In this paper, the Parallel Finite-Difference Time-Domain (FDTD) method based on MPI (Message Passing Interface) is applied to analyze the EMC problems of the electrically large platforms accurately and quickly, which is a full-wave numerical method. The MPI library and domain decomposition method are applied to implement the Parallel FDTD method, so that the computation resource is expanded. The method can analyze the EMC problems by modeling the electrically large platforms accurately. Then the network theory is introduced to compute the isolation between antennas combined with the Parallel FDTD method firstly, which avoids the complexity of sweeping frequency and reduce the computing time greatly. Numerical results show that the method is correct and efficient. Finally, the EMC problems of antennas mounted on electrically large platforms are analyzed and some useful conclusions are obtained.
"EMC Analysis of Antennas Mounted on Electrically Large Platforms with Parallel FDTD Method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,
Vol. 84, 205-220, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER08071303
1. Rao, S. M., D. R. Wilton, and A. W. Glisson, "Electromagnetic scattering by surfaces of arbitrary shape," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 30, No. 5, 409-418, 1982. doi:10.1109/TAP.1982.1142818
2. Dos Santos, M. L. X. and R. R. Nilson, "On the Ludwig integration algorithm for triangular subreqions," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 74, No. 10, 1455-1456, 1986.
3. Kouyoumijian, R. G. and P. G. A. Pathak, "Uniform geometrical diffraction for an edge in a perfectly conducting surfaces," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 62, No. 11, 1448-1461, 1974.
4. Zhao, X. W., X. J. Dang, Y. Zhang, and C. H. Liang, "MLFMA analysis of waveguide arrays with narrow-wall slots," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 8, 1063-1077, 2007.
5. Yee, K. S., "Numerical solution of initial boundary value problems involving Maxwell's equations in isotropic media," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 14, 302-307, 1966. doi:10.1109/TAP.1966.1138693
6. Hu, X.-J. and D.-B. Ge, "Study on conformal FDTD for electromagnetic scattering by targets with thin coating," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 79, 305-319, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER07101902
7. Qian, Z. H., R.-S. Chen, K. W. Leung, and H. W. Yang, "FDTD analysis of microstrip patch antenna covered by plasma sheath," Progress In Electromagnetics Research., Vol. 52, 173-183, 2005. doi:10.2528/PIER04080901
8. Liu, Y., Z. Liang, and Z. Yang, "Computation of electromagnetic dosimetry for human body using parallel FDTD algorithm combined with interpolation technique," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 82, 95-107, 2008.
9. Wang, M. Y., J. Xu, J. Wu, Y. Yan, and H.-L. Li, "FDTD study on scattering of metallic column covered by doublenegative metamaterial," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 14, 1905-1914, 2007. doi:10.1163/156939307783152777
10. Lu, W. and T. Cui, "Efficient method for full-wave analysis of large-scale finite-sized periodic structures," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 14, 2157-2168, 2007. doi:10.1163/156939307783152812
11. Zhang, Y., J. Song, and C. Liang, "MPI based parallelized locally conformal FDTD for modelling slot antennas and new periodic structures in microstrip," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 18, No. 10, 1321-1335, 2004. doi:10.1163/1569393042954974
12. Zhang, Y., J. Song, and C. Liang, "Study on the parallel modified locally conformal FDTD algorithm on cluster of PCs for PBG structures," Acta Electronica Sinica, Vol. 31, No. 12A, 2142-2144, 2003.
13. Lei, J. Z., C. H. Liang, and Y. Zhang, "Study on shielding effectiveness of metallic cavities with apertures by combining parallel FDTD method with windowing technique," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 74, 85-112, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07041905
14. Park, J. K., D. H. Shin, J. N. Lee, and H. J. Eom, "A fullwave analysis of a coaxial waveguide slot bridge using the Fourier transform technique," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 2, 143-158, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306775777198
15. Liu, Y., Z. Liang, and Z. Yang, "A novel FDTD approach featuring two-level parallelization on PC cluster," Progress In Electromagnetics Research., Vol. 80, 393-408, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER07120703
16. Guiaut, C. and K. Mahdjoubi, "A parallel FDTD algorithm using the MPI library," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 43, No. 2, 94-103, 2001. doi:10.1109/74.924608
17. Li, L.-W., Y.-J. Wang, and E.-P. Li, "MPI-based parallelized precorrected FFT algorithm for analyzing scattering by arbitrarily shaped three-dimensional objects," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 42, 247-259, 2003. doi:10.2528/PIER03030701
18. Andersson, U., "Time-domain methods for the Maxwell equations," Doctoral Dissertation, 2001.