. and H. C. Reader, Understanding Microwave Heating Cavities, Artech House, 2000.
2. Balanis, C. A., Advanced Engineering Electromagnetics, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1989.
3. Milovanovic , B. , S. Ivkovic, D. Djordjevic, and N. Doncov, "The loading effect analysis of the cylindrical metallic cavities with various cross-sections," Journal of Microwave Power and Electromagnetic Energy, Vol. 33, No. 1, 49-55, 1998.
4. Milovanovic , B., S. Ivkovic, and A. Atanaskovic, "Approximate resonant frequency determination of the cylindrical metallic cavities loaded by lossy dielectric slab ," Journal of Microwave Power and Electromagnetic Energy, Vol. 33, No. 1, 49-55, 1999.
5. Zhang, Q. J. and K. C. Gupta, Neural Networks for RF and Microwave Design, Artech House, 2000.
6. Guney, K., S. Sagiroglu, and M. Erler, "Comparison of neural networks for resonant frequency computation of electrically thin and thick rectangular microstrip antennas," Journal of Electromagnetic Wave and Applications, Vol. 15, 1121-1145, 2001. doi:10.1163/156939301X00454
7. Mohamed, M. D. A., E. A. Soliman, and M. A. El-Gamal, "Optimization and characterization of electromagnetically coupled patch antennas using RBF neural networks ," Journal of Electromagnetic Wave and Applications, Vol. 20, 1101-1114, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306776930240
8. Guney, K., C. Yildiz, S. Kaya, and M. Turkmen, "Artificial neural networks for calculating the characteristic impedance of airsuspended trapezoidal and rectangular-shaped microshield lines," Journal of Electromagnetic Wave and Applications, Vol. 20, 1161-1174, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306777442917
9. Ayestaran , R. G. , F. Las-Heras, and J. A. Martinez, "Nonuniform-antenna array synthesis using neural networks," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, 1001-1011, 2007.
10. Kizilay, A. and S. Makal, "A neural network solution for identification and classification of cylindrical targets above perfectly conducting flat surfaces ," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, 2147-2156, 2007. doi:10.1163/156939307783152759
11. Yildiz, C., K. Guney, M. Turkmen, and S. Kaya, "Neural models for coplanar strip line synthesis," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 69, 127-144, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER06120802
12. Haykin, S., Neural Networks, IEEE, New York, 1994.
13. Milovanovic , B., Z. Stankovic, and S. Ivkovic, "Modelling of the cylindrical metallic cavity with circular cross-section using neural networks," Proceedings of IEEE 10th Mediterranean Electrotechnical Conference — MELECON' 2000, Vol. 2, 449-452, 2000. doi:10.1109/MELCON.2000.879967
14. Wang, F. and Q. J. Zhang, "Knowledge based neural networks for microwave design," IEEE Trans Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 45, No. 12, 2333-2343, 1997. doi:10.1109/22.643839
15. Stankovic, Z. and B. Milovanovic, "Microwave loaded cylindrical cavity modeling using knowledge based neural network," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 46, No. 6, 585-588, 2005. doi:10.1002/mop.21058
16. Jokoviic, J. , B. Milovanovic, and N. Doncov, "TLM analysis of cylindrical metallic cavity excited with a real feed probe," Int. Journal RF Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, Vol. 16, No. 4, 346-354, 2006. doi:10.1002/mmce.20155