Deterministic blind beamforming algorithms try to separate superpositions of source signals impinging on electromagnetic vector sensor array by using deterministic properties of the signals. This paper links electromagnetic-vector-sensor-array beamforming problem to the parallel factor (PARAFAC) model, which is an analysis tool rooted in psychometrics and chemometrics. Exploiting this link, it derives a deterministic blind beamforming algorithm. The blind beamforming algorithm doesn't require DOA (direction of arrival) information and polarization information. The simulation results reveal that the performance of the blind beamforming algorithm for electromagnetic vector sensor array is close to nonblind MMSE method, and this algorithm works well in array error condition.
"Deterministic Blind Beamforming for Electromagnetic Vector Sensor Array," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,
Vol. 84, 363-377, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER08080402
1. Costanzo, S. and G. Dimassa, "Direct far-field computation from bi-polar near-field samples," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 9, 1137-1148, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306777442926
2. Bao, X. L. and M. J. Ammann, "Comparison of several novel annular-ring microstrip patchan tennas for circular polarization," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 11, 1427-1438, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306779274336
3. Zhang, M.-T., et al., "Dual circularly polarized antenna of compact structure for radar application," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 14, 1895-1902, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306779322611
4. Panagopoulos, A. D. and G. E. Chatzaraki, "Outage performance of single/dual polarized fixed wireless access links in heavy rain climatic regions," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 3, 283-297, 2007. doi:10.1163/156939307779367387
5. Ng, J. W. P. and A. Manikas, "Polarisation-sensitive array in blind MIMO CDMA system," Electronics Letters, Vol. 41, No. 17, 49-50, August 18 2005. doi:10.1049/el:20052371
6. Ioannis, K. and G. B. Keith, "Base station polarization-sensitive adaptive antenna for mobile radio," Third Annual International Conference on Universal Personal Communications, 230-235, 1994.
7. Dessouky, M. I., H. A. Sharshar, and Y. A. Albagory, "A novel tapered beamforming window for uniform concentric circular arrays," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 14, 2077-2089, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306779322701
8. Guo, B., et al., "Microwave imaging via adaptive beamforming methods for breast cancer detection," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 1, 53-63, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306775777350
9. Jeong, Y.-S. and J.-H. Lee, "Estimation of time delay using conventional beamforming-based algorithm for UWB systems," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 15, 2413-2420, 2007. doi:10.1163/156939307783134281
10. Dessouky, M. I., H. A. Sharshar, and Y. A. Albagory, "Improving the cellular coverage from a high altitude platform by novel tapered beamforming technique," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 13, 1721-1731, 2007.
11. Babayigit, B., A. Akdagli, and K. Guney, "A clonal selection algorithm for null synthesizing of linear antenna arrays by amplitude control," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 8, 1007-1020, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306776930222
12. Naghshvarian-Jahromi, M., "Novel Ku band fan beam reflector back array antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 3, 95-103, 2008.
13. Weiss, A. J. and B. Friedlander, "Maximum likelihood signal estimation for polarization sensitive arrays," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 41, No. 7, 918-925, July 1993. doi:10.1109/8.237623
15. Hawkes, M. and A. Nehorai, "Acoustic vector-sensor beamforming and capon direction estimation," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 46, No. 9, 2291-2304, September 1998. doi:10.1109/78.709509
16. Landesa, L., I. T. Castro, J. M. Taboada, and F. Obelleiro, "Bias of the maximum likelihood doa estimation from inaccurate knowledge of the antenna array response," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 9, 1205-1217, 2007.
17. Roy, R. and T. Kailath, "ESPRIT — Estimation of signal parameters via rotational invariance techniques," IEEE Trans. Acoust., Speech, Signal Process., Vol. 37, 984-995, July 1989. doi:10.1109/29.32276
18. Agee, B. G., S. V. Schell, and W. A. Gardner, "Spectral self-coherence restoral: A new approach to blind adaptive signal extraction using antenna arrays," Proc. IEEE, Vol. 78, 753-767, April 1990. doi:10.1109/5.54812
19. Anand, K., G. Mathew, and V. U. Reddy, "Blind separation of multiple co-channel BPSK signals arriving at an antenna array," IEEE Signal Processing Lett., Vol. 2, 176-178, September 1995. doi:10.1109/97.410546