For maneuvering target Doppler-bearing tracking with signal time delay, a novel approach called ISE-IMM is proposed in this paper. The iterative state estimation (ISE) method is designed to eliminate the negative influence of time delay effect and an interacting multiple model (IMM) filter is embedded to estimate the state according to the measurements of the delayed signal. The nonlinear filter preferred in this paper is a particle filter (PF) with an improved resampling procedure. Performance of our proposed method is evaluated in Monte Carlo simulations. Results show the effectiveness and stability of ISE-IMM-PF in combating the negative effect of signal time delay.
Xiao Yi Ren,
"Maneuvering Target Doppler-Bearing Tracking with Signal Time Delay Using Interacting Multiple Model Algorithms," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,
Vol. 87, 15-41, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER08091501
1. Chan, Y. K. and S. Y.Lim, "Synthetic aperture radar (SAR) signal generation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 1, 269-290, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB07102301
2. Abdelaziz, A. A., "Improving the performance of an antenna array by using radar absorbing cover," PIER Letters, Vol. 1, 129-138, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERL07112503
3. Shi, Z. G., S. Qiao, K. S. Chen, W. Z. Cui, W. Ma, T. Jiang, and L. X. Ran, "Ambiguity functions of direct chaotic radar employing microwave chaotic Colpitts oscillator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 77, 1-14, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07072001
4. Garenaux, K., T. Merlet, and M. Alouini, "Recent breakthroughs in RF photonics for radar systems," IEEE Aerospace and Electronic Systems Magazine, Vol. 22, No. 2, 3-8, 2007. doi:10.1109/MAES.2007.323292
5. Wang, C. J., B. Y. Wen, Z. G. Ma, W. D. Yan, and X. J. Huang, "Measurement of river surface current with FWCW radar system," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 3, 375-386, 2007. doi:10.1163/156939307779367350
6. Wang, X., X. Guan, X. Ma, D. Wang, and Y. Su, "Calculating the poles of complex radar targets," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 14, 2065-2076, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306779322657
7. Singh, A. K., P. Kumar, T. Chakravarty, G. Singh, and S. Bhooshan, "A novel digital beamformer with low angle resolution for vehicle tracking radar," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 66, 229-237, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER06112102
8. Turkmen, I. and K. Guney, "Tabu search tracker with adaptive neuro-fuzzy inference system for multiple target tracking," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 65, 169-185, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER06090601
9. Stratakos, Y., G. Geroulis, and N. Uzunoglu, "Analysis of glint phenomenon in a monopulse radar in the presence of skin echo and non-ideal interferometer echo signals," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 19, No. 5, 697-711, 2005. doi:10.1163/1569393053305008
10. Jauffret, C. and Y. Bar-Shalom, "Track formation with bearing and frequency measurements in clutter," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 26, No. 6, 999-1010, 1990. doi:10.1109/7.62252
11. Ristic, B., S. Arulampalam, and N. Gordon, Beyond the Kalman Filter: Particle Filters for Tracking Applications, Artech House, London, 2004.
12. Arulampalam, M. S., B. Ristic, N. Gordon, and T. Mansell, "Bearings-only tracking of manoeuvring targets using particle filters," EURASIP Journal on Applied Signal Processing, 2351-2365, 2004. doi:10.1155/S1110865704405095
13. Ristic, B. and M. S. Arulampalam, "Tracking a manoeuvring target using angle-only measurements: Algorithms and performance," Signal Processing, Vol. 83, 1223-1238, 2003. doi:10.1016/S0165-1684(03)00042-2
14. Chan, Y. T. and S. W. Rudnicki, "Bearings-only and Doppler-bearing tracking using instrumental variables," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 28, No. 4, 1076-1083, 1992. doi:10.1109/7.165369
15. Jauffret, C. and D. Pillon, "Observability in passive target motion analysis," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 32, No. 4, 1290-1300, 1996. doi:10.1109/7.543850
16. Guo, Y., A. Xue, and D. Peng, "A recursive algorithm for bearings-only tracking with signal time delay," Signal Processing, Vol. 88, 1539-1552, 2008. doi:10.1016/j.sigpro.2008.01.003
17. Blom, H. A. P. and Y. Bar-Shalom, "The interacting multiple model algorithm for systems with Markovian switching coefficients," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 33, No. 8, 780-783, 1988. doi:10.1109/9.1299
18. Bar-Shalom, Y., X. R. Li, and T. Kirubarajan, Estimation with Applications to Tracking and Navigation: Theory Algorithms and Software, Wiley, New York, 2001.
19. Yang, N., W. Tian, and Z. Jin, "An interacting multiple model particle filter for maneuvering target location," Meas. Sci. Technol., Vol. 17, 1307-1311, 2006. doi:10.1088/0957-0233/17/6/003
20. Blom, H. A. P. and E. A. Bloem, "Exact Bayesian and particle filtering of stochastic hybrid system," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 43, No. 1, 55-70, 2007. doi:10.1109/TAES.2007.357154
21. Li, X. R. and Y. Bar-Sharlom, "Design of an interacting multiple model algorithm for air traffic control tracking," IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, Vol. 1, No. 3, 186-194, 1993. doi:10.1109/87.251886
22. Li, X. R. and V. P. Jilkov, "Survey of maneuvering target tracking Part V: Multiple-model methods," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 41, No. 4, 1255-1321, 2005. doi:10.1109/TAES.2005.1561886
23. Li, X. R. and Y. Bar-Sharlom, "Multiple-model estimation with variable structure," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 41, No. 4, 1996.
24. Shi, Z. G., S. H. Hong, and K. S. Chen, "Tracking airborne targets hidden in blind Doppler using current statistical model particle filter," Progress In Electromagenetics Research, Vol. 82, 227-240, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER08012407
25. Arulampalam, M. S., S. Maskell, N. Gordon, and T. Clapp, "A tutorial on particle filters for online nonlinear/non-Gaussian Bayesian tracking," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 50, No. 2, 174-188, 2002. doi:10.1109/78.978374
26. Gordon, N. J., D. J. Salmond, and A. F. M. Smith, "Novel approach to nonlinear/non-Gaussian Bayesian state estimation," IEE Proceedings-F, Vol. 140, No. 2, 107-113, 1993.
27. Hong, S. H., Z. G. Shi, and K. S. Chen, "Novel roughening algorithm and hardware architecture for bearings-only tracking using particle filter," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, 411-422, 2008. doi:10.1163/156939308784160857
28. Zang, W., Z. G. Shi, S. C. Du, and K. S. Chen, "Novel roughening method for reentry vehicle tracking using particle filter," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 14, 1969-1981, 2007. doi:10.1163/156939307783152975
29. Gustafsson, F., F. Gunnarsson, N. Bergman, U. Forssell, J. Jansson, R. Karlsson, and R. J. Nordlund, "Particle filters for positioning, navigation, and tracking," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 50, No. 2, 425-437, 2002. doi:10.1109/78.978396
30. Boers, Y. and J. N. Driessen, "Interacting multiple model particle filter," IEE Proc. --- Radar Navig., Vol. 150, No. 5, 344-349, 2003. doi:10.1049/ip-rsn:20030741
31. Du, S. C., Z. G. Shi, W. Zang, and K. S. Chen, "Using interacting multiple model particle filter to track airborne targets hidden in blind Doppler," Journal of Zhejiang University --- Science A, Vol. 8, No. 8, 1277-1282, 2007. doi:10.1631/jzus.2007.A1277
32. Liu, J. S. and R. Chen, "Sequential Monte Carlo methods for dynamic systems," Journal of the American Statistical Association, Vol. 93, 1032-1044, 1998. doi:10.2307/2669847
33. Shensa, M. J., "On uniqueness of Doppler tracking," J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol. 70, No. 4, 1062-1064, 1981. doi:10.1121/1.386550
34. Passerieux, J. M., D. Pillon, P. Blanc-Benon, and C. Jauffret, "Target motion analysis with bearings and frequencies measurements," Signals, Systems and Computers, 1988. Twenty-Second Asilomar Conference, Vol. 1, 458-462, 1988. doi:10.1109/ACSSC.1988.754037