In this article, the harmful radiation level of electric field strength from the hostile low-power radio devices causing the intermodulation interference to the AMPS receiver has been predicted. The predicted level becomes the upper limit to avoid the intermodulation interference on the victim device. Our findings show that the quantified upper limit was 79.13[dBμV/m] to mitigate the adverse influence from these low-power radio devices. Our results are based on the calculation, simulation, and measurement for the commercial AMPS chip. Resulting values are in a good agreement within less than 3[dB].
1. Son, H. K. and H. S. Lee, "The prediction of radio interference through ducting and proposal measures for protecting interference," The 55th IEEE Proc., VTC 2002-Spring, Vol. 1, 502-506.
2. Kim, D. Y., H. G. Yoon, B. J. Jang, and J. G. Yook, "Interference analysis of UHF RFID systems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 4, 115-126, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB08010607
3. Zhou, G., T. He, J. A. Stankovic, and T. Abdelzaher, "Radio interference detection in wireless sensor networks," INFOCOM 2005. 24th Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies, Vol. 2, 891-901, Mar. 2005. doi:10.1109/INFCOM.2005.1498319
4. Park, J. A., S. K. Park, D. H. Kim, P. D. Cho, and K. R. Cho, "Experiments on radio interference between wireless LAN and other radio devices on a 2.4 GHz ISM band," The 57th IEEE Proc. Semiannual, VTC 2003-Spring, Vol. 3, 1798-1801, Apr. 2003. doi:10.1109/VETECS.2003.1207133
5. Ghosh, M. and V. Gaddam, "Bluetooth interference cancellation for 802.11g WLAN receivers," ICC'03, IEEE International Conference on Communications, Vol. 2, 1169-1173, 2003. doi:10.1109/ICC.2003.1204552
6. Wang, Q., D. Su, M. Jiang, and S. Xie, "A study on RF frequency optimization design system related to intermodulation interference," The 2006 4th Asia-Paci¯c Conference on Environmental Electromagnetics, 616-619, Aug. 2006. doi:10.1109/CEEM.2006.258030
7. Ponnekanti, S. and S. Sali, "Non-linear interference cancella tion techniques for electromagnetically dense propagation environments," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 18, 209-228, 1998. doi:10.2528/PIER97032600
8. Azmi, P. and N. Tavakkoli, "Narrow-band interference suppression in CDMA spread-spectrum communication systems using pre-processing based techniques in transform-domain," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 3, 141-150, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERL08022602
9. Rosenberg, A. and S. Kemp, CDMA Capacity and Quality Optimization, 71-73, McGraw-Hill, N.Y., 2003.
10. Pedro, J. C. and N. B. Carvalho, Intermodulation Distortion in Microwave and Wireless Circuits, 35-39, Artech House, Boston, 2003.