This paper proposes a motion compensation method to compensate for the inter-pulse phase errors caused by the target movement in stepped-frequency ISAR imaging. For this purpose, genetic algorithm, particle swarm optimization (PSO) and PSO with an island model (PSOI) were applied in the proposed procedure. Simulation results using point scatterers and measured data show that PSOI is the most efficient in the proposed method.
"Stepped-Frequency ISAR Motion Compensation Using Particle Swarm Optimization with an Island Model," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,
Vol. 85, 25-37, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER08082107
1. Chen, C. C. and H. C. Andrews, "Target-motion-induced radar imaging," IEEE Trans. Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 16, No. 1, 2-14, Jan. 1980. doi:10.1109/TAES.1980.308873
2. Park, S.-H., K.-K. Park, J.-H. Jung, H.-T. Kim, and K.-T. Kim, "Construction of training database based on high frequency RCS prediction methods for ATR," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, 693-703, 2008. doi:10.1163/156939308784159390
3. Li, J., R. Wu, and V. C. Chen, "Robust autofocus algorithm for ISAR imaging of moving targets," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 37, No. 3, 1056-1069, 2001.
4. Holland, J. H., Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems, The University of Michigan Press, Michigan, 1975.
5. Eberhart, R. C. and J. Kennedy, "A new optimizer using particle swarm theory," Proceedings of the Sixth International Symposium on Micro Machine and Human Science, 39-43, 1995. doi:10.1109/MHS.1995.494215
6. Kennedy, J. and R. C. Eberhart, Swarm Intelligence, Academic Press, 2001.
7. Koo, V. C., Y. K. Chan, and H. T. Chuah, "Multiple phase difference method for real-time SAR autofocus," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 3, 375-388, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306775701713
8. Lim, T. S., V. C. Koo, H. T. Ewe, and H. T. Chuah, "High-frequency phase error reduction in SAR using particle swarm of optimization algorithm," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 6, 795-810, 2007. doi:10.1163/156939307780749110
9. Lim, T. S., V. C. Koo, H. T. Ewe, and H. T. Chuah, "A SAR autofocus algorithm based on particle swarm optimization," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 1, 159-176, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB07102501
10. Huang, D. S., X.-P. Zhang, and G.-B. Huang, "Reconstruction of superquadric 3D models by parallel particle swarm optimization algorithm with island model," ICIC 2005, 757-766, Apr. 2005.
11. Li, X., G. Liu, and J. Ni, "Autofocusing of ISAR images based on entropy minimization," IEEE Trans. Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 35, No. 4, 1240-1251, Oct. 1999. doi:10.1109/7.805442
12. Hassan, R., B. Cohanim, and O. Weck, "A comparison of particle swarm optimization and the genetic algorithm," 46th AIAA/ASME/ASCE/AHS/ASC Structures, Structural Dynamics & Materials Conference, 18-21, Apr. 2005.
13. Wang, J., X. Liu, and Z. Zou, "Minimum-entropy phase adjustment for ISAR," IEE Proc. Radar Sonar Navig., Vol. 151, No. 4, 203-209, Aug. 2004. doi:10.1049/ip-rsn:20040692
14. Lazarov, A. and C. Minchev, "ISAR signal modeling and image reconstruction with entropy minimization autofocusing," Proc. DASC 2006, 1-11, Oct. 2006.
15. Karakasiliotis, A. V., A. D. Lazarov, P. V. Frangos, G. Boultadakis, and G. Kalognomos, "Two-dimensional ISAR model and image reconstruction with stepped frequency modulated signal," IET Signal Processing Journal, Special Issue on ISAR Signal Processing Techniques and Feature Extraction, April 2008.