A 35 GHz alternating current (AC) direct detection receiver for passive imaging has been studied and presented. The Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuits (MMIC) Low Noise Amplifiers (LNAs) with high gain and wide band are cascaded to provide enough gain for high sensitivity in the receiver. On basic of discussing the structure and mechanical chopping modulation, the signal model and compensation mechanism is emphatically analyzed. Finally, the imaging result is given.
1. Clark, S. E., J. A. Lovberg, C. A. Matiin, and V. Kolinko, "Passive millimeter-wave imaging for airborne and security application," Proceedings for SPIE, Vol. 5077, 16-27, 2003. doi:10.1117/12.484871
2. Oka, S., H. Togo, N. Kukutsu, and T. Nagatsuma, "Latest trends in millimeter-wave imaging technology," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 1, 197-204, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERL07120604
3. Guan, F. H., C. Wang, W. Z. Tian, R. Qian, and X. W. Sun, "Development of MMIC direct detection radiometers," Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, Vol. 26, No. 02, 125-128, 2007.
4. Dou, W. B. and Z. L. Mei, "Electromagnetic analysis of symmetrical diffractive lens with small F-number and electrical large size," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 19, 1359-1374, 2005. doi:10.1163/156939305775525855
5. Chen, X., D. Liang, and K. Huang, "Microwave imaging 3-D buried objects using parallel genetic algorithm combined with FDTD technique," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, 1761-1774, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306779292264
6. Chiang, C. T. and B. K. Chung, "High resolution 3-D imaging," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 19, 1267-1281, 2005. doi:10.1163/156939305775526016
7. Dou, W. B., X. D. Deng, and J. H. Pan, "Analysis of extending the field-of-view of reverse-microscope imaging system at millimeter-wavelengths," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 18, 469-479, 2004. doi:10.1163/156939304774113070
8. Karanasiou, I. S., N. K. Uzunoglu, and A. Garetsos, "Electromagnetic analysis of a non-invasive 3D passive microwave imaging system," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 18, 379-380, 2004. doi:10.1163/156939304323085793
9. Mei, Z. L. and W. B. Dou, "Analysis of focal field of small F-number imaging system at millimeter wavelength," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 16, 929-941, 2002. doi:10.1163/156939302X00273
10. Li, X. G., Millimeter Wave Near Sensing Technique and Application, Beijing National Defense Industry Publishing House, 1991.
11. Zhang, G. F., X. G. Li, and G. W. Lou, "Research on passive MMW imaging based on an alternating current radiometer," Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, Vol. 26, No. 06, 461-464, 2007.
12. Lou, G. W. and X. G. Li, "Research on the 3mm band alternating current radiometer," Journal of Microwaves, Vol. 16, No. 3, 295-298, 2000.
13. Camps, A., J. Bara, F. Torres, and I. Corbella, "Extension of the clean technique to the microwave imaging of continuous thermal sources by means of aperture synthesis radiometers," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 12, 311-313, 1998. doi:10.1163/156939398X00656
14. Lynch, J. J., J. N. Schulman, and H. P. Moyer, "Low noise direct detection sensors for millimeter wave imaging," Compound Semiconductor Integrated Circuit Symposium, 2006 IEEE, 215-218, 2006. doi:10.1109/CSICS.2006.319937
15. Lynch, J. J., H. P. Moyer, and J. H. Schaffner, "Passive millimeterwave imaging module with preamplifier zero-bias detection," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 56, 1592-1600, 2008. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2008.924361
16. Gustrau, F. and D. Manteuffel, EM Modeling of Antennas and RF Components for Wireless Communication Systems, 23-42, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2006.
17. Jacobsen, S. and P. Stauffer, "Performance evaluation of various antenna configurations for microwave thermography during superficial hyperthermia," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 15, 111-134, 2001. doi:10.1163/156939301X00706