In order to design high current devices, there are many factors to be considered namely the compatibility of these devices with the internal and external propagation as well as ensuring the generation of low-frequency and high-frequency disturbances within electromagnetic environments.
This contribution reports the simulation and measurement results of the electromagnetic interference (EMI) due to the fields inside and outside a Current Injection Transformer (CIT) and its control system during short circuit tests. This paper will also push the state of the art by proposing a synthetic algorithm based on a channel coding technique for error free EMI shielding to increase the performance level of the CIT against the unpredictable events or probable transient states accompanying EMI which may result in malfunctioning of the control system and data exchanges through the connectors.
1. Heydari, H. and F. Faghihi, "Hybrid winding configuration in high current injection transformers based on EMC issues," IET Electric Power Applications, 2008.
2. Sandrolini, L., A. Massarini, and U. Reggiani, "Transform method for calculating low-frequency shielding effectiveness of planar linear multi layered shields," IEEE Transaction on Magnectics, Vol. 36, 3910-3919, 2000. doi:10.1109/20.914339
3. Molyneux-child, J. W., EMC shielding materials, TD, BSc (Eng), MCIM, Group Chairman, Surrey Group, Newnes, 1997.
4. Celozzi, S., "New figures of the characterization of the performance of shielding enclosures," IEEE Transactions, Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 46, No. 1, 142-146, 2004. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2004.823627
5. dos Santos, M. P. F., W. A. Clarke, H. C. Ferreira, and T. G. Swart, "Correction of insertions/deletions using standard convolutional codes and the Viterbi decoding algorithm," IEEE Information Theory Workshop, 187-190, 2003.
6. Swart, T. G. and H. C. Ferreira, "Insertion/deletion correcting coding schemes based on convolution coding," Electronics Letters, Vol. 38, No. 16, 871-873, 2002. doi:10.1049/el:20020597
7. Berrou, C., A. Glavieux, and P. Thitimajshima, "Near shannon limit error-correcting coding and decoding: Turbo-codes," Proceedings of ICC, 1993.
8. Brink, B., H. C. Ferreira, and W. A. Clarke, "Pruned convolutional codes for flexible unequal error protection against insertion/deletion/reversal errors," Proceeding ISIT2000, 2000.
9. Tai, C.-C. and Y.-L. Pan, "Finite element method simulation of photo inductive imaging for cracks," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 2, 53-61, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERL07122807
10. Vaish, A. and H. Parthasarathy, "Analysis of a rectangular waveguide using finite element method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 2, 117-125, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERC08031801
11. Zhou, X. and G. W. Pan, "Application of physical spline finite element method (PSFEM) to fullwave analysis of waveguides," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 60, 19-41, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER05081102
12. Roy, A., S. Ghosh, and A. Chakrabarty, "Simple crosstalk model of three wires to predict nearend and farend crosstalk in an EMI/EMC environment to facilitate EMI/EMC modeling," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 8, 43-58, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB08050503
13. Lindell, V. and A. H. Sihvola, "Reflection and transmission of waves at the interface of perfect electromagnetic conductor (PEMC)," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 5, 169-183, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB08022010
14. Sharaa, D., N. Aloi, and H. P. Gerl, "EMC model-based test-setup of an electrical system," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 11, 133-154, 2009.
15. Faghihi, F., "Design optimization of current injection transformer based on EMC considerations," PhD Thesis, 2008.
16. Heydari, H., F. Faghihi, R. Sharifi, and A. M. Poursoltanmoham, "Superconducting technology for over-current limiting in a 25KA current injection system," IOP Journals, Superconductor Science and Technology, Vol. 21, 2008.
17. Mori, T. and H. Imai, "Viterbi decoding considering insertion/deletion errors," Proc. ISIT1995, 145, 1995.
18. Vahedi, A., H. Heydari, and F. Faghihi, "Analysis and simulation of pulse transformer considering leakage inductance and capacitance," IEE Conference, CIRED 2005, 2005.