Based on an analytical expression for the integration of the free-space Green's function involving any combination of basis and test functions, an accurate and highly efficient method to determine the Method of Moments matrix has been developed. A full analytical expression is obtained through direct integration of the Taylor's series expansion of the free-space Green's function. Based on the distance between the source and observation points, a criterion is established to reduce the full expression to a much-simplified expression, which speeds up the computational efficiency to fill up the Method of Moments matrix without compromising the solution accuracy.
1. Harrington, R. F., Field Computation by Moment Methods, 2nd Ed., IEEE Press, 1993.
2. Miller, E. K., Computational Electromagnetics: Frequency-Domain Method of Moments, IEEE Press, 1992.
3. Peterson, A. F., S. L. Ray, and R. Mittra, Computational Methods for Electromagnetics, IEEE Press, 1998.
4. Araujo, M. G., J. M. Bertolo, F. Obelleiro, J. L. Rodriguez, J. M. Taboada, and L. Landesa, "Geometry based preconditioner for radiation problems involving wire and surface basis functions," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 93, 29-40, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09042104
5. Yeo, J. and R. Mittra, "An algorithm for interpolating the frequency variations of method-of-moments matrices arising in the analysis of planar microstrip structures," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory & Techn., Vol. 51, No. 3, 1018-1025, 2003. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2003.808703
6. Fasenfest, B. J., F. Capolino, D. R. Wilton, D. R. Jackson, and N. J. Champagne, "A fast MoM solution for large arrays: Green's function interpolation with FFT," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propag. Letter, Vol. 3, No. 9, 161-164, 2004. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2004.833713
7. Soliman, E. A., "Rapid frequency sweep technique for MoM planar solvers," IEE Proc. Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 151, No. 4, 277-282, 2004. doi:10.1049/ip-map:20040646
8. Soliman, E. A., A. K. Abdelmageed, and M. A. El-Gamal, "Neural computation of the MoM matrix elements for planar configurations," Int. J. of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 56, No. 3, 155-162, 2002. doi:10.1078/1434-8411-54100089
9. Xiong, Y., D. G. Fang, and Q. J. Zhang, "Application of two-dimensional AWE algorithm in training neural networks," 3rd Int. Conf. on Microw. and Millimeter Wave Tech. Proc., 879-882, 2002. doi:10.1109/ICMMT.2002.1187842
10. Soliman, E. A., H. B. Mohamed, and K. N. Natalia, "Neural networks-method of moments (NN-MoM) for the efficient filling of the coupling matrix," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 52, No. 6, 1521-1529, 2004. doi:10.1109/TAP.2004.829846
11. Tarricone, L., M. Mongiardo, and F. Cervelli, "A quasi one-dimensional integration technique for the analysis of planar microstrip circuits via MPIE/MoM," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory & Techn., Vol. 49, No. 3, 517-523, 2001. doi:10.1109/22.910556
12. Smith, J. R. and M. S. Mirotznik, "Analytical simplification of the 2-D method of moments impedance integral," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 52, No. 12, 3288-3294, 2004. doi:10.1109/TAP.2004.835164
13. Smith, J. R. and M. S. Mirotznik, "Moments via integral transform method for 2-D dielectric materials," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 53, No. 1, 560-563, 2005. doi:10.1109/TAP.2004.838749
14. Mahadevan, K. and H. A. Auda, "Electromagnetic field of a rectangular patch of uniform and linear distributions of current," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 37, No. 12, 1503-1509, 1989. doi:10.1109/8.45090
15. Alatan, L., M. I. Aksun, K. Mahadevan, and M. T. Birand, "Analytical evaluation of the MoM matrix elements," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory & Techn., Vol. 44, No. 4, 519-525, 1996. doi:10.1109/22.491019
16. Chua, E. K., K. Y. See, and Z. H. Liu, "Accurate and e±cient computation of MoM matrix involving 2D triangular basis function with line matching," Int. J. of Computational Methods, Vol. 3, No. 3, 355-370, 2006. doi:10.1142/S0219876206000928
17. Wei, X.-C., E. P. Li, and Y. J. Zhang, "Application of the improved finite element-fast multipole method on large scattering problems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 47, 49-60, 2004. doi:10.2528/PIER03092501
18. Zhao, P. and H.-G. Wang, "Resistances and inductances extraction using surface integral equation with the acceleration of multilevel green function interpolation method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 83, 43-54, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER08032001
19. Wei, X. C., E. P. Li, and C. H. Liang, "Fast solution for large scale electromagnetic scattering problems using wavelet transform and its precondition," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 17, No. 4, 611-613, 2003. doi:10.1163/15693930360681965
20. Hussein, K. F. A., "Fast computational algorithm for EFIE applied to arbitrarily-shaped conducting surfaces," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 68, 339-357, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER06122502
21. See, K. Y. and E. M. Freeman, "Rigorous approach to modeling electromagnetic radiation from finite-size printed circuit structures," IEE Proc. Microw., Antenna & Propag., Vol. 146, No. 1, 29-34, 1999. doi:10.1049/ip-map:19990145
22. Wei, X. C., E. P. Li, Y. L. Guan, and Y. H. Chong, "Simulation and experimental comparison of different coupling mechanisms for the wireless electricity transfer," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 7, 925-934, 2009. doi:10.1163/156939309788355180